• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I just spent an hour learning how to PS the lava on norfair.

Norfair is banned in France.

Fml.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I've been practicing Platform Canceling this entire week trying to find a use for it, actually; I wasn't going to post until I found something xD There are no ATs associated with Platform Canceling for Diddy, if that's what you're asking.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
didnt we have a Diddy kong xat? Is it ever used? are we cool enough to use it (like the pikachu mains are)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yes we should be using it.

@greatness:Yup he played like he knew he was gonna lose :S.

Btw guys m2k is in my home town right now!!!!!
Tournament is on this wke. I'll put up s livestream URL so you guys can watch m2k lose to me. =]

Yikarur

Smash Master
Platform Canceling is too good, everyone should use it, but it seems platform canceling is european style =P

tibs7

Smash Champion
Nah it's not that good, but you can gt out of it sometimes I guess :/.

Yeah Europeans spam it so much namely Ramin lol.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Diddy Kong is way too good and in comparison to other Chars he needs a lot of technical skill (don't overrate that term, the most things are easy).
you'll end up happy if you main diddy =D

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Diddy Kong is way too good and in comparison to other Chars he needs a lot of technical skill (don't overrate that term, the most things are easy).
you'll end up happy if you main diddy =D
Yeah I know what you mean. I was trying out Diddy Kong and I have so much fun making people trip with the bannanas even though I suck with them(I just pick them up slowly and stuff) since i don't know how to GT and stuff lol. Oh well I'll learn in time lol.

-Googs

Smash Lord
How do you BDACUS out of glidetoss? at what point can do you input the command? I can BDACUS out of spotdodge and dtilt really well, but i can't get it after a GT at all.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
How do you BDACUS out of glidetoss? at what point can do you input the command? I can BDACUS out of spotdodge and dtilt really well, but i can't get it after a GT at all.
You're just timing it wrong. Remember that you have to enter the command in the last ten frames of an animation (1/6th of a second). If any of the commands are early or late, it won't work. Just practice, you'll get it eventually.

ADHD

Smash Hero
What am I doing wrong vs @-n-ti?

I feel like I'm ALWAYS at a frame advantage. It's like, if I stay still, Metaknight can just tear through that. If I actually move, whoops! FRAME ADVANTAGE POWERSHIELD. Nothing I do seems to matter and it's bull****. You can't punish shuttle loop anymore, you can't get past Metaknight's shield, you can't stop tornado anymore, etc. I think that matchup is becoming hopeless and no one should ever lose with that character lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

I feel like I'm ALWAYS at a frame advantage. It's like, if I stay still, Metaknight can just tear through that. If I actually move, whoops! FRAME ADVANTAGE POWERSHIELD. Nothing I do seems to matter and it's bull****. You can't punish shuttle loop anymore, you can't get past Metaknight's shield, you can't stop tornado anymore, etc. I think that matchup is becoming hopeless and no one should ever lose with that character lol.
MK ***** diddy? not like this is breaking news or anything lol

honestly, after watching the set, you approach way too much without bananas, on top of doing risky ****. Trust me, i like a random fast-falling random fair while going to the ground as much as the next diddy main, but thats a diddy staple that alot of top players are getting used to/expecting more of these days, especially from playing a top diddy like yourself quite a bit over the years

If you are diddy, and you approach MK, and you dont have a banana in your hand, you will lose. Nothing you do will beat him consistently except a nicely timed banana. When you win a faceoff without a banana, be happy you won it, get two bananas out, and play 1000% safer. I could count literally 10-15 seconds some parts of those matches where you weren't pulling bananas out,nor were you trying to get away from him to pull them out.

Also, I have the same problem and my brain is taking forever to get rid of it (but i can still recognize that i have it) is hit confirm. When you go into a combo and do your first hit, you are supposed to wait and see a hit confirm before continuing the combo. For diddys, thats glide tossing a banana forward then immediately running at them to grab or something. Confirm that the banana hit them before running in. It helps to regular throw instead of glide toss to avoid being in bad spacing rage for MK to pick a button and **** you with it.

Edit: if it makes you feel any better, I lol'd at the hump to footstool. I remembered the thread you made along time ago about which chars it worked on, and i remembered it when i gimped ness this past tourney :laugh:

tibs7

Smash Champion

camp scrub.you did none at all.
we should never win the MU though you were right about that.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom