• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It happens to most people at least every once in a while. I've been training/playing more as ZSS because of doubles with a friend of mine recently, and been busy with RL and completing Trilogy. Neglecting Samus did the same thing to me. Good job regardless, and I still think you should cheer up a bit.

@Xyro - I would be a worse mod. I have 2 sites besides this one and AiB backing that up.

It's partially Melee's fault. I wasn't used to air-dodging, since in Melee, you only get one air-dodge, and I was expecting to pause in the air for a moment. I also had to learn to use the C-stick again, because that isn't too useful in Melee if you want to land smash attacks.

It would be a real shame to see Ismar go over to ZSS ;.;, your Samus is awesome.

Sorry I missed out on contributing for Battlefield No-IDea, I have not been on the computer much, I do happen to know a bit about FD, so I'll be sure to drop in.

Dryn we're all here to learn from eachother, you shouldn't feel so bad, like others said, we ALL have bad phases/days, don't give up on brawl, then when you can get some brawl time in, don't give up on Samus then...... You see where im going with this.......right?

Quick Note: TL's new AT cannot OHKO us <3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
People with too many infractions cannot become moderators anyway.
L.O.L.

TL doens't need \it to do good anyway, just needs to camp on a medium range stage and we are like roya-F'ed.

guys calm down, IsmaR prolly didn't put Her on the Broiler but he just uses Zamus a bit more now

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
TL doens't need \it to do good anyway, just needs to camp on a medium range stage and we are like roya-F'ed.
Lies. I can run circles around Tink's camp game. His z-air->n-air/f-air is what I hate.

Otherwise, it's not a bad match-up. Z-air->aerial is his main kill set-up. Hyphen smashing doesn't work as well if you're cautious. The rest of his smashes can be SDI'ed.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
lol

Ismar, you said your into ZS these days. Did u put samus on the back burner?

I did not. I haven't played Power Suit for a while, 'bout a week or so to be exact. Like I said, I've been exclusively playing with Zero Suit to get as good as I used to be with her(rivaled my Power Suit in terms of my best character). I started the Doubles Ladder on AiB with a friend, and we learned that my Samus =/= stock tank. I suggested "What if I used ZSS?," and sure enough, I SD'd less, we synced better, and we've only lost one match since.(</3 RC)

tl;dr - No, and in fact, I decided to exclusively train with Samus now.

guys calm down, IsmaR prolly didn't put Her on the Broiler but he just uses Zamus a bit more now
Read tl;dr above. Zero for teams(which we haven't had time to do recently), Power 4 life.
Ive also got a question for Ismar. Why change your avatar so much? I cant even tell what it is this time. Is it the behind of something?
Never really thought about it, it's just been a habit of mine since I got used to the custom avi thing. And lolno. Close, though.
It's partially Melee's fault. I wasn't used to air-dodging, since in Melee, you only get one air-dodge, and I was expecting to pause in the air for a moment. I also had to learn to use the C-stick again, because that isn't too useful in Melee if you want to land smash attacks.
I was never able to relearn Melee after I got into Brawl. Sucks too, because I was just getting above-decent with Falcon, and my state is mostly pro-Melee.
It would be a real shame to see Ismar go over to ZSS ;.;, your Samus is awesome.
D'aww <3

For the record, I never really stick to one main. I use all of the cast/random for fun, about 3/4 of it decently, around 10 or so good, 5 really good, and 1-2 I consider my best. Samus is usually that best. I can't do as good with anyone else, regardless of tier/ossimness/all around compatibility of character. I do have my moments, to say the least.

D'aww <3

For the record, I never really stick to one main. I use all of the cast/random for fun, about 3/4 of it decently, around 10 or so good, 5 really good, and 1-2 I consider my best. Samus is usually that best. I can't do as good with anyone else, regardless of tier/ossimness/all around compatibility of character. I do have my moments, to say the least.
:3333.

Well thanks for letting us know. Sooooo ummmmm that Samus metagame.........

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just letting you guys know something, in May of next year(8 months) i will be getting married to my GF of 3.5(by that time it will be 4) years. I will be 22 by then and she will be 23 and we will be MEGA close to finishing our college and become REAL PEOPLE. Obviously the smash will come to a crawl or stop.

I say this because i will not be able to produce vids/info/spam/whatever you need to help you become better(if you even pay attention to my stuff at all). So in the next few months i will be pumpin out some vids and articles that reflect MY experiences thus far(then i will pretty much quit this game). You can watch/read them and take them as what you want but i feel the future of samus will not be discovered by ME/Tudor/Rohins. I personally believe that we(rohins/tudor/xyro) are here to lay the ground work and put out the tools for you guys(the future) to come along, take over and push samus to the next level. It can be done(i see it and some of you do too) because there are lots of things we just dont really touch on currently. Things like bombs, advanced buffering and other stuff i may not even know of.

So long story short, i wont be around to see what happens to samus which means the future is in YOUR hands. I ask ALL of you to NOT do what i did(insults upcoming samus mains) but instead encourage them and help them as much as possible whenever possible. SHARE all secrets you know and teach fellow samus mains. Im not trying to sound like a Dad or anything, i just want my fav character and my fav community to KICK ***!

PS: im hungry.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Lol Xyro, we need all the help we can get. Good read BTW about history of HOBO. It only took me an hour and a half, lol. Seriously, its hard to keep me reading like that.

I am truly sad I wasnt able to be a part of the whole HOBO scene when I was living in Houston. Im more sad that you are not going to be doing it in the not so far future...

As Ive posted before, Ill be back in Oklahoma in about a week, and when money is better Id plan to participate in a good tourney. Well, hope thats soon.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sucks Rai. I wish the best for you and your moving/future.

So I finally played again today. My Samus is beyond rusted. I get wrecked by Ikes now. I somewhat got it together by the end, but I'll need a lot of playing and work to fix this ***** back up. I won't give up.

Xyro77

Lol Xyro, we need all the help we can get. Good read BTW about history of HOBO. It only took me an hour and a half, lol. Seriously, its hard to keep me reading like that.

I am truly sad I wasnt able to be a part of the whole HOBO scene when I was living in Houston. Im more sad that you are not going to be doing it in the not so far future...

As Ive posted before, Ill be back in Oklahoma in about a week, and when money is better Id plan to participate in a good tourney. Well, hope thats soon.
WOW you read the History of Houston, man im impressed. THANK YOU!!!!!!

btw, you wanted to play right? when are u free?

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Yup, got your message Xyro. I eagerly look forward to some matches. If tonights not good, Im free tomorrow as well. Sunday after 6 pm your time is fine, as well as Monday anytime before or after NOID and I have a few matches.

Now that I think about it, Saturday before 5 pm your time is good too.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Humm, Haha that's what's been in my mind a lot lately now too, College and marriage. Well congrats my man :D happy for ya, enjoy the new life, and just to break some sort of record, try actually working for somthing that your degree was meant to be for.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Hah! I'm sure you could juggle smash in somewhere. If you've been balancing your girlfriend and Smash, I can't see why a job (which essentially takes as much time as college does) would ruin it. Unless you claim you want to "grow up." Or have kids... at 22. Then, yes, all for it.

EDIT: Also, I'm back in my room and up for wi-fi friendlies with anyone. I'm bored and could use some laughs.

Xyro77

Raigoth, my boy! We did like 20 or 30 dittos and i can tell your pretty good. Its just its wifi and it held us back. I had lots of fun and good job on that last one, i couldnt land!!!!!

No idea, well the prob lies with Amanda(my gf/fiance) because she has ALWAYS hated games/nintendo/whatever.....so being able to go to tournaments and stuff on weekends is easy when u are tied together but once you are linked, i have a feelin it will be hell tryin to escape for a weekend. IF im able to, ill sure as hell go for it.

Finishing college and getting a good job is top priority though. ya dig?

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Its that stinkin defense switch, I cant adjust that fast Xyro, youre too fast for me!

Great matches, if only I could have shown you in person why people hate facing me so much. Power shielding, SDI, DI, momentum canceling, all become less possible on wifi.

I dont blame wifi for my loss though, you are honestly better than I. But, IRL I think it would be more interesting. Maybe you would cry, "why wont you die?!"

Anyway, eagerly look forward to more, as I said, connection was unexpectedly great.

Edit: Ill play more with you NOID if youre willing. Ill linger around in wifi lobby.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You and me both, IsmaR. For some strange reason, I cannot seem to land my attacks in time. When I think my attacks are going to hit, they are power shielded, and I end up getting punished. Ugh.

Xyro77

NoIdea, you play much smarter than most samus player on wifi, im impressed. I had a blast and i wanna play some more another day(its 1:15am here). But yea you are good and i enjoyed our dittos, i hate yoshi story though. Thank you for playing me.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I had some good friendlies tonight with RaigothDagon and Xyro. Serious business.

@Xyro: I don't think I won one match. How the hell are you so good at wi-fi? It makes me scared if my power level will jump as high as yours will once the weights are taken off at Crank That Kosha. Overall very impressed and would love to do it again (yes, I hate Yoshi's Story too, but it is a neutral =/) Thanks for the matches XD

@Raigoth: Definitely one of the few Samus mains that manages to pull off bombs in their strategy. It was interesting to see your style change too... after your friendlies with Xyro, you tended to use u-tilt more... although that subsided after a few rounds with me again. I also got used to the input lag (after like 30 matches, god I'm slow) and the matches tended to get a little more even. Still though, good skills you got there. In fact, even when I won, I don't think there was a match where I did more damage than you. lol

ggs

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Lol, its so funny. When I start getting serious in a match, I pull off lots of strings, and I get a person in a completely defensive position. But then, I unexpectedly die at close to nothing percents simply cause the controller is dumbstruck by my sheer awesomeness.

Haha, but I honestly have to keep from getting serious or else I start stocking myself pretty much. Im much too nervous of a person to get serious in a match anyway. I more start doing extremely risky things that dont pay off well if they fail because of this.

Xyro77

I had some good friendlies tonight with RaigothDagon and Xyro. Serious business.

@Xyro: I don't think I won one match. How the hell are you so good at wi-fi? It makes me scared if my power level will jump as high as yours will once the weights are taken off at Crank That Kosha. Overall very impressed and would love to do it again (yes, I hate Yoshi's Story too, but it is a neutral =/) Thanks for the matches XD
I think its just because i like samus vs samus match-up. I know what tech you have and what situations you want to set up because i use the same character. All thats left is our mind. Whoever out smarts each other te most tends to win. You did some smart things i dont even do in my matches so i may need to take a little of it and apply it in my matches. Kosha boy will be good, i hope to see ya there.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
lol, well I'm at home now and left my wii at the dorm. I won't be able to play until Monday. I do believe Xyro and Raigoth are going to do some matches tomorrow. Try to fit yourself between them =P

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I didnt neccessarily make plans with Xyro for today, but Im more than happy to play anyone before 5 pm my time.

Just be sure to send a PM or VM to me to set it up.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So, I've been maining Samus for a long time already... aaaand I decided to stop by this thread and say hello to you guys.
Repping Samus in LT in Austria/Europe, yay.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Gravity Suit is just the best suit in the games. It's always been the last suit you get (at least in the old 2D games). So of course Gravity Suit Samus > regular Samus. It's just logic.

And Xyro, I'll come to some American tournament eventually. It's just very hard for me to go to the US. XD

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Yeah. But you know, Dark Suit technically is the best possible suit provided in Brawl.

Logically speaking: Dark Suit > Gravity suit > Varia suit > Fusion suit > Regular suit

And there is no pink suit in the Metroid series. =/

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The very first Gravity Suit in the NES game was pink.

And I never really played the Prime series, only the first game. ^^
And Gravity Suit still > Dark Suit, cause purple definitely > poop brown.

The only color that hasn't been in the games is the green suit Xyro is playing.

Xyro77

Since we are stating some trivia, heres some.

What is "METROID" spelled backwards?

XYRO'S SAMUS: THE GREEN LESBIAN!!!!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Lies. In Super Metroid, you started out with a green suit. Thus, Green = Regular.

i would look up an image, but too lazy

And Dark Suit is pimping. Don't hate because I can survive the darkness and you can survive... water.

And fine, would that mean pink=purple? Thus, it's

Dark Brown>Purple=Pink>Orange>Blue>Green?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lies. In Super Metroid, you started out with a green suit. Thus, Green = Regular.
It's yellow. True, it has some green influence, but I think that's more because of the game generally being heavily green, lol. Maybe they made it so you can easily differentiate it from the Varia Suit, I dunno.

And Dark Suit is pimping. Don't hate because I can survive the darkness and you can survive... water.
I can survive water, lava and acid, son.

And fine, would that mean pink=purple? Thus, it's

Dark Brown>Purple=Pink>Orange>Blue>Green?
If you count green as regular, yes.
It's a shame they didn't take in the real original yellow suit. D:

Top Bottom