• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Accidentally came up with an interesting use of the banana+forward smash AT. If you use Z to grab a banana on the ground before you touch the ground from falling and continue holding Z, you can hit the cstick left of right at the same time as hitting Z making you grab the banana and instantly charge a forward smash. You can also just tap Z with the cstick to instantly forward smash.

It's nothing special, and probably has been talked about before, but I figured I'd share it anyways. Most people wouldn't approach if you were falling on to a banana regardless due to instant throw/glide toss, but it could maybe be a neat change-up if they do come in close.
isn't this just a different use of "doing a smash attack while holding an item?"

its an interesting mixup tho

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
isn't this just a different use of "doing a smash attack while holding an item?"

its an interesting mixup tho
It sounds like a way to fall onto a Banana and F-Smash with it hand very suddenly to me, which is silly but cool.

It also sounds like an easier way to perform the F-Smash with a Banana because you don't have to claw or change your controls to do it. Holding Z is much easier than holding A if you're trying to use the C-Stick.

In short, I think this info is cool.

inb4old :041:

PractiseCactus

Smash Rookie
Thanks avarice and inguilt. Going to jump right into practice, next on my to do list are instant throws, and I'll mess around with double banana locking and the wall infinite to keep things interesting.

Edit: oops this is redrighthand. Accidently posted on my mates account, cheers guys.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
had like 50 matches with seibrik (d3 only since mk/snake is meh <3 seeeebrik) will upload like 5 later...matchup truly defines hit-n-run/camping >_> hope u guys enjoy matches with me running away and winning lol...except for one match where i decided to approach ;_;...never again.

(btw he will go exclusively d3 against diddy...lol losing to felix n all xDDDD...tho <3 felix but stil xDDDDDDD)

i hate when diddy REQUIRES a lead to win.

@practice cactus...
i would practice the basic of the game first before heading deep into banana play.
learn to bait airdodges/landings/ certain attacks and punish appropriately with either a well placed banana or spaced move/shield...etc. yea practice o.o

DFEAR

Smash Hero
later a good thing to practice is
-place a banana in front of u no matter the distance between u and the banana itself
-see what the cpu/little brother(sister) does cuz of this banana
-x,y,z
-punish

of course the middle is a variable where u can insert actions that u want to do like i dunno peanut, sh randomly, have another banana or w.e. this is what we know as a simple wall/obstacle. u can move this wall and form it into any shape or u can spice up this wall with a few thorns like ur fair, bair or w.e

learn what u can or cannot do when someone reacts a certain way according to what you're doing if that made any sense. it helps to adapt, hell u SHOULD be adapting (adaptive player is better than a reactive player imo)

Sails

Smash Ace
It sounds like a way to fall onto a Banana and F-Smash with it hand very suddenly to me, which is silly but cool.
Yeah, it's exactly this. You can fall on a banana and catch it plus do an instant forward smash at the same time. It's silly, but it might come up where you could use it just once! :laugh:

Of course, you roll if you keep holding Z afterwards and try to move :(

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I'm going to start playing without glide tossing for a while. When ever I have a banana at hand, it's really hard for me to just trow it without glide tossing it and sometimes it gets me into trouble. So no more glide tossing for a while :( :( :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm going to start playing without glide tossing for a while. When ever I have a banana at hand, it's really hard for me to just trow it without glide tossing it and sometimes it gets me into trouble. So no more glide tossing for a while :( :( :(
this can be applied to snakes/d3's ftilt. a normal throw works best for the situation. but a glide toss however...yea...:\

TreK

Is "that guy"
Vade retro, bananas !

You really don't need to quit glide tossing... like that.
Well, you know what works best for you, I guess.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Its a pretty easy habit to break if you play a d3 all the god **** time...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
not really. I just don't think that someone should win by % when they time the other person out. This was just a rule that the TO's added to save a couple of minutes and it really hurts the game.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
i will still place, i beat you with tkd's ruleset remember?
yeah but then you started *****ing when we continued using the ruleset. I found something useful for diddy kong. I while ago Vyse posted http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278033 this up. Well, today I found out that you can buffer a grab before the shield animation comes out. first you have to know when is the earliest frame the shield comes out after the throw. then you have to input the grab before the shield animation comes out.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Would someone be able to either direct where to look/give me advice for the ice climbers MU?

EDIT: Derp, derp. Ignore that post: It was an easy find, I was just lazy...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well jebus...AT LEAST it isn't as stupid as not using bananas...i'll give you that one
i lold.

you have to learn how to not use bananas...WITH bananas :p if u understand that concept.

anyway...ty lee sucks. always and forever.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Okay, I was playing vs my friend (Falco)
and I was Up bing off stage, but when I was charging the up b, Diddy began to rise in the air...

What is this????

tibs7

Smash Champion
You used your dj and upb at the same time when you were still going away from the stage. I think that's how it works.

It's sometimes good to use when marth or mk dtilts you off stage at highish percents. But yeah not to useful.......

Kaffei

Smash Hero
That's what I was trying to do after I saw it, I couldn't replicate it.
Is it really frame specific or am I just doing it wrong

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone has found out how to do it intentionally. :I It only happens out of being hit from what I know/have experienced. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom