• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Lost to a Snake, who lost to a MK. I dont recall the MKs gamertag, but the Snake player was called Frotastic I think. Everyone called him Fro, so Im not sure if Im correct on the full name.

By the way, does anyone play SF4? I just picked up that game for my 360. Havent played it since I was maybe 7 years old. I suck is what Im trying to say. If anyone wants to play me on that since my Wii is out of order, let me know.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
By the way, does anyone play SF4? I just picked up that game for my 360. Havent played it since I was maybe 7 years old. I suck is what Im trying to say. If anyone wants to play me on that since my Wii is out of order, let me know.
<You haven't played Street Fighter IV since you were 7? How old are you now?3
i think i may drop samus for.................. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQnpo7TlSYc
Garbage.
You should main ZSS instead of Trashmus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bvNp2Plip0
This is but a taste of what ZSS can do!
This old thing? Peh-phph-tuh. No one should main either one of them.
Seriously. Everyone should main SZamus. She's top tier.

Edit: Also, welcome back Dryn :3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Raigo, I got a 360 if you want to add my gamertag Willzasarus, I play CoD a lot the newest one so if you want in lemme know

Edity: izzy, dryn isn't back is he :S I totally jsut checked, I hate you for getting my hopes up

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Well, Im 21 right now, Im assuming it was about 14 years since SF2 for super nintendo. I havent bothered checking, but I do remember the game didnt have Dash Canceling, Focus Attacks, Super Attacks, and Ultra Attacks. Probably not even Parrying.

@Cherry: Dont have CoD, dont like the 10ft knifing on that game. I do have Halo 3, but Im pretty burnt out on that. The ranking system is terrible. I do play Borderlands on occasion, depends on who is on. Ive also rebought a copy of Soul Calibur 4, so those are a few things you may find me on. Expect a friend request from Wolfgang Alzais.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
I saw a short commercial for that movie today. It's looks pretty sick. I'm wondering what it's about though. I wouldn't wanna see a Transformers knockoff. There's mechs in this movie right?
no not really i mean there are but they're not essential to the movie...

you just gottta see it man, i might not be a ranked brawler, but i am one hell of a movie critic.

so i urge you to see it for two reasons.

one being that its an amazing movie, i mean it has good action, and out standing effects, but the story is truly the jewel of this movie.

two i want to see the sequel. james camron said if this movie does good in theaters he will make the sequel, and this movie is outstanding and does not need a sequel but i would hate this to be another golden compos.

if you want to know more about what i said about this movie go here
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258862

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
guys avatar amazing
Another person thought it was great?
I just had a feeling it was his biased opinion, I may just have to check this out.
I'm in the mood for a great movie anyway.

Oh and I'm picking up Samus for low tier stuff :p so hi Samus boards

I just had a feeling it was his biased opinion, I may just have to check this out.

Hai thar =3

Mr9

Smash Journeyman

sweet dude you will enjoy the movie, and good idea picking up samus. so welcome.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol I think it was a good idea too she seems like a pretty usable character after you figure out how to save moves to KO people. Not to mention she's really fun imo.

I got to get zair down

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
lol I think it was a good idea too she seems like a pretty usable character after you figure out how to save moves to KO people. Not to mention she's really fun imo.

I got to get zair down
thats a good place to start, but make sure you learn how she moves in space, learning her mobility is very important.

I got to get zair down
There are literally no "safe" moves to KO with Samus, all of them have glaring flaws.

She is fun however, thats actually the only reason I main her.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
thats a good place to start, but make sure you learn how she moves in space, learning her mobility is very important.
._. yea she's pretty floaty to me, so when I full hop on mistake it's just odd.
I have a nasty habit of trying to use bair and fairs to space because of my regular mains, xD

There are literally no "safe" moves to KO with Samus, all of them have glaring flaws.

Yea I have a feeling playing samus will help me learn to read my opponents quicker, xD because you have to bait them to pull of a KO it seems.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman

yep same here and isnt that what this game really all about playing with someone that fun, i hate people that switch from a char they love playing with just cuz they are a low tier, and move to a higher tier. take me for instance at one point i played with marth better than i did samus but i just could bring myself to main him, he's just boring.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Marth is awesome. I have fun playing as him a lot

Will probably pick up SSFIV when it comes out. I have BlazBlue and SFIV though..
Also COD MW2. 10 ft knifing is great.
I suck at shooters tho

etc

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I have fun playing as Marth, but can't play him seriously in any game that's not Melee. Still play him because Black/Gold Marth is sexy.

On a side note, I'm gonna start using Bowser more(not switching mains, but then again I don't really stick to one char). He's too good, and I <3 playing as him in any game. Also beat a MK I've lost to in person before with him, so I wanna improve with him.
K screw it. Playing M&L 3 made me realize he's awesome.

Am I the only person who plays Samus because she's my best? ;_;.
And favorite character in games and Brawl.
And because she's secretly mid tier.
And because I just do.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my bro posted a link to me on my AiB account of the results to that tournament I went to. You should check it out, I think I impressed them.

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,2613.msg33882.html#msg33882

And about that 10ft knifing, more like 20 ft. But its alright, you can like it, I just hate playing a game that takes away a good amount of skill involved by adding something that any new player can take advantage of. Its like using DDDs infinite grab on Samus. Any new player can do it to an extent to screw Samus, and only some of the top skilled Samus players can find a way around it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

And because I just do.
i play her cause shes my best and i like her games and in brawl. i do not think shes mid though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol nice burnout that takes serious skill bro especially on two wills

I think Marth is pretty fun too. Which is why I main him.
Samus is just more fun to me.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I think Samus is fun, but she's not my best. I like her ability to fight in the air, instead of being grounded all the time. I liked Super Metriod and I'll probably get the Trilogy pack in the summer. If I get it now, or whenever it comes out, my grades will just plummet, haha. Looking forward to see how the newer Metroid games play. I doubt they are 2d sidescrollers.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
I think Samus is fun, but she's not my best. I like her ability to fight in the air, instead of being grounded all the time. I liked Super Metriod and I'll probably get the Trilogy pack in the summer. If I get it now, or whenever it comes out, my grades will just plummet, haha. Looking forward to see how the newer Metroid games play. I doubt they are 2d sidescrollers.
well the metroid prime series is a FPS
MOM on the other hand looks like a side scroller

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
So. I've been out of commission due to finals...

and now SCARLET FEVER!!!

go figure... will be out of commission for a bit longer...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So. I've been out of commission due to finals...

and now SCARLET FEVER!!!

go figure... will be out of commission for a bit longer...
Whoa sorry to hear about that, hope you get better soon

Any samus player wanting to play on Wi-Fi? <.< it isn't in person but it's pretty much going to be the only way I play against a samus.

And because I just do.[/i][/color]
She is my best, by a LONG shot, but that isn't the only reason I play her sorry D:.

She is my favourite character in brawl, but not any other games, I don't even know anything about the metroid series D:.

I kind of agree

Definatly because you do <3

Top Bottom