• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Sorry to post again I think I misunderstood. So this is definitely 2 days, apparently. I didn't mean to ask you to change the whole tourny on my account, I thought it was still being debated.

I think I can swing Sunday, I'll just get there late on Friday.

Which means put me down for housing, please! I'll update on how many: I'm gonna see how I'm setting up a carpool and whatever.
you guys can crash at casa de Mogwai.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i heard from a good source that this place is gonna be full. TOO full. as in uncomfortable full.

with 100+ people? dam, like how big exactly is the venue? must be pretty good size to hold that many people....does anyone have pics or sumthing?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Wife - if I go with you I can get us housing at Bailey's I believe, he lives like 10 minutes away, remember son this store is my old stomping grounds where HRP learned to play Melee, Nanuet is where I grew up lol.

ee why not stay w me:(

Eggm

Smash Hero
Who lives near washington NJ and can help truestrike with a ride? Otg definitely bring it. I'll make sure you get 4$ instead of just the 2 off even if I have to give you 2$. Actually alukard still owes me 2 from bringing a setup one time. You can have that. Plus the 2 you should get this time. Also the venue is... pretty **** big. Its about the same size as where c3's used to be ran when I went for melee (dunno if they are still ran there ). But one of the c3's i went to had 100 + people.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't want to sound like a downer, but I really doubt this will get numbers above 100. I want it too, but I really think we are looking at around 90 for this. Which is still a feat for the aging melee community.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
This IS better than Genesis because it is close for me. LOL

This is definitely not the "Revival Of Melee" though....by any means. Last I checked, Melee has been revived for a while because all of us East Coast kids have stopped playing Brawl for a bit.

I still need housing (IMING Lightxdream now)

Eggm

Smash Hero
i went to that one too

it was pretty crowded haha

but manageable
Yeah it was a tad crowded but not that bad. It was yes also manageable. Theres another room about the same size as the room we are going to be in, but I'm not sure if we are allowed to use that if space becomes an issue. Alukard you think we could since the store is being shut down for this?

Milos

Smash Lord
EVERYONE

You MUST use this format when you register for housing (JFox's format)

Names: (ex. JFox)
Home Location: (ex. Central NJ)
Method of Transportation: (ex. Car)
Additional Comments: (ex. I will bring my own sleeping bag)

those who can house people please use this format and let me know so i can pair people up

Name
How many people you can house
Location (north or south of venue)
Which day(s) you can house people
Anything else important (giving a ride to the airport, or whatever)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Pre-Registration site up

please include a link in the first post

we ask everyone to pre-register for seeding, housing, setups, etc

http://www.emailmeform.com/fid.php?formid=241428

@ pakman about a week ago there were 71 CONFIRMED
we won't know until pre-registration works out i guess but i'm thinking 100 is about where we are

edit: i'm making a new one LULZ thx manalord do it again

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pre-Reg up? Where?

Edit:
Names: Vwins (Vincent), Bam (Maxime), Kage (Roustane), Chesterr01 (Reggie)
Home Location: Montreal, Quebec
Method of Transportation: Car
Additional Comments: Get *****? I know I'll have my own sleeping bag + air mat... the other 3 can do whatever they want, so they'll probably need a sofa or something. Warriors sleep on the floor lol.

Frames

DI
I don't want to sound like a downer, but I really doubt this will get numbers above 100. I want it too, but I really think we are looking at around 90 for this. Which is still a feat for the aging melee community.
smym 6 was 120 i heard so i think this could get 100 easily

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
suggestion:

May I suggest that TVs be allocated and strategically placed accordingly? Seeing all the TV's setup like little islands(like a buffet i guess) I think would be optimal. 3 TV's per island.

As much as we all love pools, they take forever and having things setup strategically like TV's and BIG noticeable numbers for pools I feel will minus some confusion and make things run smoother. If the venue is as beast as I hear, I would like to think that there would be no problem in setting up the TVs in a way that they are NOT too close to each other and so that people CAN walk by.

The last large tourney I went to had horrible Feng Shui and its space usage was horrible(BULLHEAD). People should have not had to shuffle(lol) their way through people the whole time. I was just sitting there, thinking of how much better they could have used that space. I have no idea about the area or geometry of this venue is but I just would like to make a suggestion to take an extra step in making sure that setups/powerstrips/etc are handled in the most effective way.(effective meaning-BUT NOT LIMITED TO- conducive to people doing pools efficiently as possible and having room to breathe.)

I would say "if you need any help..." but I'm not driving and don't wanna make my driver have to get up earlier or whatever. I guess this may not be THAT important, but I feel that this gets slept on soooooo much. Think about how much smoother things will run.

aitekthxbyequitlife

smym 6 was 120 i heard so i think this could get 100 easily
I watched them vids today, I tihnk sliq said 80ish but i'll recheck

104 to be exact says sliq

Sensei

Smash Lord
I prereg'd. Is there a list that shows everyone that pre reg'd? When I clicked on the prereg'd button, it brought me to Jfox's Hype thread in the pacific west lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom