• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So, I figure I should warn you guys (P1 and GDX) that I'm not actually that good (if you haven't seen the videos I posted in the critique thread), and that Siege is my first really big tournament. I'll consider it a success if I can even make it out of pools! xD

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
What am I doing wrong vs @-n-ti?

I feel like I'm ALWAYS at a frame advantage. It's like, if I stay still, Metaknight can just tear through that. If I actually move, whoops! FRAME ADVANTAGE POWERSHIELD. Nothing I do seems to matter and it's bull****. You can't punish shuttle loop anymore, you can't get past Metaknight's shield, you can't stop tornado anymore, etc. I think that matchup is becoming hopeless and no one should ever lose with that character lol.
I saw your first match against Anti. Monkey flip kick against MK's shield is a bad idea. you're going to get naired every time he shields it. If MK is charging his F-smash while you are holding on to the ledge, this is a good time for you to get back on the stage with a ledge jump. You don't want to be anywhere near that swords range when he throws out that F-smash. Those are the only two problems I saw.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So, I figure I should warn you guys (P1 and GDX) that I'm not actually that good (if you haven't seen the videos I posted in the critique thread), and that Siege is my first really big tournament. I'll consider it a success if I can even make it out of pools! xD
wait, siege is pools?

and nah its k, you main diddy so you automatically get a hug/handshake/friendship/props in my book :laugh:

-Googs

Smash Lord
Just having some fun with platform canceling, found out
Jump>Diddy hump kick>Platform cancel>Diddy hump opposite direction.

Don't need to land, and can get your up+B if you kick. Seemed pretty cool to me.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
@Citrus I think this is what felix was trying to show us a couple months back. theres a thread about it somewhere

-Googs

Smash Lord
ah never saw it, if it's old news then disregard it. It's a neat mind-game i thought, you can even change them off-edge with it if you just go the same direction twice.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u can do its on ANY ledge and its a great anti-ledge strategy cuz it can be completely safe and the mixup that comes with it is just extraordinary

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Oh, well, if I don't lose twice immediately I'll feel proud xD

EDIT: So I REALLY want to make it onto the AL PR because I *think* I'm better than #10 and possibly #9, but I haven't been to nearly enough tournaments to prove it. My play style is far from consistent, seeing as the only truly good player I have to play against here is JMIX, and I only get to play him once weekly at best. I have my regular group of friends I play with frequently, but none of them are very good. My question therefore is: is it hurting my skill to play not-so-good players regularly, and only playing good players occasionally? IE, should I keep doing what I'm doing and just go to more tournaments (the idea being I would only be playing good people when I attend them), or should I seek out JMIX or something and just play against him for hours?

EDIT 2: JMIX would easily be on the PR if he actually went to tournaments... When he's really concentrating, he's pretty **** good.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings

I feel like I'm ALWAYS at a frame advantage. It's like, if I stay still, Metaknight can just tear through that. If I actually move, whoops! FRAME ADVANTAGE POWERSHIELD. Nothing I do seems to matter and it's bull****. You can't punish shuttle loop anymore, you can't get past Metaknight's shield, you can't stop tornado anymore, etc. I think that matchup is becoming hopeless and no one should ever lose with that character lol.
i think its more-so anti knows how to play you and knows your habits.

Gnes

Smash Master

lol same ole wyatt. U'll figure it out. But half of the problem is your style is the hasn't changed for a year now. But i do agree with u on some of that stuff.

ADHD

Smash Hero
i think its more-so anti knows how to play you and knows your habits.
Well, yeah. Metaknight is the only character he beats me with now though.

lol same ole wyatt. U'll figure it out. But half of the problem is your style is the hasn't changed for a year now. But i do agree with u on some of that stuff.
And somehow that hasn't ever been a problem, LOL. I've just constantly added onto it and tried to patch the holes and it's proven pretty successful, it's just Metaknight can break everything, idk. I guess I'll have to try super hard reads yo.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
See you guys as Siege tomorrow. I'm making a point to meet as many of you as I can find. Again, I think I'll be the only one wearing a bicycle chain as a bracelet.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I mean, I'm da bess see.
You beat every other MK besides Me/Tyrant.

Or maybe your allergic to *****-knights?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think I was the highest placing diddy as Siege (besides NL who barely used him). I was still in the tournament, but had to forfeit due to it lasting so late so I only lost to afro thunder in somewhat close games. I had a full stock advantage over him because I destroyed him first stock then he got momentum and destroyed me and made it even, then I SDed and he ended up 2 stocking me, 2nd game I got him to last stock middish percentage.

Had my most intense match against Mekos a Lucas player. 2 stocked him game 1, he beat me game 2 I was forced to approach because it was going to time and he had percent lead and I did some crazy stuff that hoped it would work, but it didn't and I got killed like with 30 secs left. Game 3 was on smashville It started going to time again with me at the percent disadvantage and every time I caught up he would pull away and then it was 10 seconds left me at 130% and him at 127% and starts to run away and jumps off screen and uses his up-b in last 5 seconds so I drop down and Fair him, but his up-b hit at the same time and I got caught in with it and we both zoomed off the stage and he died first with 1 second left in the game, before he died I saw the percent and he had 139 and I had 140, match got recorded too.

edit: I beat some wario player BMX and then had to go so I let him advance to play NL so I didn't get to =(

tibs7

Smash Champion
Wow playing m2k was a huge wake up call.
Playing him made me feel awkward. Like as in my playstyle was totally different to how it normally is with the 2 bananas and peanuting.
I wasn't getting gimped much coz my recovery mixup were pretty **** good. But I could never really get past tornado on the ledge.=\ I just was never really thinking about what I was doing. I wish I played more against him so I could get used to it.

When I had him spotdodging it was so good. Sometimes he had no idea what was going on which was cool. But yah took way too much % when getting back into position.....
I honestly thought he would be better, maybe he wasn't trying.....I'll get better though.

Also do you guys know of Hall? Snake main who is like the coolest guy ever?he was taking games off m2k was so good to watch. He's so smart as well, best snake player I think, even though I raaaaaped him hard.

More vent/thoughts later

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I never thought of this before but it seems like a great idea. Why don't we do the barrel boost glitch when we get spiked by characters at low to mid percents?

At tibs, Hall is a great snake and he has one of the most unique snakes I have ever seen. His matches are really fun to watch

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea jebus im sorry man :\ we understand ur new to diddy and stuff but we have all been through what uv been through already

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
I never thought of this before but it seems like a great idea. Why don't we do the barrel boost glitch when we get spiked by characters at low to mid percents?

At tibs, Hall is a great snake and he has one of the most unique snakes I have ever seen. His matches are really fun to watch
I won a match cause of barrel boost glitch :O he spiked me and i ended spiking him :O

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'll get them up, only got 3 sets up

vs mekos which was the closest set i played all day
vs Dragon some random TL that I kinda sandbagged since he was kind of a random and it was 2nd round bracket
vs Afro which I'm kind of glad, I want to see what I did wrong, even though I figured out what I was doing wrong during the set and for some reason I just couldn't adjust myself to it, Kismet told me a habit I was doing which I knew I was doing in the set, but for some reason I just kept doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom