• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The other side is only in Metroid Prime 2. Water, lava and acid are in pretty much every Metroid game. And in Smash, too. So I have better chances to survive than you. Hah.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
First off, after some brief research, the pink suit from Metroid was in fact the Varia Suit, not the Gravity suit. So, to fix some things:

Dark Brown > Purple > Orange = Pink > Blue > Green

And on another note, the Dark Suit is practically the epitome of all suits, succeeded only by the Light Suit.

If we referred to the actual power and weapon strength, the Hyper Beam would be best, but it was a situational, one-time only beam. The Phazon Beam would be next; also one-time situational beam. Next would be the Annihilator Beam, a combination of Dark and Light.

I would measure Light/Dark/Plasma/Ice/Wave as all different elemental type of beams, therefore all equal in utility. But the fact that the Dark and Light together make the Annihilator, the best beam of all, they should logically be measured of greater value. (Not to mention the Annihilator Beam's combo, the Sonic Boom was freaking amazing.)

And simply be association, the Light and Dark suits are the best suits, due to the weapon strength available while wielding such armors.

Meh, it's a huge chain of logic that I'm sure has a weak spot somewhere, but I've made my point..

Dark>Gravity. What was the best beam possible at your disposal that you could use all the time? Plasma? Psh.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And both the Dark and the Light Suit are situational one-time suits Samus only wore for a limited amount of time. And in one game. Which sucks cause it's not 2D. :p

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
****. It wasn't 2D.

Well then... I stand by the fact that the Dark Suit is cooler than the rest of the suits provided by Brawl.

So there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Why are we figting over what suit is better? It doesnt matter what suit can survive what natural element. I Just go by looks, I like how the light suit looks the MOST.

And i HATED MP2, the dark/light thingy was a scam. I remember getting the Nintendo Power magazine before that game was released and they said that this game world is bigger than PM1. WHAT I LIE! They reused the same map. So i got to play the same **** map in light and dark mode.......boring as ****.

Ammo system.............********.

Some of those bosses were so **** hard it was stupid(make you fight king ing THEN dark samus without healing). ********.

Multiplayer=trash. Why the hell would u add a half *** multiplayer mode? Go all out or just do nothing because it just pisses players off.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well I played Gravity Suit Samus since Smash 64, lol. :p

Let's just agree on us two being purple lesbians.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Very well. And I've been maining Gravity Suit since Super Metroid and 64(1v1 teams or gtfo).

You mistakenly called the Pink/1st Varia(you start that game off with the Power Suit only) suit the first Gravity Suit <_<

Xyro77

Hot water is heavier than cold

Sound travels 15 times faster through steel than through the air

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Very well. And I've been maining Gravity Suit since Super Metroid and 64(1v1 teams or gtfo).

You mistakenly called the Pink/1st Varia(you start that game off with the Power Suit only) suit the first Gravity Suit <_<
Well, **** happens. I haven't played the original Metroid in like... 10 years. :p

@Xyro:
That's wrong. Water is the heaviest with 4°C (39.2°F). It gets lighter the more/less temperature it has.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I thought water stayed the same weight and that its density only increased when frozen... What do I know, I dont have a scanner like Samus to tell me these things.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So, I've been maining Samus for a long time already... aaaand I decided to stop by this thread and say hello to you guys.
Repping Samus in LT in Austria/Europe, yay.
Ah, heck no! I'm the Purple Lesbian. Ask Xyro77. You'd better recognize.

Shweet. Now there's a purple lesbian.

And Dryn's back! XD
I am the original Purple Lesbian. I made a blog entry back at AiB some time ago. Ask Xyro77.

The very first Gravity Suit in the NES game was pink.
Nope. That's the Varia Suit. The Varia Suit was pink in the original. The Gravity Suit is not in Metroid (NES). It was actually a salmon color.

Lies. In Super Metroid, you started out with a green suit. Thus, Green = Regular.
Nope. That was yellow. It was the Power Suit. There was never a green colored suit. I dubbed it in the past as, "Xyro Suit." Sounds like "Zero Suit."

Also, the suits in Brawl are as follows:

Varia Suit (orange)
Gravity Suit (purple)
Dark Suit (black)
Fusion Suit (blue)
Varia Suit (NES) (salmon)
Xyro Suit (green)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I thought water stayed the same weight and that its density only increased when frozen... What do I know, I dont have a scanner like Samus to tell me these things.
No. In fact, its density dwarfs when frozen. Water at 0°C (32°F) is far heavier than ice at 0°C.
Also, as said, it's heaviest point is 4°C.

Is fine. I treat most people the same when I first meet them. Not very many who can get me to like them in less than a day. gj
Well, I'm the same, so I fully understand you. ^_^

Ah, heck no! I'm the Purple Lesbian. Ask Xyro77. You'd better recognize.

I am the original Purple Lesbian. I made a blog entry back at AiB some time ago. Ask Xyro77.
Purple lesbian threesome, then? Or should I switch to be the pink lesbian? That'd not fit to my nick color, tho. ._.
(and the NES Varia Suit is not as epic as the Gravity Suit)

Nope. That's the Varia Suit. The Varia Suit was pink in the original. The Gravity Suit is not in Metroid (NES). It was actually a salmon color.
We already cleared that up, but thanks.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Purple lesbian threesome, then?
Nope. It's fine, though. I also call myself "The Porphura Chozo." So it's cool.

The "lesbian" titles were used. Ravin, n00b, and HugS had all claimed that they were the Salmon Lesbian, but we let HugS have it. I forgot who else entered.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Mm, stick with your silly purple. **** color ftw

If they had the Light suit (excluding texture haxes,) I'd switch to that

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How about the Purple European Lesbian, then?

:V
It's cool. You and IsmaR might have to fight over it, but it's cool with me. You don't have to change your custom title.

I am Iron Man, after all. ;) We could start a Samus Lesbian Group. o.O lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
lawl @ everyone switching over to samus :p

Friends B day today so if I post something ******** later on just ignore it or spam the next few pages with laughter.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
"Switching over"? WTF? >_>

I've played Samus since like... one week into the game's release. The only character I've played longer than Samus was Bowser, whom I've kinda dropped. Only use him occasionally.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

I've played Samus since like... one week into the game's release. The only character I've played longer than Samus was Bowser, whom I've kinda dropped. Only use him occasionally.
I see :\. I meant samus icons. As you never used to have one Spade.
or visiting our boards, we seem to be have a lot of new faces around here

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, Strawberry32, I had a Samus icon before I switched to Dr. Mario to fit the mushroom. Now I switched back. Whoo.

Xyro77

@Xyro:
That's wrong. Water is the heaviest with 4°C (39.2°F). It gets lighter the more/less temperature it has.
ye i know. i found this site that finds all these "science myths" and i posted a few. I guess i just failed to say that they are myths.

If they had the Light suit (excluding texture haxes,) I'd switch to that
if there was a legit LIGHT suit, i would even consider switching colors.

Why are we excluded? :/

Ah, the heck with it. Maybe I'll be the Iron Lesbian. :chuckle:
They do have an iron man suit texture.

To be honest, in 64 i 2nd samus. In melee i 2nd samus. Brawl is the first game where i MAIN her.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
In 64 I main Samus. In Melee I played her occasionally, but never really got into her... I'll try her again some time, maybe. Now in Brawl, I main her again, but I hardly play her in anything but Low Tiers or for the funz because of her suckage. :[

Xyro77

I would agree to it if we could find enough topics to fill a compendium AND not have the threads UNstickied.

if u want, i can help you list some threads you could add to the compendium

Top Bottom