• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I play Sheik. And a sick Sheik at that.

@DS: My personal solution actually is to use Sheik in that MU... because she's my secondary. But if you want to use Samus, it's a winnable MU if they choose not to infinite you.

This is how you play the D3 MU with Samus in a nut shell.
Step 1) Camp your *** off. Alternate between z-airs and missiles. Rather than follos missile cancels with dash attack/grab/u-smash, you should be using sh u-air. Because it hits him. And if you whiff, you don't get grabbed. You deal safe damage this entire time.

Step 2) If he starts getting predictable with falling b-airs or inhales, try pivot grabbing him. From there, u-throw and you can normally deal a good +15% damage in juggling. I'm assuming you'd be good at reading air dodges and baits of course. But only do this if you're confident enough. If you whiff, you just gave away a good 30% free damage from CGs.

Step 3) Eventually, your missiles/juggling will knock him off stage. Take away his jumps with edge-hogging/z-air and missiles. Don't bother trying to spike unless he's close enough to spike immediately from the stage. This gives you a free charge shot hit/f-smash/d-tilt. F-smash is by far your best kill move in this MU. Use d-tilt if you know f-smash won't kill (keeps f-smash fresh, does/has more damage and juggling potential.) The only safe way to land these is to force D3's up+b.

Special Note) If D3 chooses not to infinite you... I'd say ratio is 60-40 his favor. Winnable, but he still ha\s a major advantage. He's certainly killable though. Also know what to do when he does CG you. After the second CG, it'll be too stale for him to land CG all the time. So he will try to chase and predict. If you spot dodge, nothing stops him from dash->shield grab. So alternate between jabbing and spot dodging. Hell, you can roll towards him to avoid the next CG. Just don't make this too predictable: spot dodges and rolls are punished hard by d-smash.

If he's sandbagging you, kick his *** to make him get serious.
Point taken. When I chose Samus, he just said "really?" Yea, he chose/couldn't (?) infinite me, but still CGd me offstage. Yea, I camped, but I didn't uair camp like you said. I just basically SH missiles and zair. Eventually he would powershield everything and be in my face. I'll try the uair tactic next time. I'm guessin you do the marth like tatic - uair towards him, but hold back if you whiff. Kinda like approach retreat. Also, didn't know his CG was escableable when stale - unless I'm incorrectly interpreting your words. I'll try again next time. This kid outplays me in general though.

Spam and get a percent lead and then prceed to ledge stall. DDD has no answer to it.
Haha, I've actually been working on ledge camping. I got stage spike by the same guys lucario though. I tried to back from ledge and uair. He just daired me instead. I don't remember if this was a character you said not to plank. I'll go check the thread after this. Also, it was friendlies so I didn't want to try and time him out. I'll work on that next time I play him. Just for practice.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Lucario will rape you if you aren't careful on the ledge ._.

If you're caught hanging from the ledge with tether, he can just keep dair-ing you until you rise up or fall >_<

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Samus is better than we all thought... just did this neat thing, thought it was a fluke, but i kept happening... OFFSTAGE - FALLING Uair -> zair! it always connects baby! meaning that it's similar to meta's dair.

figured I'd return with something, my comp has been out of commission for a while now guys sorry!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Point taken. When I chose Samus, he just said "really?"
I love when people do that. 'Specially when they either suck with Dedede, or end up losing or getting 3-stocked.
Lucario will rape you if you aren't careful on the ledge ._.

And you can **** Lucario if he isn't careful. :samus2:
If you're caught hanging from the ledge with tether, he can just keep dair-ing you until you rise up or fall >_<
In the event that happens, either fall back/bomb stall, or let go of the tether and Up B back to the stage at the right time. The falling back approach works really good with U-air/N-air. It also helps that Lucario's recovery is only average at best.

@Mr9 - It's just you. Though I've beaten someone in a real tourney by going random and ending up doing Lucario dittos and coming back by 1 stock from +130%. That proves nothing. Srsly.
And I love your avatar. It's both epic and makes me lqtm.

@Cherry - I thought you died :( Glad to know you're alright/back. And si, U-air/Z-air/N-air are mad good for gimping. Exhibit A:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6bYdV0XxeM
G-suit be me. I find on characters without better than decent recovery(Marth, Bowser, Lucario, Zelda, sometimes Diddy, etc. and so on), most of Samus' aerials are great for gimping. I'll be sure to try out U>Z-air more, though. Good find.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
2vs2(low tier) From HOBO 21 this past saturday. I am a beast, *****es. WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAahahhahahahahahah!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258197

1: I want your Zair in my butthole (Xyro and Lee Martin)==Samus+Ike
2: Giant Balls (PX and Espy)==Ganon+Sonic
3: Snakeeeeeee+gnes==Zelda=Ness
4: Sheep and Crow (Beah & Razer)==Mario+Ike
5: UTD Roy (Royr + UTD Zac)==Falcon+Zelda
5: We don't care (Dphat and Light)==Ness+Samus
7: Get rafe (Dojo + Bwett)=Ike/Falcon+Yoshi
7: We don't sleep (Hylian and K Prime)==Ike+Ness
9: Noob Spree (Scrub and Thoughtless)==Zelda+zelda
9: Where's Harvey (Riot and PJ)==Ness+Link
9: Team Manly (Batou and Srs C@)==Falcon+Mario/Zelda
9: Shlike & Broly (Shlike & Broly)==Samus+Ike
13: Narf (alex + wyatt)==Jiggs+Jiggs
13: Zori+Jerm== Jiggs+Link

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
2vs2(low tier) From HOBO 21 this past saturday. I am a beast, *****es. WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAahahhahahahahahah!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258197

1: I want your Zair in my butthole (Xyro and Lee Martin)==Samus+Ike
2: Giant Balls (PX and Espy)==Ganon+Sonic
3: Snakeeeeeee+gnes==Zelda=Ness
4: Sheep and Crow (Beah & Razer)==Mario+Ike
5: UTD Roy (Royr + UTD Zac)==Falcon+Zelda
5: We don't care (Dphat and Light)==Ness+Samus
7: Get rafe (Dojo + Bwett)=Ike/Falcon+Yoshi
7: We don't sleep (Hylian and K Prime)==Ike+Ness
9: Noob Spree (Scrub and Thoughtless)==Zelda+zelda
9: Where's Harvey (Riot and PJ)==Ness+Link
9: Team Manly (Batou and Srs C@)==Falcon+Mario/Zelda
9: Shlike & Broly (Shlike & Broly)==Samus+Ike
13: Narf (alex + wyatt)==Jiggs+Jiggs
13: Zori+Jerm== Jiggs+Link

dude congrats

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
all our chars actually.
Hahaha sorry Izzy, comp took a turn for the worst.
back now don't worry.

xyro will never change hahaha

Xyro77

We should have a samus tier list. Not only will it cause us to argue, it may also cause us to attend more events and prove each other wrong. What do ya say? If you guys agree to it, i can make the thread.

Xyro77

Rhyme on the left(super nice guy)
XYRO THE GREAT in the middle( had to duck down during the pic)
No-idea on the right(hes really really good)

Judo777

Smash Master
Anyone here about that Samus main Clove who showed up at Kakuna in ohio and upset everyone by getting like 13th only placed i think 3 spots behind Lain (keep in mind there are several 9th several 13th and so on)

Anyone here about that Samus main Clove who showed up at Kakuna in ohio and upset everyone by getting like 13th only placed i think 3 spots behind Lain (keep in mind there are several 9th several 13th and so on)
Yeah I heard about it, I missed the stream D:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I love Dsmash's shield push.

Its properties on actual hit suck, but whatev. :dizzy:

gimmicksftw

Oh hey Cherry. Do you still have me on wifi? ZedF?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Possibly yeah.
I love Dsmash as a savior. rarely use it for anything else but to buffer it so I will not get punished

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I space dsmash or punish with it. It hits people up; I get zair pressure or grab pressure or charge. It comes out fast enough. And I have the bad habit of not dtilting, lol.

I space dsmash or punish with it. It hits people up; I get zair pressure or grab pressure or charge. It comes out fast enough. And I have the bad habit of not dtilting, lol.
Im kind of like you, in the sense that I never use dtilt enough. I love to keep it fresh, it makes KOing easier, but I really should just use it early and get some refreshed ones in later in the game D:.

On another point, Xyro, update your **** match up thread, there are so many more matchups I played at my most recent fest that I want to discuss D:

Xyro77

ok ok ok. sorry sorry! ill do it today but you are welcome to talk about any match-up u like in the thread. so go for it.

btw, could you resend me the dk one?

ok ok ok. sorry sorry! ill do it today but you are welcome to talk about any match-up u like in the thread. so go for it.

btw, could you resend me the dk one?
I know I can, but it's just nice to know you still pay attention :3.

Course'.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, doubt you remember this. But Im gonna say it anyway. Remember when I said I was going to a tournament in Tulsa? Well, I did, and guess what place I got with Samus? No.... Not that....

Yeah, I got 3rd. But still, that is with Samus, and my 2nd tournament ever (on Brawl).

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, doubt you remember this. But Im gonna say it anyway. Remember when I said I was going to a tournament in Tulsa? Well, I did, and guess what place I got with Samus? No.... Not that....

Yeah, I got 3rd. But still, that is with Samus, and my 2nd tournament ever (on Brawl).

nice dude the last tourney i entered i tied for 5th i lost to a diddy.

Top Bottom