• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So this is way to big for me to miss. I will find a way to get there. I might miss teams, but I am definitely gonna make singles and I will probably have a set-up and a recording set up with commentary.

Mang0, if I drive up there I can give you a ride back to Philly Saturday night. What airport are you taking to get home?

JFox

Smash Hero
ATTENTION: Everyone who NEEDS housing, please fill out the following!

Names: (ex. JFox)
Home Location: (ex. Central NJ)
Method of Transportation: (ex. Car)
Additional Comments: (ex. I will bring my own sleeping bag)

Can anyone try to step up to the plate and organize things for housing? I'm gonna be busy all day, I doubt I have time.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well like I said I have no problem housing people I housed Scar, M2K, Chibo, and Rouge Pit this past sat. Just understand I am running a tournament that same day for Brawl and after it is done I will be heading home via probably a car. Beyond that if you are ok with waiting ( knowing me I will probably end it at 10-11pm if I really get into a hosting rhythm ) whoever wants housing will get housing with me

I do have a 4-5 ppl limit but IDC really since its just an overnight thing.

Hope that helps out.

Scar

#HarveyDent
seriously if you guys need more setups than you have then YOU NEED TO TELL EVERYONE.

people will not bring TVs and **** if you don't need them so keep us all informed.

thx again a-strife

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Name: Prince of Fire

Home Location: North Haven, CT

Transportation: Car

Comments: I gots a modded Wii with Smash 64, Snes, nes, genesis, gameboy advance, burned copy of Brawl, and recording equipment. Be a mistake if you would not want to house me....... :)

EDIT

I would prefer to be housed by someone who is close to the venue. I also would like to be housed on the 6th AND 7th if possible. I might be getting housed by Milos but that is not 100% certain. Thanks.

Scar

#HarveyDent
JFox I can step up

ALSO: we should get pockyD to make us a pre-registration thing and we should attempt to create and post pools on like march 5th. i would be happy to help with this but IMO it needs to be done, pools take a LONG time to create and there are A LOT of people coming to this from far away, that's a lot of pressure to get it done in 1-2 hrs at the venue

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm with you scar, the only problem is that I don't know how to do that. So if PockyD knows how and is willing to do so, that'd be terrific.

Scar, you're gonna take care of organizing the housing situation?

Put down who needs housing, and who is available to house. For example, lightxdream just volunteered to house 4-5 people saturday night.

Also, WE NEED MORE SETUPS!!!!!

List of full setups:

1. JFox
2. Stratford
3. Mogwai
4. Mogwai
5. Spawn
6. Eggm
7. Eggm
8. Eggm
9. Vanz
10. Spife
11. Milos
12. Scar
13. Scar
14. Sensei
15. TheKneeofJustice
16. PC Chris
17. PC Chris
18. Swift Or trademark
19. ErciChewman

Everyone please post how many FULL setups they plan on bringing!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
As of right now, I'm probably also cramming as many of PC's old TVs into my car as will fit, so there'll probably be another 2 or 3 setups from PC. This could change depending on housing stuff, but I think given the need for TVs, we should make this happen. I think he only has 1 melee setup though, so seriously, people who aren't bringing tvs should at least bring melee setups for the TVs that will need them. If I see an empty TV here, I'm gonna T_T

Milos

Smash Lord
right now it is looking like me,marsfool, mike g , chaddd and C......, since they just won a tourny yesterday..so lets **** face milos..my fox is getting a little better than last time
yea man everyone we play will GET ***** :laugh:

I would prefer to be housed by someone who is close to the venue. I also would like to be housed on the 6th AND 7th if possible. I might be getting housed by Milos but that is not 100% certain. Thanks.
I'm sorry man the Georgia people get priority cause they're coming from like 1000 miles away and i'm teaming with pb&j

MANALORD

i'm sorry bro, i really wish i could help you guys out but i'm out of space

I can organize housing though but i'll need form fillouts from those who can house as well as those who need to be housed

so if you can house just write down this information

Name
How many people you can house
Location (north or south of venue)
Which day(s) you can house people
Anything else important (giving a ride to the airport, or whatever)

i'll organize who has housing, and who needs it and then i'll separate them based on the size of the group that needs it and the amount of people the person can house

so if you're coming with 4 other people and there's a person who can house 5, then it'll be arranged as such.

get on it people

PEOPLE WHO NEED HOUSING

Comments: I gots a modded Wii with Smash 64, Snes, nes, genesis, gameboy advance, burned copy of Brawl, and recording equipment. Be a mistake if you would not want to house me....... :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Alukard definitely if you can get the venue for Sunday too just for crews friendlies etc.. cause there's going to be too many people here for me to get to play on just 1 day. :( We can finish the tournament Saturday for anyone who has to leave, but for everyone else we can all just pay 10$ again for venue fee on Sunday and play all day? :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
seriously if you guys need more setups than you have then YOU NEED TO TELL EVERYONE.

people will not bring TVs and **** if you don't need them so keep us all informed.

thx again a-strife

Not a problem man. 64/melee/brawl its all smash to me so I support 100% I just wish I could see it in person!

Btw here is a suggestion.

Alu you have 2 venues at your disposal. Why not use the 2nd venue if people are staying in the NYC area? It is not that bad to get to from the bx area or you can try some spots out in the local area or just pay for a few hours

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
there should be @ least 1 TV coming from me/trademark. dunno how many we can fit in the car but i know there should be 1. Im not all about bringing systems and **** so someone matchup my TV with a system.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Important announcement: Canada's best are coming from Quebec. Including Vwins, Bam, Kage, PKM, and more. Just letting everyone know.

Names: TheManaLord (also coming with me: Raynex, Unknown, Europhoria, Onemore)
Home Location: Upstate NY
Method of Transportation: Car
Additional Comments: We'll succumb to any conditions... we need housing for Fri and Sat.

Eggm

Smash Hero
there should be @ least 1 TV coming from me/trademark. dunno how many we can fit in the car but i know there should be 1. Im not all about bringing systems and **** so someone matchup my TV with a system.
No space johns have tv's on your laps if you have to. This is too epic to not have tv's cause of space johns. Front set all the way up tv on the floor in the back people sitting Indian style whatever.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so i just got confirmation that i am allowed to do sumthing on the second day ...

but i'm not sure if thats good ... since it would be venue two days ... =\

because we are taking up all of the venue lol

EDIT holy crap tables are expensive to rent/buy =[[[[[[

and ummm i really hope this brings melee back =D

OMFG DREPHEN IS COMING ... ur like my fav. sheik ... u be using the dynasty like me all day =]]]]

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Two days hmmm? If you're running events on that Sunday I'll see if I can make it! Not that I'm counting on entering anything (since I'm sure they all start on Sat) but I'd want friendly's :D

Cia

das kwl
yeeeah, from the looks of it, this tournament is going to need the entire venue. Also, plz bring power strips. I think i have like.. 2 in my closet somewhere. but we will definitely need them.

Extension chords and power strips plz.

Alukard

Smash Hero
wats a squid ?? >_>

also ... big news

please i need to know ...

2 day event
means pools and crews day 1 ... and then bracket day 2 ... i see it better this way for everyone ... lots of friendlies ... and everyone plays more and stays warmed up

BUT the downside ... we are completely shuttin down the store ... so they will want the venue again the second day ... because he cant run his normal events to make money ... so please i need to kno wats best so i can have the tourney running smooth as eggs

thank you sry for my abuse with ellipsis lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
as long as everyone coming from far off is cool with 2 dai, you should do it. I think it'd be pretty **** to like gyp any WC or MW players from being able to play in the tourney though.

Edit: Squids are those awesome power thingies that take 1 outlet and make it like 6, they're kinda the best ever.

Alukard

Smash Hero
as long as everyone coming from far off is cool with 2 dai, you should do it. I think it'd be pretty **** to like gyp any WC or MW players from being able to play in the tourney though.

Edit: Squids are those awesome power thingies that take 1 outlet and make it like 6, they're kinda the best ever.
o thanks i didn't kno that lol

but yea that post was for oos ... and far off peeps ... because they are traveling alot

please all of oos and ooc post and let me know if anyone gets pooped on ...

PLEASE DO IT ASAP

Frames

DI
2 days would be ok for fl we haven't bought any tickets yet our only concern is making sure everything finishes sunday night since we all have school monday morning

so far its just me colbol and hungrybox goin so hopefully we can get more

Alukard

Smash Hero
2 days would be ok for fl we haven't bought any tickets yet our only concern is making sure everything finishes sunday night since we all have school monday morning

so far its just me colbol and hungrybox goin so hopefully we can get more
yayyy =]

hopefully u guys can ^_^

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Would you be doing teams pools, or go through the bracket in one day?

I am definitely up for 2 days.

Housing would be nice but I could take the drive two days in a row.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
while a 2 day tourney would make so much sense for this, a $20 venue fee is sooo expensive. i completely understand where the store owner is coming from though, since were like shutting down all his stuff lol. however im not gonna lie, this is gonna ruin some things for a lot of players. for instance, ppl who made sure they're off of work and stuff on saturday but might be busy on sunday (i know some ppl like ultimascout would be affected by this). everyone has to find housing which may be tough.

personally it sort of makes me not want to go. i wanted to go and not enter anything so i can help run it as jfox asked, get to watch some big matches like m2k v mango, and maybe some friendlies if i feel like it. however spending $20 + gas money and having to house somewhere is pretty steep imo for someone in my situation.

Alukard

Smash Hero
well u kinda summed it up for me chibo ... thats the down side to the 2 day ... but this is why i need to know if people who are actually attending the tournament are going to be able to come back for day two ...especially if they get out of pools

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm making a trailer for this shiz (FOR MOAR HYPE), i'm putting the dates as 2 days for now, but if you change it sometime in the next day or two or can edit it.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I'm making a trailer for this shiz (FOR MOAR HYPE), i'm putting the dates as 2 days for now, but if you change it sometime in the next day or two or can edit it.
yayyy altho jfox ... is making one too ...

but double the hype doesn't hurt at ALL!!!!

Milos

Smash Lord
PEOPLE WHO NEED HOUSING

Names: TheManaLord (also coming with me: Raynex, Unknown, Europhoria, Onemore)
Home Location: Upstate NY
Method of Transportation: Car
Additional Comments: We'll succumb to any conditions... we need housing for Fri and Sat.

Who can house? I assume the Fl guys and drephen need housing too yea? get back to me on that.

alex strife can you post your housing info?

is there anybody who is willing to stay as far out as philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom