• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
On brinstar do the parts where the stage breaks refresh your moves? If they do that's amazing.

And on the slanted platforms on the right and left, you can pluck a banana and the momentum will carry you onto the main stage if you pluck it on the slant. It's kinda like running off stage and then plucking to get the momentum.

And if the overall stage is titled towards the right, you can dtilt on the right side of the edge through the edge. You can also drop from the ledge, double jump, and then wall jump to recover back on stage, but it's not that useful imo. I could get a video up if you want a visual.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that any thing that makes your moves connect (not go through) will refresh your moves. I'm not totally sure though.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Anything that imparts damage to a hurtbox refreshes your moves, IIRC.

Hitting a shield does not. Hitting a Green Greens block or a Smashville Balloon or Brinstar Pillar does.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
/\ yep. I usually nair the flesh wall things because the only time i ever use nair is to fast fall it and maybe set up for some up tilts.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
also castle siege statues, and luigi's mansion. i think u-tilt or d-tilt is best to refresh moves imo

and on a related note does each hit from diddy's tail count as one move? or does it refresh per hit?

Jupz

Smash Master
There is a better description in the Kongpendium, but you basically have to Monkey Flip Kick at the earliest possible moment and then Airdodge right before you hit the ground. The timing is hard as balls, though.
Ok, thanks for that :)

And also, each hit of Diddys tail refreshes moves, making his jab the best for refreshing moves.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Keeping kill moves shouldn't be that much of a problem for a Diddy, not to say it isn't great to refresh stuff, just don't focus all of your attention on refreshing your moves the instant you knock someone off the stage, just play normally and keep racking up that damage :D utilt kills anyone at 200 ;P

Gnes

Smash Master
Keeping kill moves shouldn't be that much of a problem for a Diddy, not to say it isn't great to refresh stuff, just don't focus all of your attention on refreshing your moves the instant you knock someone off the stage, just play normally and keep racking up that damage :D utilt kills anyone at 200 ;P
Snake kills u at 120%

:)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Don't use up tilt or down tilt for refreshing. Those moves are hella good. haha. Nair is a diddy player's least used move, so who cares if it get stale? sets up for up tilts better imo.

Also, multi hit moves don't refresh your moves. 1 multi hit move counts as 1 hit. use nair.

white peachy

Smash Ace
What is the best way to survive with DI with banana in hand? Should I be trying to z-drop to b-air quickly? Or dthrow the naner to get the effects of the fastfall? Which is best?

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Down tilt and up tilt are only good 2-3 times max depending on how heavy the character is. Making it stale will just do less damage and gives your opponent more time to SDI out of your move.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
eh, filt is pretty unreliable for me. Usually i just down smash instead. Unless you are talking about another situation where a smash couldn't subsitute.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Snake kills u at 120%

:)
No, much earlier. 100. Maybe if you DI perfectly you can live that, but seriously you'll die at 110 no matter what. And you can't run away against snake to avoid being killed, he has like 5 other moves that somehow ALWAYS HIT YOU!! Diddy's up tilt kills snake and DDD at like 250%..

ADHD

Smash Hero
100 won't kill you unless if you've got granny DI :| Except on Halberd, you'll die at 0 on that god **** stage.
I've been uptilted enough to know that it kills you at 100 unless you DI it perfectly which is kind of hard to do consistently imo. And yeah halberd is miserable just ban it <_<

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've been uptilted enough to know that it kills you at 100 unless you DI it perfectly which is kind of hard to do consistently imo. And yeah halberd is miserable just ban it <_<
DI towards Snake at a sort of 330 degree angle, and SDI down, dair to momentum cancel!

@Gnes- Maybe PS1 has a slightly higher vertical killzone than the other neutrals? I'm not quite sure, but it's something worth checking. Regardless, that was awesome DI on that utilt ;P

Something we definitely need to check out- can Snake's utilt be double sticked down? (you get hit and go... Down?!!?2!?!?) We've all seen it, but with certain moves it doesn't work. Not quite sure if Snake's utilt is one of them, but I mean come on, it's worth a try :D (D3's utilt can be double sticked down, so there is hope!!!)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So I lost to a Yoshi. Never fought a Yoshi before, didn't really know how to handle it. That chaingrab can annoying as hell, and egg camping is more annoying then that. Anyone know the match up well?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
It's weird. I know I've jumped out of it before, but I know I've been unable to before.
^This

The first time I played against a decent Yoshi I thought the match-up thread was wrong about his chaingrab because I kept jumping out of it. Now I can't escape it, and I know for a fact that the first guy knew how to do it properly.

tibs7

Smash Champion
im starting to lose to the IC's, getting 40%-death/120% is not cool and im sick of it. are there any videos to watch that i can study??

<3 tibs

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I couldn't jump out of it at all. The most I got was the beginning of the jump animation, but I still got grabbed. Couldn't use any aerial either.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
ADHD vs Lain was recorded in the live feed for SNES, though it's hard to tell what's going on. It seemed like the goal was to isolate and spike Nana (since she's too stupid to avoid it or save herself) and then deal with solo Popo. I couldn't tell you from experience, I've never played an IC main.

EDIT: Well, it's SUPPOSED to be a true chaingrab for Yoshi, though like Mercutio said I've jumped out of it before and have been trapped by it before.

Player-1

Smash Legend
ADHD vs Lain was recorded in the live feed for SNES, though it's hard to tell what's going on. It seemed like the goal was to isolate and spike Nana (since she's too stupid to avoid it or save herself) and then deal with solo Popo. I couldn't tell you from experience, I've never played an IC main.

EDIT: Well, it's SUPPOSED to be a true chaingrab for Yoshi, though like Mercutio said I've jumped out of it before and have been trapped by it before.
then the Yoshi messed up

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you can't get out of it if the Yoshi times it right.
Well, that was just one problem. The other was the egg planking. **** egg planking.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Well, that's the other problem. I wasn't focusing at all. It was really just a lot of retreating pivot grabs, all kinds of shenanigans. I couldn't figure it out, haha. I didn't get grabbed a lot, but when I did, I ended up on the other side of the stage.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
It's a guaranteed grab release.
Yoshi's ground game kinda sucks, especially compared to ours. And he has a lot of blind spots. He can only approach with eggs or bair, so dribble a lot, and try to stay mid distance so he can't grab you.

If he shields, he's gonna spotdodge, since that's his best OoS option. If he rolls punish it because it sucks.

Also you can hug the stage before when yoshi gets off the stage as he's throwing eggs forcing him to double jump. You can then spike him (which is risky) or punish him when he gets on stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom