• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
down is the fastest and has least recovery time according to this.
Ok then my mistake.

The only jab to grab setups that works in this game are ike(only jab to grab, not jab>jab>grab), Falcon and Luigi. Stop gettin slapped by peach. It doesnt work.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Use grenades, pivot grab, tech chase then utilt you win.
Snakes favour eaaaaazy

solecalibur

Smash Master
I understand but there are more emo snake mains then you oh so optimistic diddy mains here and calling it 50/50 and that's a load of crap honestly

tibs7

Smash Champion
I dont understand what you just said :/. You saying the snake mains over there are complaining how hard diddy is? Lol they must be terrible players then.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I dont understand what you just said :/. You saying the snake mains over there are complaining how hard diddy is? Lol they must be terrible players then.
yup agreed. snake is an obviously better character than diddy

tibs7

Smash Champion
I think you just had an orgasm over luigi's jab and then realized wtf you were doing

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yeah definitely, plus diddy works like twice as hard at that matchup
You also have to realize when people pick snake they are well aware that they are going to get Combo'd from like 0 - 50 if they make one wrong move in the beginning of the match but the weight neutralizes this decision to pick snake , of course they live to 200~ while you guys live to 100~? So you guys do have more work but its easier to juggle and combo him which is why it's argue'd its even, but that still is a load of crap lol

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
we have to combo, you have to ftilt. ftilt does around 23% while we die at like 110%. thats about 1/5 ratio while "combos" do 50% and you die at around 170sh% i would say.

It's much harder to maintain a combo while its much easier to press side on the control stick and A at the same time.

and you have so many more kill options while snake presses b and lives and lives and lives.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Not to mention the fact that if diddy and snake are trading hits...were ****ed. Snake can trade with diddy all day without much to worry about.

Its not like some god awful matchup but snake clearly has an advantage over diddy

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If diddy kong runs away from snake, then there is no way he can get the kill. Diddy kong has the ability to set up a kill on snake form a safe distance while snake has to approach us for the kill

Player-1

Smash Legend
that's the case for most o the cast though and is pretty much exactly what I'm thinking about all the time when I'm at kill percents

tibs7

Smash Champion
Finally, I found the social board for dK.
lol what you finally found it, how long were you looking for rofl.

n dfear, how are you not PR'ed imma go to your thread and see whats up
and btw cbf'ed critiquing those matches verse seibrik :S i hate d3 and your better anyway.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dood its impossible being pr in florida as diddy i have to fight ppl who i personally taught the matchup to : < too bad they didnt teach me vice versa except for seibrik cuz hes cool lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
only true benefit of fighting someone knowing the matchup is that the player himself must win no such thing as a character john now.

tibs7

Smash Champion
what do you guys do to avoid nades?
cuz i can like never get away from them. they keep coming and i can never throw the nana coz when i do it will make the grenade blow up in my face and then if i jump and throw the snake just shields and he has one of my bananas :( ughhhhhhhhhh i hate snake soooooo much, i could ***** all day about him :)

if it were tourny i would time them out so badly but its friendlies :(
please help

@dfear: yeahhhh that kinda sucks, dont be so nice! i dont think ive really been asked to teach someone the diddy MU thankgod. but dfear i kinda know how you feel, my bro is a snake main and he knows the MU extremely well and yeah when snake learns bananas it is a terrible sight -_-' luckily enough he loses to randoms in tourny (cuz he sucks bad, he just thinks hes amazing no joke) so i still win :D

/rant

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm going to a tourney fest this weekend! I have to win at least one tournament before this summer ends..

TreK

Is "that guy"
I taught my whole crew the diddy matchup.
That way, they **** every other Diddy in tourneys, except me cus I taught them how to counter normal Diddies, not the gimmicky, random ones I'm part of. I place better than those Diddies because my crew filters them now, and it makes me look like I'm good.

It's all about the mindgames, bros.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dood its impossible being pr in florida as diddy i have to fight ppl who i personally taught the matchup to : < too bad they didnt teach me vice versa except for seibrik cuz hes cool lol
nope not impossible

CO18

Smash Hero
What? how would it be impossible lol. You guys just need to step it up.

Everyone on the pr is pretty good vs diddy, seibrik probably being the worst but diddy still goes even with/has adv on like all of our chars lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom