• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Like the Japanese?
The difference is though that they play out the sudden death if it ever
goes to time.
But nahh otherwise I think 8mins is fine.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
8 mins is fine for me. ive had matches come close to time and even timed someone out (once) but I dont really see a need to extend the time yet.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol why dont we do 99 seconds like all other fighting games... nah 8 min is jus fine!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'd rather play against a **** who wants to time me out for 8 minutes than 10 minutes. They'll try it either way, and the latter just wastes two more minutes of my life. 8 is fine.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
For me this is mainly to fix MUs like DDD and Peach which usually end with one player either blindingly approaching after losing the lead and getting destroyed or by time out.

Smash Ace
I havent been given enough reasons 2 want 10 mins just for a 3 stock match. also in that exact instance i saw a few peach v d3 matches this weekend (for some odd reason) and they didnt seem to last more than around 5 mins or so.

I dont even see why running the clock for 8 mins is considered that bad. if someones ONLY GOAL is to do that the entire match and they legitimately achieve it then they deserve that win imo.

Smash Ace
i play a d3 very frequently...that mu doesnt take nearly that long, nor does the peach mu. 10 minutes just isnt needed

Player-1

Smash Legend
I was playing wifi, and I did some weird thing with the fsmash I think where I did a standing fsmash (i did it with A) and I did the first hit regularly and then the 2nd hit took like a step back and did it, kind of like a stutter step except it happened during the fsmash (b/w the first and 2nd hits) at least I think I did that, I forgot to get the replay, so I may ave just been seeing things, but that's what it looked like for me.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
An F-Smash where you moved during the F-Smash? What character where you playing against? I'd be willing to bet that Windboxes played a subtle part, though that depends entirely on the other character. Wish you saved the replay to confirm :\

EDIT: Would we ever want to step back before the longer-ranged portion of our F-Smash anyway?

Smash Ace
Itd be super awesome to extend it as its happening but idk how thats possible. who were you fighting anyway?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Was he using his Jab Combo (it has Windboxes, right? Or am I thinking of Fox or something?)? F-Smash (I'm almost sure this has them if you're far enough away)?

If not, and this is real, it *could* be an interesting AT, if not just for Diddy.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
wuts lol is that i just joined aib like yesterday and im already learning a matchup xD

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Very bad idea, lol.
Really? Because the reason I posted that was because I saw MikeHaze do it to you a lot and not get punished. In fact, He punished you for continuing your D-tilts despite the fact that he was already behind you.

vato_break

Smash Master
Really? Because the reason I posted that was because I saw MikeHaze do it to you a lot and not get punished. In fact, He punished you for continuing your D-tilts despite the fact that he was already behind you.
Theoretically it's not safe because if the metaknight reads the roll he call easily dsmash. i'm just a dumb player

DFEAR

Smash Hero
expect...how could u mispell that bro o.o i could understand accept and except...but expect!?

Smash Ace
Hey Player 1 did the f-smash actually connect? or was it a whiffed f-smash with the weird sliding thing?

Smash Ace
yeah what the hell is that? im pretty sure sheik doesnt have a windbox on her jab...It doesn't really matter much because this thing isn't useful, but then again we have nothing else to talk about sooo

Edit: I talked to my friend judo (a sheik main) and apparently she does have a windbox on her jab flurry. In this case I would assume falco has a windbox on his flurry as well. So this is how it happened I guess :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom