• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Civ 5 *****, i love it.

P-1 my boy mekos said he gave you a run for your money, what happened game three? he said some weird **** off the edge, but didnt go into detail.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yes, I'm afraid of people who are good low tiers >.>

Mekos got the vid and my friend asked if he'd put it up and he said he probably would, but it was going to time last 10 seconds I was at 130% and he was at 127% so he starts running away, it gets to last 3 seconds and he's off stage using his up-b planning on just staying off stage for the last seconds, I drop off stage and midair jump to fair him and it connects, but his up-b connects at the same time cancelling the knockback of the fair, and I got dragged into the up-b with him and we both go off screen to the left, and he died before I did with 1 second on the clock, I saw the %s before he died also and he had 139% and I finished with 140%

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What am I doing wrong vs @-n-ti?

I feel like I'm ALWAYS at a frame advantage. It's like, if I stay still, Metaknight can just tear through that. If I actually move, whoops! FRAME ADVANTAGE POWERSHIELD. Nothing I do seems to matter and it's bull****. You can't punish shuttle loop anymore, you can't get past Metaknight's shield, you can't stop tornado anymore, etc. I think that matchup is becoming hopeless and no one should ever lose with that character lol.
STFU and do it, you did it before and you can do it again. You are the best diddy kong EVERRRRRRR and you ****

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
What am I doing wrong vs @-n-ti?

I feel like I'm ALWAYS at a frame advantage. It's like, if I stay still, Metaknight can just tear through that. If I actually move, whoops! FRAME ADVANTAGE POWERSHIELD. Nothing I do seems to matter and it's bull****. You can't punish shuttle loop anymore, you can't get past Metaknight's shield, you can't stop tornado anymore, etc. I think that matchup is becoming hopeless and no one should ever lose with that character lol.
you don't camp hard enough, i saw your match at ktar 3, u were running blindly into the ****, as if you gave up or something, it was weird, u play completely different against other mks

Plus anti has the best Mk Diddy MU knowledge, even if u have the best knowledge about mk with diddy, he is using the better character so you need to start playing past his level, rather than on it.
- This is keith btw, i switched my name from mongoose.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Matchups really don't matter if one player is above another one in skill. Anti is probably just better than ADHD...

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if this was melee.....

MU count alot in brawl. That's why alot of low tiers beat mks that don't know what they are doing.

im sure tyrant is better than TKD, but he still lost to him. im sure judge is better player than shaky but MLG Columbus would say other wise.

Gnes

Smash Master
you don't camp hard enough, i saw your match at ktar 3, u were running blindly into the ****, as if you gave up or something, it was weird, u play completely different against other mks

Plus anti has the best Mk Diddy MU knowledge, even if u have the best knowledge about mk with diddy, he is using the better character so you need to start playing past his level, rather than on it.
- This is keith btw, i switched my name from mongoose.
Dang keith online reunion :). Gnes+Mongoose+RageDX

Matchups really don't matter if one player is above another one in skill. Anti is probably just better than ADHD...
OH NO HE DIDN'T!?!?!?!
But in all honesty wyatt just needs to actually LOOK at the vids and see what he's doing wrong. It's painfully obvious.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol wus good Gnes.

and props to P1 for being the highest placing diddy at SIEGE. But reflex says you left early. Why?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, I left early cuz my friend's parents drove us and they didn't want to stay so late, I told them that 1 would be the latest and we left at 1:30 because the tournament started 2 hours late so I just had to leave, I would have had to play NL next (which btw, he was the highest placing diddy, but I only saw him go Diddy once, and I'm not even sure if he stayed diddy through the rest of that set)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
NL doesnt count, because he would have been the highest placing ROB/ IC/Pikachu/ Diddy/ Falco/Fox/, everything but PT, snake, and mk.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol...im so angry sometimes when i lose and i feel like i shouldnt have. Although I havn't thrown a controller in over a year, so im doing pretty good as far as that goes :laugh:

Player-1

Smash Legend
There's a set of me vs some random TL if you want to go look for it, but I'm waiting for later today after school when more vids are posted to actually post mine.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol...im so angry sometimes when i lose and i feel like i shouldnt have. Although I havn't thrown a controller in over a year, so im doing pretty good as far as that goes :laugh:
last one was straight at polts knee. too good lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
I threw my controller ad then kicked it across the floor when I lost to m2k. Was epic.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
how do I fight characters that are mostly off the ground? o:
sh/fh throws, peanuts, sideb variations with midairjumps, dash underneath them, some more peanuts, fair is prolly ur best tool next, troll, banana in front of u, peanut again, don't move, raise shield, upsmash oos, uptilt, airdodge on purpose, and those are just the basics :\

@count. yea only the walls of my room have heard and seen my anger. xD i can ONLY imagine what ur wifi thinks of u lol

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i have never raged before.

like hardcore at least, then again i have been playing snake/mk most of brawl, so never really had anything to get upset over. But im sure playing diddy wont get THAT bad lol

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't get angry at Brawl, it just makes you lose. Heck, I SDed twice against a G&W at Siege and still won because I kept my cool; had I gotten upset I probably would have made mistakes and SDed again or something.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Is the DHGR only legit if you have your second jump? I keep on SDing against MKs when I don't have my second jump and I go for it.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Like Kaptain Kong said, you CAN, but I wouldn't recommend it if you've already Double Jumped. Against some characters you'll always get it (there's a link to ADHD's thread about this in the Kongpendium), but against MK you really have to follow his DI and if you miss you're ****ed. I personally would just jump off the MK in that situation, even if I felt I could read his DI. The read is more important than the timing; I've never had trouble Footstooling someone out of a DGHR in terms of timing so long as it was guaranteed DI-wise.

Who here has done it in a tournament set? We all know NinjaLink and ADHD have, those videos are famous. What about the rest of us?

EDIT: At least I'm assuming ADHD has. The NinjaLink video is the one that's really famous.

EDIT 2: How many people have to rate a thread before it shows up that anyone rated it?

EDIT 3: AUSOM HYPE!!! I'm about to go to another tournament, and hopefully this week I'll be bringing home some decent results :D

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I've done it in tourney.

I've also done it to people it's not garunteed on cause I read their DJ... but it was risky as ****.

On a seperate note, are there any Aggro Diddy's left aside from AZ?

Suspect

Smash Hero
I play a aggro diddy, I HAVE timed someone out in tourny tho once....only cause he was trying to time me out, i came back down an entire stock and timed him out.

I need to start camping more in this defensive game.

but im not well known or anything so i guess this post doesn't matter! :D

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Like Kaptain Kong said, you CAN, but I wouldn't recommend it if you've already Double Jumped. Against some characters you'll always get it (there's a link to ADHD's thread about this in the Kongpendium), but against MK you really have to follow his DI and if you miss you're ****ed. I personally would just jump off the MK in that situation, even if I felt I could read his DI. The read is more important than the timing; I've never had trouble Footstooling someone out of a DGHR in terms of timing so long as it was guaranteed DI-wise.

Who here has done it in a tournament set? We all know NinjaLink and ADHD have, those videos are famous. What about the rest of us?

EDIT: At least I'm assuming ADHD has. The NinjaLink video is the one that's really famous.

EDIT 2: How many people have to rate a thread before it shows up that anyone rated it?

EDIT 3: AUSOM HYPE!!! I'm about to go to another tournament, and hopefully this week I'll be bringing home some decent results :D
I did it to t1mmy at MLG orlando =) still lost the set though =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom