• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
please people vote in the poll it will make my life easier ... and yours as well =]

thank you

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sure here is my housing info

2732 fish ave
bronx ny 10469
I can house Sat into Sunday and probably go with you guys sunday if anything if not I will not mind housing either way. I MAY be able to house friday but because of my tournament that day I might leave extremely early.

Let me know if this is ok.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
As I posted in the other thread. I want what is best for the people out of our region. I prefer the 2 day event (A), but I'd rather do B if more exotic players would show up. So I will monitor posts in this thread and the poll thread until I get a feel for what the OOR people want.

Milos

Smash Lord
PEOPLE WHO NEED HOUSING

Name: Prince of Fire

Home Location: North Haven, CT

Transportation: Car

Comments: I gots a modded Wii with Smash 64, Snes, nes, genesis, gameboy advance, burned copy of Brawl, and recording equipment. Be a mistake if you would not want to house me....... :)

Names: TheManaLord (also coming with me: Raynex, Unknown, Europhoria, Onemore)
Home Location: Upstate NY
Method of Transportation: Car
Additional Comments: We'll succumb to any conditions... we need housing for Fri and Sat.

HOUSING

Alex Strife
2732 fish ave
bronx ny 10469
Additional Comments: I can house Sat into Sunday and probably go with you guys sunday if anything if not I will not mind housing either way. I MAY be able to house friday but because of my tournament that day I might leave extremely early.

Alukard

Smash Hero
thank you for being so fair pakmizzan ... <333

i feel that option A is best overall so i voted already because imo a better structured tournament will result in a lower chance of suicide for myself lmfao

wait should i post these housing things on page 1??

or this is stuff that has been updated ... please explain milos

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
What's the official name of this tourney so far and is there a page for this on the All Is Brawl tourny listing yet?

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
o thanks i didn't kno that lol

but yea that post was for oos ... and far off peeps ... because they are traveling alot

please all of oos and ooc post and let me know if anyone gets pooped on ...

PLEASE DO IT ASAP
I think I'd be the only one getting "pooped" on. My flight is at 620PM, so two day wouldn't affect me (assuming I don't get too far) but... I don't suppose anyone would want to drive an hour to JFK during the tourny =/

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
There is really no official name. Lol the thread title keeps changing as more people confirm they're coming. No page on AIB either.

And I dnt mind 1 or 2 days. I could probably make both but yea whatever is best for OOS is better obviously

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alukard you have to keep the name The Revival of Melee it sounds sweet..also East vs West sounds epic...

you guys should

- do a AIB page
- work on housing (ask dj he can also house i know he can )

BTW for my housing situation i would PREFER if I knew the ppl in person ... just a pet peeve dont want random ppl in my house if I havent met them first...kinda...strange O.o...but if its needed i will do just a preference

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think maybe Option A should be a bit more aggressive and do doubles brackets instead of pools and eliminate any day 2 doubles and try and get singles done early on day 2.

Alukard

Smash Hero
heres the thing tho ... i didn't plan on this to be so huge ... so the second day has to finish by 6pm or so the latest. thats pretty much my bosses half day off lol. It was last minute as is that i asked for the second day.

and just to be safe i think thats the only way i can see this organized properly =\

so yea i'm grateful enough that he is giving me the GO for everything

also zhu i dont think u will be that affected unless u can't find a ride ... because by 3pm day two it should just be all done and just mm's and friendlies

Lovage

Smash Hero
this is seriously looking like 2 words
fukken ****

with every page of this thread im getting extra hype boner
im gonna great you all with handshakes with i first meet you....but by monday it'll be all hugs :) <33 yes homo

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
biggest tournament ever, and now i can't go all because of an added second day, wtf
Vote for option B. Everything important is done day 1. Day 2 is more of a smashfest.

And Chibo.... You'd be paying $20 to attend the best EC smash tournament since Pound 3.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Option B so that anyone who originally couldn't come the 2nd day isn't missing anything important. It should be case closed at this point since people are traveling from super far distances.

Edit : Flame I plan on driving back Saturday night and then driving back there again Sunday morning so you and tailz and stric9 can still ride with me. Make sure you and tailz/stric9 vote for option B if you still wanna go. Right now its 5 to 5. I also don't really care about the size of the brackets as long as theres 1 round of pools for accurate seeding. Although I've done good in the past with multiple pools like at pound 3. :p

Edit : it could give people the option of paying just 10$ and not coming back for Sunday if they want. Or do we play the 20$ venue fee regardless?

Edit 2 : Either way its fine. 10$ is not really gonna stop anyone who truly loves melee from attending IMO. Its 10$ lol. Thats like... 10$...

Alukard

Smash Hero
biggest tournament ever, and now i can't go all because of an added second day, wtf
why wouldn't u be able to go ??

it makes no sense ... since it is changed to a two day event i sympathized with the people ... and hosted the main events on day one ... granted if the randomness of someone making it to day two events can't stay that is the problem ... i just need to kno who of that caliber will not b able to make it to day two ... example ... a pro

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Wife would prefer to have main events on saturday only, since he has trouble getting Sunday off work, and since I will be carpooling with him (most likely) I'm voting for option B as well.

Milos

Smash Lord
option b

because what about the possibility of people only being able to make it on sunday?
they'd have missed pools so would be ineligible for brackets.

Drephen

Smash Master
ok so i just got confirmation that i am allowed to do sumthing on the second day ...

but i'm not sure if thats good ... since it would be venue two days ... =\

because we are taking up all of the venue lol

EDIT holy crap tables are expensive to rent/buy =[[[[[[

and ummm i really hope this brings melee back =D

OMFG DREPHEN IS COMING ... ur like my fav. sheik ... u be using the dynasty like me all day =]]]]
lol i just saw this yesterday so im not sure about it yet

gots to talk to my crew first, but this is lookin to be too good

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah everyone can make it lol we'll do B, that's completely fine.

That was the point of the poll so it's basically settled.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Option B so that anyone who originally couldn't come the 2nd day isn't missing anything important. It should be case closed at this point since people are traveling from super far distances.

Edit : Flame I plan on driving back Saturday night and then driving back there again Sunday morning so you and tailz and stric9 can still ride with me. Make sure you and tailz/stric9 vote for option B if you still wanna go. Right now its 5 to 5. I also don't really care about the size of the brackets as long as theres 1 round of pools for accurate seeding. Although I've done good in the past with multiple pools like at pound 3. :p

Edit : it could give people the option of paying just 10$ and not coming back for Sunday if they want. Or do we play the 20$ venue fee regardless?

Edit 2 : Either way its fine. 10$ is not really gonna stop anyone who truly loves melee from attending IMO. Its 10$ lol. Thats like... 10$...
k, thats good eggm, I just dont want u 2 have to do any extra driving that u have 2, so dont do that on our account. But if you were gonna do that anyway, than we can still go, but we all have obligations that sunday.

why wouldn't u be able to go ??

it makes no sense ... since it is changed to a two day event i sympathized with the people ... and hosted the main events on day one ... granted if the randomness of someone making it to day two events can't stay that is the problem ... i just need to kno who of that caliber will not b able to make it to day two ... example ... a pro
dont worry alukard, the only reason we wouldn't have been able to go is because I have some obligations with my family that sunday, and i saw that eggm wanted to stay for day 2. But I voted for option B, so we should be good if it gets the most votes :) But I do see you're trying to accomodate everyone, so I thank you for that.

JFox

Smash Hero
I voted option B. I'm not even sure I wanna come back day 2. Spendin $10 per person only to get kicked out at 6pm doesn't sound worth it. Also I plan to be hung over as balls sunday morning, and I promised mango we'd go exploring in Philly since he has such a hard-on about that city.

So yea, option B for me.

I'll be at work til 11pm, so I hope progress is made. NEED MOAR SETUPS!

Scar, lemme know wats up on that video via PM

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Put me down for 1 set up. I will be late for teams, so I don't really expect the venue fee reduction, but I will be there for singles pools when the TV will be necessary.

Also, everyone needs to realize that this is going to be a TIGHT schedule. Mainly pools needs to get done as fast as possible. Everyone needs to be like Scar and shout as their pool mates... A LOT.

Friendlies cannot happen during pools and the start of brackets.

Wife

Smash Lord
Pakman I thought you weren't going to be there? I was trying to steal half of blue lazer . . .

I'll vote but lemme say can we please keep it one day? I might not be able to come if it's 2 days. Thanks.

edit: lol thanks for throwing me a bone in the title. Humbled and obliged.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Names: Koj
Home Location: WNY (Rochester)
Additional Comments: Committed to bring a full set-up
Status: Not housed, currently traveling with TheManaLord and Canadians from Toronto

I also need a teams partner potentially.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Pakman I thought you weren't going to be there? I was trying to steal half of blue lazer . . .

I'll vote but lemme say can we please keep it one day? I might not be able to come if it's 2 days. Thanks.

edit: lol thanks for throwing me a bone in the title. Humbled and obliged.
I mean I wasn't gonna go but like you said... look at the title. This is going to be a STACKED tournament. How could I miss it?

You and Scar should be ****.

Wife+Scar = Team Spousal Abuse.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Names: Koj
Home Location: WNY (Rochester)
Additional Comments: Committed to bring a full set-up
Status: Not housed, currently traveling with TheManaLord and Canadians from Toronto

I also need a teams partner potentially.
KOJ I thought you were taking a separate car to bring rochester? Right now I'm committed to bringing 4 canadians...

Wife

Smash Lord
Sorry to post again I think I misunderstood. So this is definitely 2 days, apparently. I didn't mean to ask you to change the whole tourny on my account, I thought it was still being debated.

I think I can swing Sunday, I'll just get there late on Friday.

Which means put me down for housing, please! I'll update on how many: I'm gonna see how I'm setting up a carpool and whatever.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You know you don't have to make the second day right? It's just low tiers and crews and such. First day is singles and doubles. Or has that not been finalized yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom