• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Hive

Smash Lord
actually I'm not sure if the exact percentage had been posted before ^^ ty for the info.

It IS pretty annoying when it hits one of snake's mines and just stops lol, although most people will not try to counter it with attacks.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
actually I'm not sure if the exact percentage had been posted before ^^ ty for the info.

It IS pretty annoying when it hits one of snake's mines and just stops lol, although most people will not try to counter it with attacks.
Yeah, well, just saying, keep in mind a situation like this: firing charge shot at a G&W that spams charged Smashes is a bad idea.

And of course, MK's Smashes can be ignored since they never clank.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Why do you people play samus? After a year of brawl, id assume you realize the obvious limitations she has.
I mained Olimar for the first four or more months that Brawl was out. Reason being that he was the only one of my top five most desired newcomers that made the game (can you guess who my number 1 was? Lol).

Once the Melee had worn off me (Samus was my Melee main), I tried using her in Brawl. Two things were immediately apparent. First, her style is even more unique than in Melee. Second, she was among my worst Brawl characters. -_- I fought a long, uphill battle to learn her style.

Samus has one terrible option for everything the opponent does. So, more or less, you're guaranteed minimal damage every time the opponent moves a muscle. That works out great for a pressure game, and it works even better when you combine a pressure game with hit-and-run tactics.

I've always been a fan of characters who I can use to intimidate, and force a stupid reaction out of, my opponent. Olimar, Samus, Kirby and, just recently, Snake, are my favorite characters for that reason.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey, just saying, I'm of the opinion that if Smash were true to Nintendo, characters like Samus and Link would be top tier because they are that badass.

Doesn't stop me from hating Samus when I have to play against her lol. ****ing air dodge -> Z-air is pretty gay.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Have I ever played you at a tourney??? ^

I'm the pink Samus with the z-air tag.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Link IS top tier. I once lost to him with Metaknight at Norfair. I was comboing the **** out of him and was finishing it with a shuttle loop (we were same stock, but I was at 12% and he was high %). He was at the very top of Norfair by the end of the combo. He Dair'd. It hit me. I died.

12%.. D:

Hive

Smash Lord
Hey, just saying, I'm of the opinion that if Smash were true to Nintendo, characters like Samus and Link would be top tier because they are that badass.

Doesn't stop me from hating Samus when I have to play against her lol. ****ing air dodge -> Z-air is pretty gay.
lolol too bad badass just doesn't cut it anymore ;) look at poor ganon, he even had a sparta kick...

~~~~~~~~~*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Have I ever played you at a tourney??? ^

I'm the pink Samus with the z-air tag.
Nope. I haven't played a single Samus in my area except for TonyGuacamole (we're both at UCSB).

And...I'm going to bet you haven't played against a Mario/G&W that only goes by standard colors. Tag is A2Z.

Mentioning colors, I sometimes feel like going standard colors is uncommon in tournament...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus MAINS!!!!!

Would you help me out for a second?

I am collecting low tier tournament results(1vs1/2vs2) and will be making Power ranking out of it. If any of you KNOW of a low tier tournament or event, would you please PM me the link? Also, if you know WHO use what character, could you let me know in the PM? Thanks.

Hive

Smash Lord
wow, cute picture! I wish norcal had more low tier tourneys, but a lot of the players here get pretty emotional when it comes to subbing it in for doubles lol ^^

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyone else find Xyro's new avatar... frightening? lol
I like it, but it reminds me of my old friend Mic.

And I like how Samus looks in that pic for some reason. Dunno why.

And finally, my state is 90% pro-Melee, and I can't travel during the school year.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
should we PM them to you? I know of one that I would have gone too but my ride crashed his car 2 days prior :\

Xyro77

cherry, plz PM them to me. remember, i need the link to the results if you can please. also, please put the characters next to the player names, plz.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Meta Knight is my best right now because he was my main from the beginning. I haven't used Samus much compared to him but I'm hoping to surpass my Meta Knight with Samus. I need to be a Samus main again lol.
/single tear falls from right eye

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
nah I think cherry means that we can play as mk or marth since we've got samustype spacing

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Definitely about MK. Marth, lately I've been getting better and better at the match-up. Like... close to winning. I'm slowly turning towards like 60-40 Marth's favor right now. (I used to believe 70-30 at the beginning.)

I mean, I guess I've just gotten better defending Marth's approaches. Once Marth resorts to OoS dancing blade and dolphin slash, things get messy and I have to pull in a grab or resort to camping (which Marth does really well to get through...) but I could see Samus having a good chance at winning.

In other news, any of you look at Balanced Brawl yet? It's fun ^^.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
A2ZOMG and I have talked a lot about BBrawl, but he's actually tested it out much more extensively than I have. He expects Mario and Samus to be a couple of the really low characters that will shoot up to top/high tier.

A
lso... bombs do 13%? Wtf?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It's like... bombs are actually worth trading off hits. lol

For those too lazy but have a smudge of curiosity, these were the changes made:

Dash attack knockback (80/30) -> (90/30)
Forward tilt angled straight knockback (100/10) -> (30/55), angle (-) -> (25)
Forward tilt angled up/down damage (10%) -> (11%), knockback (100/10) -> (27/50), angle (-) -> (25)
Forward tilt sourspot knockback (100/10) -> (29/55), angle (-) -> (25)
Down tilt knockback (60/80) -> (67/80)
Forward smash angled straight knockback (100/20) -> (105/20)
Forward smash angled down knockback (100/20) -> (105/45)
Down smash first hit knockback (50/90) -> (50/95), angle (70) -> (60)
Down smash second hit knockback (40/80) -> (45/90)
Down aerial knockback (100/2) -> (100/10)
Pummel hitbox 1.25x bigger (can hit Bowser)
Forward throw knockback (55/60) -> (55/75), angle (42) -> (30)
Back throw knockback (55/60) -> (55/75)
Up throw knockback (70/80) -> (00/95)
Down throw knockback -> (50/80) -> (00/95)
Charge Shot levels damage (3, 5, 8, 11, 14, 18, 21, or 25%) -> (3, 6, 9, 12, 16, 20, 23, or 28%)
Charge Shot level 7 knockback (60/32) -> (70/35)
Charge Shot level 8 angle (40) -> (35)
Homing Missile damage (5%) -> (8%)
Super Missile knockback (65/40) -> (90/30)
Bomb damage (5% or 9%) -> (7% or 13%)
Personally, I'm iffy over her u-throw and the fact that her f-smash angled down needs to be nerfed a bit (it hits hard and ensures the kill on most characters (either because they're light or their recovery sucks or isn't good enough to avoid being gimped.))

But, she just feels more powerful in your hands than ever. Like... upgrading to the Phazon Suit in MP1. ^^

I encourage people to try it out for giggles.

EDIT: LOL. POUND 4 GRAND FINALS BABY!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Wi-fi friendlies anyone?

EDIT: GL to Xyro and any other Samus mains attending

EDIT: Well... Xyro got ***** by Smoom, =/

Xyro77

Wi-fi friendlies anyone?

EDIT: GL to Xyro and any other Samus mains attending

EDIT: Well... Xyro got ***** by Smoom, =/
heck yea, that kid did like 3-5 grabs the whole match and took me to insane %s. He earned what he got.

but as for low tier 2vs2(some might have seen in on the live stream)!

Low Tier 2vs2

1: Mike The Headless Chicken (Inui + Xyro)==IKE+SAMUS
2: Hylian+Lee Martin==IKE+IKE
3: Captn Crow (UTDZac + Beah)==ZELDA+MARIO
4: Inui AIDS fest 09 (Royr + Furbs)==FALCON+YOSHI
5: Exposed Sheep (Razer + Gnes)==JIGGS+NESS/BOWSER
5: The Resistance (Dv8ion + pheonic Alpha)==NESS+LUCAS
7: Weapons of *** Destruction (PX + CY)==GANON+NESS
7: Washed Up Doubles God And A Fathead (Tallman + Gea)==LUCAS+NESS
9: Cyphus+esca (Cyphus + esca)==MARIO+SAMUS
9: Maggie and ****fire (Kingdom Come + Magitek)==PKMN T+LUCAS
9: Tighter than a snorlax in a speedo (Zigsta + Magik)==PKMN T+PKMN T
9: PhatKid and Wett Dinosaur (Bwett + Dphat)==YOSHI+NESS
13: Hyrulian Royalty 15X (Batto + ARC)==????+????
13: Ice+p4 (Ice + p4)==PKMN T+NESS
13: HoneyButtaChickenBis (Jerm and Hyro)==LINK+JIGGS/LINK

I have decided i might not enter regular 1vs1 anymore(we will see). Low tier is my calling. I ALWAYS get top 3 at every low tier event i enter into. Low tier 2vs2 this past weekend was seriously the 2nd best time ive ever had in brawl(first was teaming with legan). Grand Finals had Xyro(samus), Inui(ike), Hylian(ike), Lee martin(ike)...........JABS WERE EVERWHERE!!!!!! And since ike is one of samus easiest match-ups, gimps with zair/tether and free spikes made my day. HOLY **** it was fun.

in regular 1vs1 i got 25th out of 80. in teams i got very low because smoom was sick had to leave and we wouldnt have enough time to fight another team.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Common knowledge that you can cancel Power Shot Charge into zair if you are on a platform?

(B, shield, lightly tap down. Kinda slowly. You fall through the platform. Press zair. Profit)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Common knowledge that you can cancel Power Shot Charge into zair if you are on a platform?

(B, shield, lightly tap down. Kinda slowly. You fall through the platform. Press zair. Profit)

Yeah, that's common knowledge.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeppers.
good stuff Xyro, oh mann I want to play esca's samus! hate samus ditto's but apprently esca is a well talked about samus :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Hey, Samuses.
Mind helping us a little with our Match-up Discussion Vs Samus?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473&page=123

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Top Bottom