• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb?

Smash Journeyman
Use one banana and hide behind it forever.. Just fair his shield if he approaches but be careful if he spotdodges. If he shoots fireballs then pick it up and chuck it within their lag. If he picks it up running shield and grab. The moment you pull out two is the moment he has a new option to fight this.

You'd think it wasn't that easy.. but it really is.

ok thanks for answering my question

sai_:)

Smash Ace
so are you talking about keeping that one banana in hand or just having it on the ground in front?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
How do I fight ICs with Diddy?
And what are some tips for dribbling? I read the threads but I don't get it really..
Like if I glide toss backwards while throwing down I can pick it up again with A before the slide ends, but how do I do it while going forward? I have to like turn around super fast or what?

Smash Ace
How do I fight ICs with Diddy?
And what are some tips for dribbling? I read the threads but I don't get it really..
Like if I glide toss backwards while throwing down I can pick it up again with A before the slide ends, but how do I do it while going forward? I have to like turn around super fast or what?
Just try to pivot after you glide toss it down wards. I wanna say you can "buffer" the turn around but I'm not sure on the specifics on how it works and I don't want to mislead you.

and as far as fighting IC's I say camp the balls off of them. Its a really really weird and busy matchup.

Count

Smash Champion
I've found being aggro vs ICs way better and I suck at being aggro..

but i could definitely be missing something. I always kinda wing that matchup.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
what move are you supposed to use to momentum cancel? Is it your fastest aerial or the one that finishes the fastest?

Yikarur

Smash Master
second one. You cancel your hitstun and then jump because jump gives you the greatest momentum brake.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
but you can do 2 fairs out of a short hop and while you can also do this with air dodge, it takes longer for that second air dodge to come out

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
jebus, look at the last page for momentum cancelling stuff. we just had an impromptu discussion about it

ive personally found it to be for my benefit to be careful aggro against ICs. As in, aggro, but never forgetting about spacing in case theres a break in my attack pattern of bananas and whatnot. nothing worse than being all up in an IC's *** only to miss one banana throw due to get up invincibility and getting grabbed :(

and of course, always killing the ***** nana

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yo who else gets mad that the likes of strawberry kind mate with our fellow banana brethren and create such abominations like a strawberry and banana milkshake...**** that **** i want ONLY banana

NANA POWERRRRRRR
and sum peanuts too
player-1 was here editing dfear's post

:190:

tibs7

Smash Champion
is there quality smash in New York?
if i win this nintendo connection tour tomorrow i win flights to new york and shiz.
comp shouldnt be to hard either woo
wish me luck.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well jus think bout like this...new york is quite close to new jersey xDDDDDDDD

@fighting lucario.

kill him befo he kills u

tibs7

Smash Champion
ahhk so its near adhd's smash state ey?
dfear your coming down to a jersey tournament if i win kk

tibs7

Smash Champion
If they send me over the week when mlg is on I will definitely attend.
Remember this is if I actually win.

Smash Ace
if you are fighting lucario be absolutely sure you save your kill moves till atleast 150. if your stuff ends up stale your essentially ****ed.

a surprisingly good kill move in the MU is u-tilt. killing him horizontally is a pain most of the time but he dies pretty easily vertically.

umm some lucarios enjoy rolling since their roll is so dumb so maybe keep a banana behind you?

and they may sometimes attempt to dair your shield since they can get away with it pretty frequently but as long as you shield it properly (which is easy because our shield is ******** :p) you should be able to punish that with u-tilt.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
if you are fighting lucario be absolutely sure you save your kill moves till atleast 150. if your stuff ends up stale your essentially ****ed.

a surprisingly good kill move in the MU is u-tilt. killing him horizontally is a pain most of the time but he dies pretty easily vertically.

umm some lucarios enjoy rolling since their roll is so dumb so maybe keep a banana behind you?

and they may sometimes attempt to dair your shield since they can get away with it pretty frequently but as long as you shield it properly (which is easy because our shield is ******** :p) you should be able to punish that with u-tilt.
lol, no way that shieldrop->utilt is faster than dair-> another dair from lucario...
mostly just fair oos or uair oos, but your timing must be at least decent, or you'll eat 21% -.-

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Acton and I'm a falco main.

Diddy is one of the harder MU's for me personally and I'm trying to step it up. So I'm looking for any diddy mains that want to play friendlies on wifi on a regular basis. Unfortunately I work full time so I'm usually on from 12am-4am est, plus the weekends.

I'm also looking for general tips on the Diddy Falco mu, like how I should approach this MU, whether or not diddy uses any gimmicks to beat falco etc.

My aim is xXAccalonXx, feel free to hit me up between 12am-4am est or leave a message for me on aim. I'm on the whole weekend!

Thanks!

Smash Ace
@Grizzer its been working just fine for me, If Fair is faster than i could start going for it but u-tilts never let me down in that situation

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
but you can do 2 fairs out of a short hop and while you can also do this with air dodge, it takes longer for that second air dodge to come out
what

You can make two B-airs come out of a short hop but you can't do two F-airs or any other aerial. Out of B-air you can do any aerial.

Sai helped me in the Lucario match-up by just saying, "Don't approach."

Sails

Smash Ace
Someone mentioned this a little while back in another thread...
"dropping banana during hitstun"

What is this, if even legit? I'm curious how this works/what it's good for.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Someone mentioned this a little while back in another thread...
"dropping banana during hitstun"

What is this, if even legit? I'm curious how this works/what it's good for.
Well, it's a normal phenomenon, but you can mash R+A to maximize the chances of it happening, it gets you out of :
-MK's tornado sometimes (be sure you are on the good side of MK, or make sure he is stationnary... If he isn't, it's better to just keep your banana to have another option when he'll start juggling you after the nado),
-peach's dair strings almost every time,
-ICs infinites (after a couple throws if you're unlucky),
-I read it could make you avoid DDD's and Falco's CG but I haven't got any opportunity to test it myself.

That's all I got, maybe there's more.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So I've got this super hot vid of MikeHAZE on my wii that I'm gonna be uploading within the next week.

It was so cool he had the TO watch it before he played his next match.

Just saying.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
How do I fight Fox
Fawks vs. Diddeh is...uhh. :[ Throw naners in the air to cut him off and run in to attack. I would say full jump Fair if they're in the air but use the MFK if they're grounded. Somebody else should probably explain. x3

How do I fight Marth
Have a naner in front of you and one in your hand, then camp from behind the naner. Run to the other side of the naner if he goes above the peanuts or the peanuts don't stop his aerial approach. You can also wait and punish when he lands which is the best idea imo. It's easy. :B

How do I fight Wario
Punish his landings. Get him to approach by camping behind naners and Fair him whenever he gets close. Just don't let him air camp you. _._

Sails

Smash Ace
Well, it's a normal phenomenon, but you can mash R+A to maximize the chances of it happening, it gets you out of :
-MK's tornado sometimes (be sure you are on the good side of MK, or make sure he is stationnary... If he isn't, it's better to just keep your banana to have another option when he'll start juggling you after the nado),
-peach's dair strings almost every time,
-ICs infinites (after a couple throws if you're unlucky),
-I read it could make you avoid DDD's and Falco's CG but I haven't got any opportunity to test it myself.

That's all I got, maybe there's more.
Interesting info. This could use more testing and possibly added to the compendium.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Can't tell if you're being serious or not but in any case, I'll give it a shot.

For Rob stay close enough so that it can't camp you but far enough that you're not within range of its tilts, aerials, and smashes. When you can set up that situation grab a naner and start shooting peanuts. It'll either roll or try to approach with a SHNair or SHFair in which case the roll can be punished, the peanut will beat out the laggy Nair, or the Fair can be avoided and punished. Even if Rob starts edge camping, stay close and pressure but again, stay out of range so when it decides to get onto the stage again you aren't hit and can beat the crap out of him. >:3 Oh right, Usmash is amazing against Rob because they like to drop their shield after like half a second and spotdodge which will get him up in the air and give you an opportunity to juggle. :B

Yus.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Only person I play against regularly is my brother who plays a Falco.

I've read (and experienced) that banana approaches are obviously a bad option because of his reflector. I'm wondering what are my other options along with MFK? I'm fairly inexperienced so all help will be gratefully appreciated :3

Hi, Btw.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Banana approaches aren't bad bro, just keep it with you so he's always thinking bout the nana. Side b ***** a shielded reflector so yeah use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom