• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Aww <3 Felix

I don't know about invincibility frames... My version of PSA is timer-based, not frame-based, so it is a lot harder for me to figure out stuff like that. I got the tripping frame data using frame advance, which is a bad way to determine invisibility frames xD

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
timers = frames, as is the case in most PSA builds <_<

So this is half for us and half for the public. I think it would be good to just put this out there, so we can make sure that our frame data is correct.

Alright, so we all know that in PSA, you can view the frame data for characters. However, the way this works can confuse lots of people. Things such as ZSS's and Squirtle's "0 Frame" Jabs, when we just consider them frame 1. So instead we adopted the system of adding one to what we see in PSA.

However, is this completely correct to just add 1? No.

People that say that ZSS's Jab comes out frame 0 are technically correct. However, the frame 0 is a misconception. It is actually the PSA frame 0. In PSA, the frames is spits out are not actually the frames seen in game. Instead, they are the parts in-between each frame. They are the inputs. So I would rather refer to the number that PSA spits out as "input" so ZSS's Jab would be considered Frame 1, Input 0.

For the rest, refer to this visualization:

This is a representation of a move I made up (the frame data would be so lulzy). Imagine that they grey part is the start-up of the move, the red part the hitbox of the move and the white part the cool-down.

Now in OSA2/PSA the picture would look like the following (in this example, this is Captain Falcon's jab1)
Code:
---Start---
[B]Asynchronous Timer - Frames=2.00x,[/B]
Offensive Collision - Hitbox stuff...
[B]Asynchronous Timer - Frames=8.00x,[/B]
Terminate Collisions
[B]Asynchronous Timer - Frames=10.00x,[/B]
Allow Interrupt
---End---
Now I believe that we can all agree on that the hitbox starts on Frame 3. This follows the +1 rule. As you can see, it also follows the I2. So that is entirely correct. Now, if we were to follow the +1 rule. The hitbox would last until frame 9. But would that mean that frame 9 has the hitbox out or gone? This is where the +1 rule leaves much to be desired. But, if we are to use the inputs, we can see that it is indeed not out on frame 9. This is because we are reading this as the game would read it. It would read that the collisions are terminated on Input 8. Therefore, the following frame has no collisions because they were eliminated during Input 8.

Using the the "Input" instead of the "Frame" system helps us to realize things easier like the FAF. Lets take for example the move above. Is the FAF Frame 10 or Frame 11. Well, based on the Input, which is Input 10, we can see that the following frame, Frame 11 is allowing the interrupt.

TL;DR - When you refer to numbers from PSA/OSA2, start using the number it has and say it's the Input and not the frame. (ex. ZSS's Jab is I0)
edit: disregard this, thought you were saying something else

tibs7

Smash Champion
Ingulit I think there's a social group for that stuff. Just search for a group 'tournament directors' or something...:)

goodnight everyone.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I say that right now, the four top characters on the tier list are perfect. At one point, the Official SWF Brawl Rankings list was 1. M2K, 2. Ally, 3. ADHD, 4. DEHF which I thought was funny. I think that Diddy Kong should not be lower than 3rd.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
adhd may have the best diddy combo video overall but i have the best clip hahahaha

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i'm pretty sure i'm going, but i'm gonna have to make up 20 hours of studying to do it. :\

tibs7

Smash Champion
I thinK diddy will move down, and falco will take his place.
Snake should stay there coz he's hella stupid broken, it's only snake mains that say he should move down >.>, idiots.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Trolling is what happens in dbr. Nothing else.
Combo vid made me hungry...

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Damage Per Hit

Check it out guys, has full data for Diddy (just need info on his Popgun Frame Data)
i dont know how far you want to go into this, but the banana damage is VERY dependent on distance/strength of your throw

if you smash throw it down, it does 8%, and a Z-drop does about 1%

still though, great thread!

Laem

Smash Champion
lol ive seen phineys sig come n pass but only just now decided to click it and LMAO i should've done that way earlier

JOE!

Smash Hero
i dont know how far you want to go into this, but the banana damage is VERY dependent on distance/strength of your throw

if you smash throw it down, it does 8%, and a Z-drop does about 1%

still though, great thread!
yeah, I just didnt see the info for that anywhere, unlike peach with her turnips...

So I couldnt really make a chart for it :p

TreK

Is "that guy"
Does every animation of a thrown banana has a different name in the stale list or is 'banana hit' a single move ?

In the first case, it would be great for us : by mixing up between tilt, smash and normal thrown bananas, we could refresh our movelist and have a greater damage output. Weak glide tosses are normal banana throws, btw.
In the second case... Nothing changes much for me. I'd still spam bananas and dtilts like a ******.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, it doesnt for peach's turnips as each has a different animation and damages...

so i dont see why not for Diddy's nannerz

sai_:)

Smash Ace
hmmm so can we get a official answer on this? if each different way a banana( or turnip i suppose) is thrown counts as performing a different move?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Banane hits overall are one subject on the stale list.
Banane Drop does not show up on the stale list at all but DownB.

Same for Peach, Item drop doesn't count and throws count as one.
a fresh stich face does 42% but the most of you have never seen that because the move is always stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom