• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Help is appreciated!

Though I personally think a few stickies here could be unstickied (namely the Metroid: Other M-thread, perhaps the stage discussion). ^^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've finished the little title graphics, I will start out the index tomorrow, though.

But here you have the title already! Just like every other index I made, it'll be based on the character! :D

Crystanium

Smash Hero
No problem. I apologize for not responding sooner. I was at class, which ended at 11:30 AM.

I will unstick this one, since as Xyro77 said, people will be posting in it anyway, so it's always going to go to the top.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sorry for the double post, but uhm...

I've noticed the lack of a newcomer-friendly guide for Samus. While there are Xyro's and carter's guides, they are more aimed towards people who know Samus already. There's no explanation of how the moves work, how they can be applied, and how you can do basic tactics with Samus, like, say, Edgeguarding, Approaching correctly, etc.

I'd propose that we maybe should start one community-based guide. For reference, you can check out the guides on Pikachu or the ICs, I'm thinking of something comparable to that.

Edit: Also... we're lacking a tournament results and a player directory? :O

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The directory is kinda dumb. Why can we just ask eash other where we are? or why cant we just put our FC in our profile?

Results dont really matter because only like 3 of us go to offline events.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Sad truth, rap made me lol.

I've started using samus' standing super missile more as a mindgame, and holy hell it is magical. using that as a mixup or as a camping tool is greatly effective IMO.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The directory is kinda dumb. Why can we just ask eash other where we are? or why cant we just put our FC in our profile?
Moo. Fine. :p

Results dont really matter because only like 3 of us go to offline events.
And those 3 usually don't really place THAT high cause Samus sucks, aight?

But okay, I'm just a lil surprised cause all other boards I'm in have them.

Xyro77

If its THAT important can u combine both of them? Oh and are u gonna allow people to sign up on the samus finder if they 3rd, 8th, 14th, 25th, 30th samus? Cause if thats the case, we will have like 90 something pages full of randoms who use samus once a month or something.

IMO you should only be allowed on the list if u MAIN or 2nd samus. Cause why would some one wanna hunt down a guy that uses samus only after 3/4ths of his chars get *****.

ya know?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If its THAT important can u combine both of them? Oh and are u gonna allow people to sign up on the samus finder if they 3rd, 8th, 14th, 25th, 30th samus? Cause if thats the case, we will have like 90 something pages full of randoms who use samus once a month or something.

IMO you should only be allowed on the list if u MAIN or 2nd samus. Cause why would some one wanna hunt down a guy that uses samus only after 3/4ths of his chars get *****.

ya know?
I didn't say it was THAT important. I was just surprised, lol. :p
And yea, the Bowser and Fox boards have those 2 things combined.

As for the latter, IF I were to make a thing like that, I would at least include people who place with her or people who are regulars here around the boards. :V

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
^ Get out of my school library. It plays that song every day.

My mouse broke yesterday for the 53rd time, so I finally got a new one that works perfectly. I'm sadface because I broke my promise of never leaving for more than 1 and 1/2 days now, though :<

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
^ Get out of my school library. It plays that song every day.

My mouse broke yesterday for the 53rd time, so I finally got a new one that works perfectly. I'm sadface because I broke my promise of never leaving for more than 1 and 1/2 days now, though :<
LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! D:

jk, I've been gone for like 2 and 1/2 days now =/

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Is it just me, or is Samus' pummel extremely glitchy? Not just the fact that it can't hurt Bowser when he's on solid ground, mind you. There are other characters that it seems to act weirdly on. For example, on Mario if you do the pummels really fast, only 3 or 4 out of every 5 connect, and on Kirby the first pummel never connects, yet all of the rest do.

Seriously, WTF is up with that? They really should've play-tested this game a bit more.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I never played it in multiplayer, heh.

Also, @ Ismar:
Ibuki is friggin ace. I played Dudley tho.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I use Samus in Brawl, yes.

And I haven't set up WiFi on my DS, aside from the fact I haven't played MP: Hunters in like what... 2 years? I forgot the controls. lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Guys (and girls?), I'm in on your secret.

Samus is legit in Brawl.

As a result, I intend to make it known to the world. =P

This character is so underrated. And to my dismay, TonyGuacamole's Samus counters me.

And seriously, look at BBrawl. Buff Samus's KO power in the right places, and she's clearly a top tier threat.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Yo, Hive does accounting? Haha

Well, if you're reading this Hive, good luck to you. Who knows, perhaps you may be able to balance life and competitive brawl (I think it's possible, but people tell me otherwise.) Do tell me what firm ends up hiring you (you're on the west coast I think...) and perhaps we can make connections. I'm a Finance/Accounting double major and will be graduating soon (unless I take on a third major, which I'm highly considering English.)

But yeah, never got to meet you, but best of luck.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Crap. My roommate updated my Wii to 4.2. I lost the homebrew channel and the infinite replay hack with it.

;_;

Xyro77

The new update(4.2), from our buddies at Nintendo, decides to BRICK(makes wii's 100% useless) your wii and it has even been confirmed in MANY MANY cases to brick wii's that are PERFECTLY FINE and not hacked in any way. Nintendo is gonna be in some DEEP poo over this.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/09/...2-Tries-and-Fails-To-Block-Homebrew?art_pos=8

If you have already got the update and your wii is bricked even though you have NO HACKS/HOMEBREW CHANNEL in your wii go here and call this number: http://kotaku.com/5372065/wii-update-42-is-killing-wiis-dead

If you ALREADY have homebrew/hacks and you wan to update but update SAFELY, then read below
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250554

NONE OF THE SITE I POSTED show you EXACTLY how to hack or get hombrew. This is also NOT advertisement. This is legit stuff that can BRICK YOU WII. Please rea and pass on. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
thank you xyro, I've been telling people about this too. stupid ninendo doing stupid stuff again, I hope they get lawsuits or something big for screwing up peoples wii's.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
thank you xyro, I've been telling people about this too. stupid ninendo doing stupid stuff again, I hope they get lawsuits or something big for screwing up peoples wii's.
And what about the people hacking their Wiis, even though I'm pretty sure Nintendo said not to do that? I guess I'm the only one not pointing fingers at Nintendo.

And why do you hope for a lawsuit? Man, people are unrelenting around here.

Top Bottom