• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yep, but a fun MK, not a emo knight that everyone and their mothers pick up =)

I suck against Wario.
I met three this week, lost to 2 of them D=

The matchup thread doesn't really cover this (it would be a good idea to do so btw), so where should I cp him to ? BF's working okay this far but when people realize it's my best stage and FD's my 3rd worst I'm screwed haha

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I wasn't talking about matchups or anything. I can't really explain how to say it, maybe MK was a bad example.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Dear Diddy Boards :) :

What are the training grounds?

Okay, so the training grounds are for newer players, and good players alike.

The point of the training grounds?

Anyone looking to learn a character can directly contact "Teachers" in order to learn more about the character. Whether you main the character and are looking to get better, or you want to pick up a new character, this is the place for you.

The Training Grounds, also called the Smash School, is looking to improve the Boards. We have teachers to pass on knowledge to those who want to learn, and it is becoming fairly successful. However, not every character is largely or even to a fair degree represented here, and that's where you come in. If you feel that you have the time, the experience, and the effort to help out, please visit the Smash School right now.

This really can make a big difference, especially to new members. But in order for it to become big, you have to help. If you're not quite teacher-material, go ahead and check it out anyway. You might improve your main, or even find fun with learning somebody new! Its a place for everyone!

Naturally, if you have questions or perhaps an idea, you can post in the thread. Or you can PM one of the "commitee."

Committee Members

Straked, the plumber.
S.O.L.I.D., the prince.
Cherry64, the woman.
GwJumpman, the robot.
If you think you'd be interested in being a teacher, PM your application to S.O.L.I.D.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i tried doing that. It's pretty impossible to do perfectly. If you're opponent can quickly buffer a roll, it's easily escapable.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I rarely come across situations where the single lock is even possible. There have been maybe three or four times I can remember where I ended a match thinking "...I could have totally single banana locked him at that point."

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I just got done playing a few hours of doubles.

I was going mostly Diddy/Ganon and got a lot of great Diddy spikes (a lot of barrel spikes as well)

Then again, it was Diddy+MK vs Snake+Snake most of the time. If we weren't able to gimp them, something was wrong. XD

Moral of the story:
I've forgotten how fun it is to play as Diddy. :3

Player-1

Smash Legend
So my wii broke and wont eject my melee so i can only play melee and vc games =[

edit: oh and my laptop is in the shop, im typing this from wiinet. All my **** is braking

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
By broke, I think it just won't eject the disc. Hence why he can still play melee and VC games, he just can't play anything else cause melee won't come out XD

Dekar173

Justice Man
Hi.

1. Is Diddy good in FFAs?
2. Is Diddy good for a defensive player?
FFA? Yes, I'd rank him right up there with MK, Wario, and GnW.

as for Q 2, he's good for ANY type of player. DMG secondaries Diddy, just an fyi, therefore he's perfect for defensive play ;)

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
FFAs? I thought Diddy wouldn't be as good, because his bananas become a mess and pretty darn hard to control. ...R-r-right?

I'd say Diddy is a good defensive character. Not a Snake, by any means, but 2 bananas, plus the popgun work wonderfully. Personally, I play Diddy for the offense.

I have a question myself. Recently I asked what to do to get a banana out, and people responded by saying just pull it out at the start. I've just begun trying to instant-throw.

Is
1. banana pull,
2. jump,
3. airdodge to catch,
4. c-stick forward or down
a reliable/good option?

fZk

Smash Lord
FFAs? I thought Diddy wouldn't be as good, because his bananas become a mess and pretty darn hard to control. ...R-r-right?

I'd say Diddy is a good defensive character. Not a Snake, by any means, but 2 bananas, plus the popgun work wonderfully. Personally, I play Diddy for the offense.

I have a question myself. Recently I asked what to do to get a banana out, and people responded by saying just pull it out at the start. I've just begun trying to instant-throw.

Is
1. banana pull,
2. jump,
3. airdodge to catch,
a reliable/good option?
A better option is to Z-catch the banana instead of an airdodge. It's much faster, as you instantly catch the banana and can immediately throw it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
A better option is to Z-catch the banana instead of an airdodge. It's much faster, as you instantly catch the banana and can immediately throw it.
"I've just begun trying to instant-throw.

Is
1. banana pull,
2. jump,
3. airdodge to catch,
a reliable/good option?"

I THINK he may be planning on instant throwing it, not quite sure though because he DID say "airdodge to catch"

BUT if he did really mean he's instant throwing it, there's no faster way than that ;P

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I just z-catch it at the start. I can't remember a time where it was necessary to instant throw it; the angle is never right.
I prefer to just have the banana in my hands and wait for the right time.

fZk

Smash Lord
"I've just begun trying to instant-throw.

Is
1. banana pull,
2. jump,
3. airdodge to catch,
a reliable/good option?"

I THINK he may be planning on instant throwing it, not quite sure though because he DID say "airdodge to catch"

BUT if he did really mean he's instant throwing it, there's no faster way than that ;P
I thought so too at first, but banana pull to jump to airdodge sounds to me that the banana is still on the air. So he air catches it with the dodge and then tosses it.

But is not very clear.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If every Diddy starts SNLing and 0-deathing tall characters he'll promise to get it banned ;P

On FD or SV, a good opener I tend to use is

tilt banana > instant throw it forward > smash diddy kick > instant throw the naner again when I land on it

Catches lots of people offguard, and it allows for great mix-ups (you don't necessarily have to instant throw the naner again, let alone even catch it!)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I liked dash attacking you when you started doing that. :)

Dekar173

Justice Man
I liked dash attacking you when you started doing that. :)
That was in friendlies where I'd practice the options though ;P

Fun fact: I wish everyone knew the Diddy match-up like Sinz does. Playing certain people is boring due to the fact that they have NO naner control D:

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
isn't airdodge catch to throw an instant throw? I thought it was just as fast as z-catching. The airdodge cancels when you throw...

I'll try to work my tech level up to what Dekar is saying.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
That was in friendlies where I'd practice the options though ;P

Fun fact: I wish everyone knew the Diddy match-up like Sinz does. Playing certain people is boring due to the fact that they have NO naner control D:
I disagree. Playing people with no banana control is so much more fun. Every stock is combo video material.

Playing people with good banana control is frustrating. It's all "lol trip on this," and he's all, "naw, I'll just take that," and I'm all, "****."
Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom