• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
The thing is, people will probably try out Diddy now, and once they realize how fun he is... yeah.

MANY DIDDYS! LEFT SIDE!
(+1 to those who get the reference)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think the same thing will happen as other times things went well.

People will play Diddy. They will think he is fun.

Then they will use him at a tournament, realize he has a ton of close match ups that take awhile to get good at, and then realize it takes awhile to learn the character, and so they will quit Diddy and go back to their easier to play main.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am going diddy for metaknight banned tournaments. I am better with snake and falco than diddy, but I think they both really boring to play.

*Climbs onto the diddywagon*

Lol metaknight banned tournaments? I know right?

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman

Then they will use him at a tournament, realize he has a ton of close match ups that take awhile to get good at, and then realize it takes awhile to learn the character, and so they will quit Diddy and go back to their easier to play main.
Or they might just second him >_>

Advent Lee

Smash Ace

After all Diddy is arguably the most complicated character in Brawl.

-L-

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Haha I'm almost certainly not going to pound four. I was just making fun of the whole situation last night while drunk ^_^.

And think I talked to wyatt on the phone at 430 while hammered :laugh:

edit: everyone sig me ^_^

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! go with the god kais.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I see Felix signed up here.

Dangit, now all the Diddy's are gonna get good :(

FELIX DON'T TELL THEM HOW TO BE GOOD D:

3rd after Peach and Ice Climbers IMO.

:p
Climbers are only complicated when you are learning the chaingrabs and Peach is right after Diddy. I think ZSS is more complicated than the Climbers.

Also, green shirt/hat FTW!!!!!!

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Climbers aren't really complicated. Learning all the chaingrabs and being able to do them all consistently is really hard, and then actually getting the grab is really hard.
I used to main ICs, but quit for two reasons:
1) Nana is ********.
2) ICs force people to play sooper gay against you. That's no fun.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Change of subject...

I am going to have to be SoCal's Diddy Kong. I am going to have to practice a **** load if i'm going to place well at SCSA. And that means I am going to have to be better than Naners if I am going to prove that SoCal>NorCal.

:(

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
They're definitely up there in terms of being complicated (ICs, Diddy, ZSS, Marth [lolspacing, same with ZSS] maybe Peach? I don't know much about her).

Infinite CGs aren't complicated, just take a lot of practice. What is complicated is using desynchs effectively, getting them consistently, watching your spacing to get a grab, watching Nana during desynchs, timing different desynchs so it's not just blizzard blizzard blizzard blizzard, different set-ups for desynch traps, etc.

Desynching is 2222guuuddd.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
But after you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature. Diddy never becomes second nature because you are constantly mixing up your game. I may be missing something though.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Climbers aren't really complicated. Learning all the chaingrabs and being able to do them all consistently is really hard, and then actually getting the grab is really hard.
I used to main ICs, but quit for two reasons:
1) Nana is ********.
2) ICs force people to play sooper gay against you. That's no fun.
ICs CG isn't complicated, it's desync'd grab set ups that are complicated.

And Peach has three times more AT's than most of the rest of the cast LOL

Peach is right after Diddy
Other way around. We've got all the item ATs, PLUS float ATs, plus a half dozen turnip pull glitches, some of them difficult enough to pull off that many Peaches can't do it. Heck, we have a zero death on the entire cast that's too difficult to reliably do, float-cancelled double footstool gimps, a method to perform a grounded attack with invulnerability after an edgegrab, and we have to land kill moves without an item that lets us force a setup :p

[/Whiney Peach Main Starting Drama In Diddy Boards]

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
...I said "Climbers aren't really complicated." I then continued to say that the chaingrabs are "hard." Meaning, I know that they aren't complicated. :laugh:

Oh, and up until this month, they had no legitimate grab setups.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace

And Peach has three times more AT's than most of the rest of the cast LOL

Other way around. We've got all the item ATs, PLUS float ATs, plus a half dozen turnip pull glitches, some of them difficult enough to pull off that many Peaches can't do it. Heck, we have a zero death on the entire cast that's too difficult to reliably do, float-cancelled double footstool gimps, a method to perform a grounded attack with invulnerability after an edgegrab, and we have to land kill moves without an item that lets us force a setup :p

[/Whiney Peach Main Starting Drama In Diddy Boards]
The amount of AT's don't correlate to the complexity of the character. Creativity does. And you have to be very creative to play Diddy. Every match, approach, spike, and recovery will be different. There are no pre-determined stategies besides specific matchup advise. It's the same as Peach but to a lower level.

In other words, Peach is more linear than a Diddy will be.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The amount of AT's don't correlate to the complexity of the character. Creativity does. And you have to be very creative to play Diddy. Every match, approach, spike, and recovery will be different. There are no pre-determined stategies besides specific matchup advise. It's the same as Peach but to a lower level.

In other words, Peach is more linear than a Diddy will be.
lollll funny enough I would have written the exact same post with the names Peach and Diddy swapped around.

Peach is my favorite character to play in the game because I consider her to be the most creative. She DOESN'T have any set approaches. She's basically Diddy without his kill move setups, with three times as many lag frames on her airdodge, and with a float. I really do consider her the most creative character in the game.

Also, I consider Diddy my second favorite character in the game for almost the exact same reasons. xD

Boofy!

Smash Champion
bias players are bias

jk peach and diddy both own ;)

as far as complexity goes.. idk

as much as I love diddy, I think peach takes it. I feel like they have to be more creative due to her lack of set-ups, but diddy is still FAR from linear. glidetoss>downsmash can only take you so far lol

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
You really have to be creative with all his kill setups though. Glide-Toss> Dsmash can be very predictable unless you bait it first. You can't just mindlessly throw around bananas.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
How do you cancel a side B (kick) with no lag straight from the ground?
There is a better description in the Kongpendium, but you basically have to Monkey Flip Kick at the earliest possible moment and then Airdodge right before you hit the ground. The timing is hard as balls, though.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hmm I thought only the non-kick could be cancelled ; do you have to smash the side B ?

btw, I want you to tell me what you think about bbrawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom