• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Mr9

Smash Journeyman

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
:) I'm getting better with samus. I can do the dair combos now and I can properly utilize utilt for edgeguarding. Still need to learn to utilize jab cancelling though. Also, NO-IDea, I think I know someone who is a friend of yours or played you. He goes to northeastern and was talkin about your nasty samus, since I was playin with samus /run-on sentence.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
:) I'm getting better with samus. I can do the dair combos now and I can properly utilize utilt for edgeguarding. Still need to learn to utilize jab cancelling though. Also, NO-IDea, I think I know someone who is a friend of yours or played you. He goes to northeastern and was talkin about your nasty samus, since I was playin with samus /run-on sentence.
Dank, right? We're high school friends.

Play together more often. He needs to get a lot better too...

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

Yea, I'm not having too much trouble against his lucario as snake. I'm getting that MU down... besides for the deceptive range. But as Samus, I still need work. :) I kinda freaked when Dank said he knows you, haha. It made me wanna put samus in my pocket and not embarrass myself, haha. NEU held friendly tourney - single elim, 1 round, only neutrals, etc. Just for fun. Next time, Imma see how far I get with Samus. As snake, I lost against a wario; it was my first time playing one (no johns).

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

Dank's improved alot actually, Last month I wreck him at a tourney, I play him again in a tourney last week and he did alot better, he took off 2 stocks from my Snake both times /random guy with a random comment.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Agreed. Although I think most of that improvement in the last month had come from him coming home a couple weeks ago for a flu shot.

After two-stocking him consistently, he wised up on one of the big things he kept doing wrong.

He's still got quite a ways to go. Least I think. We'll meet up again tuesday to find out.

Does anybody think we should do an idea like this?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254389

i think it would help us know each other better and maybe boost samus player numbers back here.
I think that's a good idea, but we should make it more like the peach boards do. Post a little profile thing on each person

I can't find the thread, but there was basically a picture of the person, with information on likes/dislikes, why they main peach etc etc

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Yume, you following me? Can't spy on mah samus - cloaking suit samus.

Edit: I just thought of something stupid. On facebook, I should put relationship status - in a relationship with Samus - I'm serious with her now. Forget snake.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think that's a good idea, but we should make it more like the peach boards do. Post a little profile thing on each person

I can't find the thread, but there was basically a picture of the person, with information on likes/dislikes, why they main peach etc etc
if u can keep it updated and stuff.....feel free to make a thread. i guess send us PMs for pics and prfile info/questions.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yume, you following me? Can't spy on mah samus - cloaking suit samus.

Edit: I just thought of something stupid. On facebook, I should put relationship status - in a relationship with Samus - I'm serious with her now. Forget snake.
LOL I'm everywhere srsly, yeah agree, **** snake, Falco ftw, I'll just save Snake for dem ICs.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Interesting interesting... I plan on coming up there next semester just for a visit. Would be awesome to meet you guys. Basement of GSU, right? xD

@DS: going from Snake to Samus, eh? Interesting. Never heard of someone doing that before...

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
wait really? lol this is great i always love it when some drops to our level...hahaha get it cuz we're a low tier......

sorry it was stupid...

im gonna go cry in the shower fully clothed and eat noodles

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Honestly, snake is a bit too buff, but I feel like my samus plays better. Snake gets better results, but that's probably because his tilts are long and has a million kill moves. Thing is I tend to eat more damage and don't strategize as much. I rely too much on his weight and his little tricksies. I play better with samus because I camp more like a noob (yes, zair too much and everything) and I try harder to not eat easily blockable attacks, even though samus is pretty heavy too. I got a question on the Q&A, check it :)

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
she is heavy but she doesnt have much in the momentum canceling categories as some others heavy weights do.

she is heavy but she doesnt have much in the momentum canceling categories as some others heavy weights do.
Kind of true, but I find myself never dying before 150% and her uair is actually pretty fast, so she can do it multiple times, even with her lack of a FF.

NO-IDea said:
@DS: going from Snake to Samus, eh? Interesting. Never heard of someone doing that before...
I went from MK to Pika to Samus :3.

Xyro77

I dont think you guys understand momentum cancelling. Uair to bomb is the fastest most effective way. nothing else works as good or is fast enough to save you.

I dont think you guys understand momentum cancelling. Uair to bomb is the fastest most effective way. nothing else works as good or is fast enough to save you.
I dont think YOU understand it. Bomb puts you in the upper blast zone, LanceStern proved that. Unless he's wrong (which he hardly ever is).

Tbh, I've seen very negative effects of the bomb within momentum cancelling. I tested this out on a large flat stage I made, and I lived a horizontal attack, with perfect DI, then used the bomb afterwards, and was killed with a sudden jolt into the upper blast zone.

Xyro77

Gw nair to bucket.
Samus uair to bomb.

it stops or slows you down.

Same thing, case closed.

Xyro77

So since yout the "master" of momentum cancelling. What should we do?

So if uair (which ends the fasted) is not the fastest and if bombs(that stop momentum) dont stop momentum.....what should we do.

So since yout the "master" of momentum cancelling. What should we do?

So if uair (which ends the fasted) is not the fastest and if bombs(that stop momentum) dont stop momentum.....what should we do.
I actually didn't reference myself at all in that post, ARE YOU EVEN READING THEM? D:

LanceStern is the master of momentum cancelling imo :3

Please answer the question
Please read Lance's thread.

And to answer your question, Uair yes, is the best for momentum cancelling since you can obv FF after it has been performed, bombs however, put Samus in the upper blast zone, you can test it right now if you want, heck, I'll even record it if you don't wanna test it. Im sure bombs are good when being sent horizontally, but normally people will DI upwards, and bomb would then send them into the blast zone.

This has happened to me PLENTY of times, I rarely use bomb now.

uair does not slow your momentum or cancel it. bombs do.
It allows you to fastfall, I worded it incorrectly. Bombs put you in the upper blast zone, which makes momentum cancelling useless since your going to die from the upper blast anyway, we can go over this repeatedly, but it won't end.

Now I propose an idea, since I don't like making new threads for these sorts of things:

We should make a Samus move popularity list, like the Peach boards did, only you know, with less drama....

Example:

God Tier - Zair
Bottom Tier - Bombs (its just an example)

And we could give brief explanations, and how these moves could be used, the threads that are stickied are really outdated imo. This is only a brief overview, but I think it can really help newer Samus players understand what moves to steer clear of.

Xyro77

I wont make it cause i think that idea is dumb but if you want to make it, go ahead. i will ask dryn to keep it

I wont make it cause i think that idea is dumb but if you want to make it, go ahead. i will ask dryn to keep it
Well that was uncalled for and just plain rude, a little mad are we? ;)

It was just an idea, since we get so many new Samuses making the same mistakes with bombs/d/fsmash etc etc, I thought it would be nice if we could help them out, because thats face it, these stickies are far to hard to navigate as a beginner. I STILL have trouble seeing whats what, obviously others do to otherwise we wouldn't be getting all of these new video threads.

Xyro77

it was rude, it was my opinion. heck i even said id ask dryn to keep it open.

it was rude, it was my opinion. heck i even said id ask dryn to keep it open.
Fair enough, but it was kinda unnecessary to be rude in such a simple discussion is all, but it's no bother.

There's no point in having the thread if we won't get any contributions from a pretty good Samus main like yourself, each of us knows more about moves then others, like how IsmaR is with Nair.

Top Bottom