• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
nawh your not. you may not know much bout samus meta game anymore ( that's a total lie, she really hasn't changed much) but that doesn't mean you don't have to not post in the general chat, join in the community ;)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
nawh your not. you may not know much bout samus meta game anymore ( that's a total lie, she really hasn't changed much) but that doesn't mean you don't have to not post in the general chat, join in the community ;)
Nah. I'm a joke. I main a sucky character. My opinions are invalid, because I've never played offline in tournaments. The only person I have played against offline is my brother. I'm a scrub, because I have never played anyone offline. I shouldn't be here.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Muse - The Resistance. Full preview is up in various places on the internet. I must say I love this album too!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Nah. I'm a joke. I main a sucky character. My opinions are invalid, because I've never played offline in tournaments. The only person I have played against offline is my brother. I'm a scrub, because I have never played anyone offline. I shouldn't be here.
HAHAHA. yeah right, since when does anyone listen to Xyro other than samus related stuffz? scrub most peeps on wi-fi may be my friend, ****ty char she may be my friend, means nothing round these parts though as we all main her :p

@ DelxDoom: haven't heard any new Muse stuff yet but itching for it, what's it like? the old school (more punkish) or the new stuff (catchy upbeat stuff)

Uffe

Smash Hero
That had nothing to do with Xyro. Some dude named TeeVee started talking **** on my brother. Sorry to say it, but going to a tournament does not give you more knowledge about a game than what's already known here.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Weird, really weird. Why would Dryn care what a random scrub's oppinon is? :( whadda D bag, totally ruined our BA moderater :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sorry to say it, but going to a tournament does not give you more knowledge about a game than what's already known here.
uffe, yes it does. offline tournaments teach you more than you EVER could learn online.

Uffe

Smash Hero
uffe, yes it does. offline tournaments teach you more than you EVER could learn online.
You missed my point. You and I know how to play this game. You and I know about techniques, match ups, how to DI, SDI, so on and so forth. Just because you go to a tournament doesn't mean you're going to learn more things about the game that isn't already known on this message board. If that were the case, wifi players wouldn't be doing as good as they did at tournaments. I'm talking about people who have never attended a tournament and did very well on wifi and eventually later one went to a tournament or two and did good. And there are a couple of names I could drop. I'm in no way saying that wifi proves anything, I'm just saying that it can help. Playing offline tournaments may make you a better player, but that's about it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Like what?

And I guess it all still stands. So I won't be offering any of my insight to any of you guys. If someone wishes to work on the stage thread, since I'm not, contact me. I'll see what I can do.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Live tournaments give you experience for live tournaments you really can't get anywhere else

that's all

and it can mean a lot though

Xyro77

You missed my point. You and I know how to play this game. You and I know about techniques, match ups, how to DI, SDI, so on and so forth. Just because you go to a tournament doesn't mean you're going to learn more things about the game that isn't already known on this message board. If that were the case, wifi players wouldn't be doing as good as they did at tournaments. I'm talking about people who have never attended a tournament and did very well on wifi and eventually later one went to a tournament or two and did good. And there are a couple of names I could drop. I'm in no way saying that wifi proves anything, I'm just saying that it can help. Playing offline tournaments may make you a better player, but that's about it.
Like what?

And I guess it all still stands. So I won't be offering any of my insight to any of you guys. If someone wishes to work on the stage thread, since I'm not, contact me. I'll see what I can do.

Please dont drop names because it will only prove my point. Of the THOUSANDS of players who ONLY do wifi then head to an offline tourney and do AMAZING, you can only name drop about 5-10 at most. Thats what you call exceptions to the rule.

To be honest, you dont know matchups throw wifi. You may THINK you do but you dont. Wolf/ike and several others do AMAZING online but a horrible offline. Thats what you call a COMPLETE style change due to wifi or a complete abuser of the lag/button input lag. So if all you know is wifi wolf/ike on wifi.....you dont know the REAL wolf/ike offline. This type of thing can be aid for MANY character and even MORE for players(there are lots of players that **** on wifi but are horrible oflfine). I lost to this guy named YOSH on wifi cause the way he played i had no answer to but OFFLINE i MMed him and 2-0ed his ***. See the difference in just MY example? Another example: Dryn and uffe, you guys have both played me. You see how i play. Its boring and spammy right? Offline i can seriously say i can 2-3 stock you guys on any given stage. Thats not an insult to YOU or your character, its the fact that wifi holds me(and many many players)back SOOOOOO much. The point of the 2 examples is, you may be good online but online you just cant experience SPLIT second decisions/buffers and stuff. Offline is the ONLY way to fully USE your characters potential. Im sure ALL of the samus mains that have played offline and online can back me up on like 99% of this.

However, NONE of this will be known unless you attend an offline event. Sure you can read the same articles/guides and watch the same vids i do but what separates us is that XYRO(or insert any player name) actually puts it to use and learns from it. Wifi u cant, you just flat out cant.

I understand why you disagree, its because you havnt experienced MULTIPLE offline events. You guys both live in cali right? One of the BEST states to be in for smash right now. I BEG YOU to save up(sell ****/get jobs/whatever) and attend at least ONE event. SPEND ALL DAY playing many many many people at that event. Your eyes will open.

PS: this post was not mean to hurt your feelings in anyway. I love both of you and it makes me feel bad when all you guys do is play wifi and waste your skills(cause i KNOW you two are good).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I have the money Xyro. I don't have a ride. My Wii doesn't read discs. That's six months without playing Brawl, so there's no point going to a tournament now and getting last place. Also, you two-stocked me on Wi-Fi before, Xyro.

TeeVee was right. I'm a joke. I suck, and I play a crap character. My opinions do not mean anything, although it's ironic that he would respond to what I said, if my opinions don't mean anything. I guess I shouldn't waste my time getting my Wii fixed. I mean, I haven't bothered with it, so why bother now? I'll just be like the few administrators here who are administrators of a message board that revolves around this one game, and yet doesn't play it.

If anyone wants to take over the stage thread, just ask. I still have all the information that Xyro posted in the first page.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn, let me be the samus mod, please.
I never said I wasn't going to continue being a moderator, hence, "I'll just be like the few administrators here who are administrators of a message board that revolves around this one game, and yet doesn't play it." Just because I'm not playing Brawl, doesn't mean I'm not ever going to see how things are doing on SWF.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Do not give up the mod role to Xyro. Please don't. Dear god. Xyro with MOD powers. It's just too scary to imagine all the stupid possibilities that can occur.

I'll take over the Stage Discussion thread if you really wish to give it up. And don't give that to Xyro either. lol

He may have started it, but he has enough on his hands (HOBO, etc.), plus the match-up thread that still needs updating. No need to burden him with more. He must be out of his mind if he ends up requesting that.

And your insight is valuable no matter what anyone says. Right or wrong, there is always something to learn from another person's perspective. Only the blind and ignorant can attempt to disprove this fact.

Xyro77

The match-up thread will be updated when people write the articles in the way i requested on day one.

Dryn, just try and be more active. We value your posts.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'll take over the Stage Discussion thread if you really wish to give it up. And don't give that to Xyro either. lol
You do not have any old threads. Without any threads older than this, I cannot combine them together. The only other option would be to create an entirely new thread, something that I tried to avoid, since the stage thread has several pages already.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Alright. In a sec.

EDIT: Done. Let's see what the all-might Dryn can do XD.

EDIT: The Map Station is under new management. Expect the thread to be up tomorrow. Format will be the same. Layout of information for each stage, however, I plan to change. Look forward to it!

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
HOLY CHRIST @ CONVO.
If xyro got mod powers he'd be on our ***** in no time, anytime ANYONE posted in this thread rather than a useful thread it'd be an infraction. he's all about advancing samus' metagame so if it's not useful it'd be considered spam,

Offtopic: anyone play the game that's ALL about camping but appraoching wins ALL the time that is not named brawl but The Conduit? it's like halo for wii. literly the exact same game.

stop being so analytical btw Dryn, and if your our mod at least join the community and chat in here a bit. and if anyone tells you off, tell them you don't play you just mod. Keep us on topic in here by starting topics that are about samus?

Icyo

Smash Ace
HOLY CHRIST @ CONVO.
If xyro got mod powers he'd be on our ***** in no time, anytime ANYONE posted in this thread rather than a useful thread it'd be an infraction. he's all about advancing samus' metagame so if it's not useful it'd be considered spam,

Offtopic: anyone play the game that's ALL about camping but appraoching wins ALL the time that is not named brawl but The Conduit? it's like halo for wii. literly the exact same game.

stop being so analytical btw Dryn, and if your our mod at least join the community and chat in here a bit. and if anyone tells you off, tell them you don't play you just mod. Keep us on topic in here by starting topics that are about samus?
Yes! I wasted money on it too. Such a frustrating game.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Map Station v3.0 is up! Whoo!

We will BRIEFLY go over what is already discussed before moving on to the new stages. I encourage all Samus mains to provide input while I go back and retrieve the old knowledge.

Sticky please?

Metatitan

Smash Master
I have the money Xyro. I don't have a ride. My Wii doesn't read discs. That's six months without playing Brawl, so there's no point going to a tournament now and getting last place. Also, you two-stocked me on Wi-Fi before, Xyro.

TeeVee was right. I'm a joke. I suck, and I play a crap character. My opinions do not mean anything, although it's ironic that he would respond to what I said, if my opinions don't mean anything. I guess I shouldn't waste my time getting my Wii fixed. I mean, I haven't bothered with it, so why bother now? I'll just be like the few administrators here who are administrators of a message board that revolves around this one game, and yet doesn't play it.

If anyone wants to take over the stage thread, just ask. I still have all the information that Xyro posted in the first page.
Wow this has to be one of the most emo posts ever. First off, why do you care that you haven't played in six months? How about trying to improve by going to an offline event? Look for people who live nearby for rides. And if you have your heart set on never playing again, why mod a board that has nothing to do with you (since you wouldnt play anymore)?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
First off, why do you care that you haven't played in six months?
[...]there's no point going to a tournament now and getting last place.
How about trying to improve by going to an offline event?
[...]I don't have a ride.
Look for people who live nearby for rides.
Sure, Metatitan. Would you like for me to walk to every single house and knock on the door and ask everyone if they play Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

And if you have your heart set on never playing again, why mod a board that has nothing to do with you (since you wouldnt play anymore)?
I'll just be like the few administrators here who are administrators of a message board that revolves around this one game, and yet doesn't play it.
Another thing you should know is that you don't have to play a game in order to be a moderator. It's like saying that if I owned a PS3 and not a Wii, I couldn't be a moderator of a Nintendo message board. Or if I was at a Zelda message board, I couldn't be a moderator, simply because I'm not a fan of Zelda. I sometimes wonder if you even read my post. A lot of you seem to want to take my place. What else is new?

Edit: After my performance tonight with Samus, I feel that I need some work. My friend bought a Wii yesterday with Brawl, and today we went to complete SSE. After that, we did singles. My brother defeated my friend, I defeated my brother, even though this match was very close. He had two stocks left, and I was on my last one. When I got rid of his second stock, I was at very high percent. I ended up winning. But still, I felt I was playing sloppy. I was getting hit by attacks I should not have been getting hit by. Oh well.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
But still, I felt I was playing sloppy. I was getting hit by attacks I should not have been getting hit by. Oh well.
It happens to most people at least every once in a while. I've been training/playing more as ZSS because of doubles with a friend of mine recently, and been busy with RL and completing Trilogy. Neglecting Samus did the same thing to me. Good job regardless, and I still think you should cheer up a bit.

@Xyro - I would be a worse mod. I have 2 sites besides this one and AiB backing that up.

Xyro77

Ismar, you said your into ZS these days. Did u put samus on the back burner?

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Ive also got a question for Ismar. Why change your avatar so much? I cant even tell what it is this time. Is it the behind of something?

Top Bottom