• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
To settle the dispute, u-air FF to double jump is the best way to survive. Period. This has already been proven.

If you're arguing between what's better between double FF u-air and FF u-air -> bomb, you have to look at when to use either. Again, I've stated what is best, but sometimes if you can survive without the double jump and you're sent high, you want to save it, right?

With that said, if you're sent at a low trajectory (less than 45 degrees when sent right, over 135 degrees when sent left,) it is better to use FF u-air-> bomb than it is to do double FF u-air. HOWEVER, with this said, if you're being sent low, you should be using double jump to gain vertical height, therefore FF u-air-> double jump is your best option ANYWAY.

If you're being sent high (between 45-135 degrees), double FF u-air is better than FF u-air-> bomb because bombs do not decrease your vertical trajectory. With that being said, if you've survived after using the first FF u-air, you shouldn't need to use the second FF u-air. Generally speaking, the second FF u-air DOES NOT MATTER. Think about it, you could have double jumped instead of doing the second FF u-air. And remember, you cannot die by jumping too high into the blast zone. You can only die if you're hit while in the blast zone (Pit's arrows for example.)

If you do not have a double jump at your disposal, then for horizontal trajectory, bombs are better if you already know you're going to survive just so you prepare your recovery, but double FF u-air is better if there's the slimmest chance for survival. (This is what KJ was getting at, Xyro)

If you do not have a double jump at your disposal, then for vertical trajectory, well... it doesn't matter after the first FF u-air, because by that point the game will decide if you've lived or died.

If you're confused about this, feel free to contact me via AIM.

NOID, I want to hug you (nohomo), honestly. Your posts are absolutly fantastic, and you corrected us both.

Mr9, LONE bounty hunter xD. Naw im JK, I went on at it to much, sorry Xyro =3.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys. I've started to use Samus a bit, because that way I can say I use all the girl characters in Brawl (plus she's quite fun as well). I have a quick question. Which of Samus' matchups are considered her worst and why? Thanks. :)

Hey guys. I've started to use Samus a bit, because that way I can say I use all the girl characters in Brawl (plus she's quite fun as well). I have a quick question. Which of Samus' matchups are considered her worst and why? Thanks. :)
You really should ask this in the Q&A topic but since im here.....

Falco and MK spring to mind.

Falco's lazer camping completely destroys our missle cancelling, we can't pull off the short hops we need D:. He abuses us up front, and CS is limited because of that extended reflector, those are just some quick ones that come to mind. His jabs are amazing and can easily rack up the damage if Samus isn't careful, so don't let falco get close, attempt to keep him away with your zair, it does really well against him. If you see ANY chance, GO FOR THE GIMP. The spike on his side B isn't nearly enough to bring Samus down, so just go for it whenever you get the chance, Falco will not be letting you get to him easily to land a dtilt/fsmash.

MK, well, he is definatly one of, if not, our toughest matchup. Nado destroys our projectiles (not CS but you know, I don't really wanna throw out a CS everytime MK nados). He can rush past our spam with EASE and immediatly come in. He racks up the damage fast, and this time, your not the only one with Up B OoS, and MK's is like way better, it can even KO you if your not careful. He is one of the few characters in the game who can rival our ledge game. His uair, dsmash and dair gimp us on the ledge HARRRDDD so just watch out. This matchup is not easy AT ALL, and there is a good chance you will not win (sorry to say it, but a good MK will not allow himself to be caught in Samus' spam)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hey, everyone. It looks like I'm still a moderator. I hope everyone has been behaving while I was gone. ;) I'm joking. Anyway, I'll be here until this Sunday. I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Hey, everyone. It looks like I'm still a moderator. I hope everyone has been behaving while I was gone. ;) I'm joking. Anyway, I'll be here until this Sunday. I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Welcome back :3. They can't fire you D:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ddd and olimar.

ddd and olimar.
Didn't you just say ddd v samus was 50-50 thanks to the ledge? =3

I'll agree with d3 if we're going by what Samus is like atm, just didn't include him cause of what you said in the ledge thread, but ah well x3.

D3 and MK are my votes now tbh.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Didn't you just say ddd v samus was 50-50 thanks to the ledge? =3

I'll agree with d3 if we're going by what Samus is like atm, just didn't include him cause of what you said in the ledge thread, but ah well x3.

D3 and MK are my votes now tbh.
i need to play more ddd before i confirm its 50-50 imo

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Happy Thanksgiving Samus' :) I'm thankful for her killing power, her nair nurf from melee, her awesome momentum canceling options, and her susceptibility to infinites /sarcasm... except for the first, do have a happy thanksgiving.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just played a very good Dedede today who didn't even need to exploit the infinite to beat me. I'm convinced it's not 50-50, but it's not Samus' worst match up. I lived at 150%+ for like a minute and a half first stock(the thing that surprised me was that like less than 20% of it was on the ledge(lolledgesonFrigate), but I did find that aerial Up B's can be useful in catching Dedede out of his B-air half the time) and was able to bring him up that high as well. And lolOlimarbeinghard

Happy Thanksgiving Samus' :) I'm thankful for her killing power, her nair buff from melee, her awesome momentum canceling options, and her susceptibility to infinites /sarcasm... except for the first, do have a happy thanksgiving.
ty/fix'd

Also, am I only one who found this too good?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Samus social isn't that chatty. It seems like every goes on their solo bounty hunter ways.

Edit: That Xat chat thing is pretty cool. Little sidebars while talking, youtube player, and shooting smilies -- quite interesting.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
We all play differently and disagree on many things. There will be no unified metagame for Samus until someone places high at a prestigious tournament. So, yes, in a way, we are all solo bounty hunters.

In other news, Dank has only improved a little. He didn't do so well on his last run-through with me... Your Samus needs to step it up.

Learn to punish his forward roll with retreating d-air/d-smash so he gets out of that bad habit. Lucario's roll is good, but not that good. When he approaches with f-air, retreat with z-air or b-air. He's also picked up interesting new habits on the ledge: read them and punish accordingly. And otherwise, camp with missiles and approach with missiles only when you find it safe to do so.

Basically... what I'm trying to say... is read him like a book because he's still so open and repetitive on what he does. lol

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
:) Thanks for the advice. I'm sure Dank will appreciate it, haha. I've only played him a few times. I'll get more matches in after finals, since they'll be doing smash thursdays. I really wanna get matches recorded, but none of their wiis are hacked :/

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
:) Thanks for the advice. I'm sure Dank will appreciate it, haha. I've only played him a few times. I'll get more matches in after finals, since they'll be doing smash thursdays. I really wanna get matches recorded, but none of their wiis are hacked :/
You should get Dazzle, that way you can record while playing!

But yeah Dank is pretty predictable, also he hardly shields at all, so if you learn the timing of his spot dodges and rolls you can get him pretty easily.

And I never knew Falco and MK are Samus's worst matchups, now you have a john for losing to me. XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, do you guys just not use your Xat anymore? Ive been checking up on it for a couple days now to try and talk to some of you Samus mains about a Project I'm working on.

JOE!

Smash Hero
eh, might as well ask here on the social (if nobody minds)

In regards to a project I am working on, If you were able to "revamp" Samus, what would you change?

What would you keep from her smash self?

Would you change her playstyle?

What would you bring in from her games? (such as Changing beams, perhaps?)

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
eh, might as well ask here on the social (if nobody minds)

In regards to a project I am working on, If you were able to "revamp" Samus, what would you change?

What would you keep from her smash self?

Would you change her playstyle?

What would you bring in from her games? (such as Changing beams, perhaps?)
changing beams, and each one having its own damage and knock back.

aiming the Charge shot.

combining the missile with the charge shot.

speed ball, or the ball boost whatever its called, or the spider ball with bombs that would stick the opponent.

if think of some more i'll let you know

JOE!

Smash Hero
lol, those are all things im actually planning on :p

(specifically, Power-Wave-Ice-Plasma beam via Side Special. Missles moved to Fsmash, with charge effecting amount of missles shot (upto 5)) The beam choice effects how you play essentially, with it not only effecting your Charge Shot, but moves like Fair that use somethign from the gun to attack.

You can walk and jump while shooting/charging, as well as tilt up or down slightly to aim. The time to fully charge is 1/2'ed, but you cannot "store" the shot anymore (may actually create balance issues with her new ranged capabilities I'm giving her). To use a charge combo, press A after building a full charge then just let go (or hold B for the Wavebuster and Flamethrower)

Morph ball actually transforms Samus into a mini-set that you need to do Down B again to switch out of. While in morph ball, you can use Boost Ball (side, n and uspec...think Sonic), place morph ball and power bombs (A and Smash A), and use Spider ball to latch onto edges and enemies (for a time...no stalling under FD)

..thoughts? :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
i want her to be able to KO when more then 2 moves.
...with you mean?

anywho, im planning on her having ko options via gimps (Wave beam, ice beam) or straight up power (power beam moves, Plasma Dtilt) or even morph ball's Power Bomb.

the trick is that they require some effort and setup to counter-act how easily she could damage rack.

oh, and did i mention super missle = ranged falcon punch?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Is this for the PSA type stuff? It must be if you're altering move's dmg, knockback, hitbox, etc. I'm just angry that I don't have HBC on my wii anymore.

Also, I think Xyro meant he wants samus to have more than 2 killing moves.

JOE!

Smash Hero
it's not exactly PSA (yet).

it's the planning phase of the actual character design (doing this for my college, doing the same thing with sonic :p)

but yes, Samus will recieve more kill moves, albeit they are hard to pull off to keep her "weakness" of hard to land KO's. She can and will be able to rak damage like nobody's business tho

Top Bottom