• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
Those vids are good. In that set I literally felt aside from playing a little too aggro at some points I was playing Really well and me and razer were playing on the same lvl more or less. I seemed to make a few more mistakes(suicides and other small things) though which cost the set. Also how do u beat snake on castle siege? Cause i usually ban frigate but at this point i dont know which one is worse.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
why not ban halberd? do we have something gay on that stage so snakes don't pick it?

and thanks xiao.

Gnes

Smash Master
halberd isn't really too bad. U need alot of space to work with against snake so when ur on the ship its a awesome place to fight in. People overexaggerate how fast snake kills on that stage. In all my current sets against ally/razer i dont usually lose on halberd, just on frigate/castle siege/rainbow.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You should only pull out Bananas when it's safe to do so, not when you're right next to your opponent. Try B-Throwing them and then pulling a Banana, then pulling the other once you've knocked them away again. Keep playing Diddy and you'll learn when it's a good time to pull out Naners or not.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I’ve been having trouble with something. Whenever I have a banana at hand, I feel vulnerable unless I throw it at the opponent or I get into my shield. I try my hardest not to go into autopilot. One thing I do when I feel like I'm going to go into autopilot is I take a few steps back and see what my opponent is going to do. This is getting me punished a lot by quick attacks like MK's tornado and grab or Snake's dash attack (these attacks poke the back of my shield when I shield while walking away). What do you guys think I should do instead?

I'm starting to think that bananas aren't as great as I thought they were :(:(:(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u can dtilt, u can spotdodge, u can jump, u can double jump, u can airdodge, u can fsmash, u can shield, u can sideb, you can peanut, you can barrel, you can get another banana, you can roll, you can crawl, you can z drop, you can airdodge drop...you can do all the above while holding a banana...you are limitless to what diddy can do with a banana in hand the mixup is wayyy too intense, the reward is way too good compared to the risk of not using "diddy's normals".

besides, bananas are meant to be used as tools. dont make bananas part of the character make it a part of YOU. use the banana not only as a way of gettin free damage but a way to control the stage, limit options, reveal habits, etc.

diddy is too ****ing good.

Count

Smash Champion
I second what gnes says about halberd. I can beat ren on halberd some of the time whereas its auto lose for me against him on some other stages. I also don't think Yoshi's is very bad vs snake, possibly maybe better than battlefield. Its hard for me to punish snake landing on battlefield and I'm beginning to hate the matchup on that stage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
ADHD wins, but before the tournament ADHD and biglou traded names to confuse ppl so biglou really just won, weegee is broken

tibs7

Smash Champion
No he was at his best when he played me, but then he continually versed scrubs and got worse. I was the only person to take games off him ;)....but not rly =X

Sails

Smash Ace
Could anyone share with me the secret of beating Falco's? NE Falco's like Bloodcross are good at not falling for shine baits and I can't figure out what to do anymore.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
no shine. one less option for falco. free punish xD

gratz wyatt man you deserved it finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom