• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Why would you ever run into a yoshi pivot grab god only knows why. Just shoot peanuts until he tries to outcamp you, then you trip him :D

Jtails

Smash Lord
camping yoshis are probably the most annoying thing. lol I'm sure if they just fought they would do wayy better.

boomshakalaka

Smash Cadet
ight yo i jus played brown fatal and a coupl other snakes and dis **** happen
so i usually try gimp dat *** snake, i usually f-throw offstage, f-air den d-air or hump
and if i do hump n get da kill wen i try to recover, my barrels always explode once i hit the ledge even though its aim'd mad good, so why da *** is it doin dis and how can i prevent it

(and i don press up wen im middle of hump cuz dey can recover)

Dekar173

Justice Man
against Yoshi, go to Battlefield first, it's short enough to where if they DO have perfect positioning for the CG, it's not really gonna stack up much damage, just mash as fast as possible and hope for an instant grab.

Smashville is good too, kind of. Can't rely on that platform too much though ;P

FD if you want is great, hopefully you're better there than they are! XD

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
It isn't really hard to avoid grabs at all. Just run away, and try to predict when they want to grab you. I practice with a falco main all the time, and he actually has good setups to get grabs. I.E. jab attack to grab. Besides, it's not like yoshi can do a throw and do 9% each time. He can do around 11% at the most across the whole stage, which doesn't even lead to a spike. (I don't think).

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Nah I didn't really get grabbed that much, and only really pivot grabbed once. I just brought it up because I wanted to make sure that the chaingrab was legit, and I wasn't doing anything wrong. I definitely shouldn't have lost the set, I was just way off my game for multiple reasons. That + match up inexperience doesn't add up well.
It won't happen again, that's for sure.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who here has teamed with a Wario before and what are epic things the team can do together?

I'm teaming with Gnes in a week, so ideas for rapetastic things we can do and get on tape are welcome... also, maybe team names.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Be sure to take vids, papa PX.

Both characters are stock tanks in doubles, I guess you should choose one "sandbag" that would go all out on the front line while the other teammate is supporting and tanking.
Wario's bite and dthrow both set up a diddy hump, which sets up everything you could think of. Too good for 2v1, it looks 20 times better than grab release to grab lol
Be sure to give some tires to gnes, Diddy is good with them too lol

Dekar173

Justice Man
Just like D3 + Wario combo dthrow to fart, you can do a similar thing that walks across the stage.

Banana > fart > banana > fart...

except Diddy ends it with a spike :D

PX I <3 you, someday we will team and win the hearts of millions ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Be sure to take vids, papa PX.

Both characters are stock tanks in doubles, I guess you should choose one "sandbag" that would go all out on the front line while the other teammate is supporting and tanking.
Wario's bite and dthrow both set up a diddy hump, which sets up everything you could think of. Too good for 2v1, it looks 20 times better than grab release to grab lol
Be sure to give some tires to gnes, Diddy is good with them too lol
Ooh, I like this, and I know Gnes loves his Diddy hump.

And I'm gonna be the "sandbag" though usually round these parts I'm considered more of a one man wrecking crew :p

Love that name, btw, Count, we're stealsies

Gnes

Smash Master
Lol yeah im probably only second to DMG/Santi in terms of my camp in teams, only because DMG just doesnt attack and Santi always has the glorious Dojo on his side.

Ill become a doubles god.

:3 inuigum

Dekar173

Justice Man
doubles god? Inui is more of a doubles legendary genius god with a splash of amazing. He's the greatest doubles player that's ever lived.

I heard he was born with two controllers in hand, the extra with which to bestow upon his teammate that he could carry on his back to victory.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
doubles god? Inui is more of a doubles legendary genius god with a splash of amazing. He's the greatest doubles player that's ever lived.

I heard he was born with two controllers in hand, the extra with which to bestow upon his teammate that he could carry on his back to victory.
And then he jumped up to save me! We didn't even say anything!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
how do i do a Weak Glide Toss?
Er... I'm worried this is double posting... But it's the same question, so I don't really have a different answer just because it's a different thread.

The idea is that you're doing your standard throw while sliding; it stems from Glide Dropping, where you Z-Drop an item while sliding. To do it, you press Z or A a few frames later in a Roll than you would to normally Glide Toss. It's not much difference at all, but nonetheless it's an AT and it might have its uses.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
We need get this board more organized. Meaning, we should use the threads that we have. My Critique thread and the video thread are not used to the fullest because people are just posting there own threads for their videos. Also, I think that the video thread should be divided by the players on this board rather than the characters that they are up against.

TreK

Is "that guy"
speaking of the boards, if P1 comes by... Wouldn't it be better for the stage discussion to be one stage at a time instead of one character at a time, like the previous one that was pretty huge ?

Player-1

Smash Legend
speaking of the boards, if P1 comes by... Wouldn't it be better for the stage discussion to be one stage at a time instead of one character at a time, like the previous one that was pretty huge ?
I had that going for a bit but then phaty posted the kind that we have now, personally, I liked his idea more so I just let mine die off

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
A character specific stage thread would be tight. there's a lot that I want to share. :3

tibs7

Smash Champion
gnes is good to watch, dekar and adhd too. they are best to learn off.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So, for the Kongpendium, has there really been nothing of value to add since its last update? I know I must be missing stuff, because it seems really empty.

&& If you know about any older threads, please mention those too.

And as a slightly-related-but-not-really question, what have we, the Diddy boards/mains, been talking about lately? ADHD winning like crazy, of course, but what else?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
ADHD > God.

srsly

How many people have 2-0'd (atleast IIRC it was 2-0) M2K and beaten Ally to win in the same tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom