• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah true, but falco's is still better :3.

I'm having trouble with the wario mu :(. What is best to do against spaced nair and autocancelled fair?

Edit: I meant ac'ed dair -_-'

Player-1

Smash Legend
have a banana in your hand, SH fair to punish if they mess up spacing/AC.

I have a vid coming up vs falco, a new idea i wanted to try =)

Player-1

Smash Legend
The way I see it (if you get spiked at a high percent) then this just adds to your arsenal or options to choose from giving you a better chance of recovering. Normally you'll be forced to use the up-b and have to hope that the falco doesn't predict when you choose to recover, but like I said it just gives you another option meaning (random number being generated) if the falco has a 1/5 chance of predicting your recovery then you now just increased it a 1/6-7ish chance since there is another option to choose from. Kind of like snake's dthrow since you have 5 options to choose from: roll left, roll right, get up, get up attack, and just waiting there (although this last one could be subdivided into more options when you factor in time) if sakurai added another option let's say get up attack with the roll right/left then that just gave you a 1/7ish chance of predicting him.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeahhhh I dunno man. Kinda makes it easier to hit us out of our barrels if we rise up to them that close. Sure it's another option but....I think it's easily reactable, which means death =\.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
eh if u rise up just enough to where u can land on stage then its k. but its falco's bair thats making this glitch useless against falco's spike :\

Player-1

Smash Legend
they can only hit us out of it if they predict it though, just like any other option we have after the spike, and they won't be predicting it if you use it sparingly and just as a surprise, plus they will only be able to hit it if they predict it early on and back air, if you watch the vid you'll notice that I went into the stage right next to the ledge where falco could really only hit us with a fair which is bad for them offstage, or they could nair, but I think that sends you up.

Player-1

Smash Legend
upon watching it again, falco is still in the dair lag on the way up from the up-b and grabs the ledge right when you're on level with the bottom part of the stage plus the few frames that you have to stay on the ledge and to get off of it and to start up an attack it's actually really safe.

Player-1

Smash Legend
the bair doesn't hit so far in that it hits diddy while he's the slope part of the ledge, and I guess he could dair again, but that'd be hard to hit, if anything he should bair which works I guess, but again he still has to predict and if he messes up then he loses his midair jump.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
you could still use it. Just make it go the other way while still aiming for the stage. Also, there might be no use for this but a while ago, I did a rising up-b OOS without getting hit by anything

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A

so we discussed from months past that u can fsmash/dsmash out of dash

@2:15 it happens...

so...how can diddy utilize this if its useful even at all compared to walking downsmash after trip, etc

edit:
nvm it was a foxtrot...
How do you do it? Don't you have to cancel Diddy's slide or something like that?

Edit: If it was a foxtrot, wouldn't he have buffered a dash attack?

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah I'm not saying you can't use it, I'm just saying that it's going to catch a lot of people offguard if you try it, but if we keep doing it and add it to our metagame then it's going to be AS predictable as the falco trying to predict when we would let go of an up-b regularly, but it increases the odds for us nonetheless.

is this it?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9oqJEXYMM

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nah in mr r's vid it appeared to be a full blown dash(im gonna assume right now its marth's foxtrot...and lol dont get me started on pivot f smashes cuz poltergust is by far the best DOUBLE pivot fsmasher lol

Gnes

Smash Master
Yea i did, and i agree with your reasoning, but adding as the another option is horrible considering its slow>will lead u to getting gimped/more damage

Player-1

Smash Legend
it's not that slow though, I already explained that falco doesn't grab the ledge for a while while you're rising so you're already covered about 4/5ths of the distance before falco can even react to it.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I am having trouble getting the timing down for both the regular grounded B-reversal and the grounded side B-reversal. Although I can do both of them kind of consistently, sometimes instead of doing one, I do the other. Does anyone know what buttons have to be pressed and in what order to consistently do a grounded side B-reversal and regular grounded B-reversal?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
to b reversal u must tap the opposite direction ur facing and then B.

to side b reversal u must tap forward then back and b.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA

note that you have to do the second one in quick succession, but you can do the first one as spaced out as you want

also, grounded b reversal while running is pretty awesome: run forward -> return analog stick to center + B -> back

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Today I was playing in practice mode and I found something that might be useful. It allows you to buffer a dash right out of shield. This is how you do it:

1. shield and tilt the shield forward.
2. shield drop while still holding forward
3.still holding forward, press C-stick down(different characters require different timing)

This allows you to dash immediately OOS. Against certain smammers, this could be a way to get to them faster. Try it and see what you guys can figure out with this.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Today I was playing in practice mode and I found something that might be useful. It allows you to buffer a dash right out of shield. This is how you do it:

1. shield and tilt the shield forward.
2. shield drop while still holding forward
3.still holding forward, press C-stick down(different characters require different timing)

This allows you to dash immediately OOS. Against certain smammers, this could be a way to get to them faster. Try it and see what you guys can figure out with this.
u can buffer anything out of shield drop...including a bdacus :3

Yikarur

Smash Master

Objection!

A B-Reverse is pressing B and then tap the controlstick in the opposite direction.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
does anyone know any good, recent vids against snake?

Gnes were ur vids against Razer uploaded from hobo 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom