• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Holy **** I thought we talked about Diddy Kong in here

EDIT: P1 nath'd

EDIT 2: Epic avatar ADHD

EDIT 3: Do we get chaingrabbed by Pikachu at all? I thought everybody gets CG'd by him at certain percents.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Every top diddy has a set facial expression throughout their entire time playing.

ADHD- Mad
Gnes- Confused
Felix- near tears
Ninjalink- depressed

tibs7

Smash Champion
Took games off m2k, I don't see why he's winnin mlg's if I'm taking games :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
Every top diddy has a set facial expression throughout their entire time playing.

ADHD- Mad
Gnes- Confused
Felix- near tears
Ninjalink- depressed
are you implying that these people are better than me?

Next time i 2 stock ADHD on skyworld over wifi I'll get a replay so that way peeps actually believe me.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Did you know you could crawl under snake's bananas if he throws them and you are close enough to him? should work with his grenades too

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yes, you don't have to crawl if you're close enough and can just stand...
LOVE doing this when im near their ftilt range cuz once they throw the banana just pull out ur ftilt/throw nana/dtilt/sideb and commence offstage game :3

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So, several people in the BBR wanted to put Diddy above Snake on the Tier List v5.

Discuss.

EDIT: **** it P1 how did you get that 10 thing by your character? Is it there forever?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
So, several people in the BBR wanted to put Diddy above Snake on the Tier List v5.

Discuss.

EDIT: **** it P1 how did you get that 10 thing by your character? Is it there forever?
I think Diddy has potential to go up on the tier list. I just don't think that he is being used to his fullest potential.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Snakes still better than Diddy, and idk what could have happened recently to make people think otherwise. Also snakes more likely to have better doubles results than Diddy kong. He's more common in dubz than diddy and much easier for a teammate to work with.

I'm interested to hear the argument on how Diddy> Snake but I really don't see it

Masuko93

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be a good idea to approach with a gt? I think you can gt, and then either grab or jab pretty fast since diddy ends up facing the opponent, if you gt towards him You don't have to throw at your opponent, you can throw it up or down too.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Just make sure you are at a distance were you can't get shield grabbed.

This has also been on my mind for a pretty long time. I know that this has happened to everyone at least once. Why is it that when we face MKs, we think that We can punish their Dair camping with U -airs even when they don't hit our shield? We also throw our bananas even though we know for a fact that they are most likely not going to get hit by them. Here are good examples of the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjEPprMdQRk&feature=related First 16 sec throws his bananas even though they have no chance of hitting MK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABOpIyGHfg First 8 sec throws out a U-air (but doesn't get punished).

We should really fix this problem.

Masuko93

Smash Rookie
what I meant was to use the glidetoss to be facing the opponent after a "roll" towards them

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be a good idea to approach with a gt? I think you can gt, and then either grab or jab pretty fast since diddy ends up facing the opponent, if you gt towards him You don't have to throw at your opponent, you can throw it up or down too.

This guy is a revolutionist.

Just make sure you are at a distance were you can't get shield grabbed.

This has also been on my mind for a pretty long time. I know that this has happened to everyone at least once. Why is it that when we face MKs, we think that We can punish their Dair camping with U -airs even when they don't hit our shield? We also throw our bananas even though we know for a fact that they are most likely not going to get hit by them. Here are good examples of the two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjEPprMdQRk&feature=related First 16 sec throws his bananas even though they have no chance of hitting MK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABOpIyGHfg First 8 sec throws out a U-air (but doesn't get punished).

We should really fix this problem.

Mostly because it creates pressure with the wall and peanuts and stuff.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
My friend wants to know what to do vs a Falco who spams reflector.
inb4 side b that is too linear

tibs7

Smash Champion
What is safeish to do against a planking pit, everytime I killed him I would have to take a risk at running off stage and fair him. I don't want to continue to do that since he'll probs see it coming next time. :(. I still win the set, but it's way closer than it should be =\

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
What is safeish to do against a planking pit, everytime I killed him I would have to take a risk at running off stage and fair him. I don't want to continue to do that since he'll probs see it coming next time. :(. I still win the set, but it's way closer than it should be =\
Throw bananas at him and try to power shield his arrows

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Crawl.

EDIT: No but seriously he's being too predictable if he's getting reflected that much. That's a general Diddy problem, something he'll fix with time.
******* 1:37 pm
(1:37:03 PM): im not even throwing banana
(1:37:04 PM): or anything
(1:37:07 PM): he just spam reflector at nothing

He said that^

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Tell him to learn how to smash and dtilt with a bananer in yur hand? :I

Iunno mangz, monkey flip [kick] is prolly the best option. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom