• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
do all the hits of diddy's upsmash collide with mk's glide attack? that'd be good to know

Yikarur

Smash Master
Every attack that can clash can clash with glide attack. (one con point for transcendent priority :p )

Gnes

Smash Master
you can SDI out of fox's dair...? >.>
Who ever said fox's dair was good...? >.>

Fox should not be getting above u that easily if ur playing the matchup right. But idk if u were just being sarcastic, probably.

do all the hits of diddy's upsmash collide with mk's glide attack? that'd be good to know
already answered....just shield it or close the distance fast so they cant space it right and shieldgrab.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i saw adhd upsmash a glide attack and I was like hmm that's pretty neat i guess. I just want to know my options. If someone is gliding way above me, i'm not going to upsmash like a ******. better just to wait or fair at a safe distance.

i mean if someone is glide attacking you at your level and you think they might fly by you, you could upsmash OOS real quick and it would punish their attack, and if they try to fly by you. just food for thought i guess

Gnes

Smash Master
i saw adhd upsmash a glide attack and I was like hmm that's pretty neat i guess. I just want to know my options. If someone is gliding way above me, i'm not going to upsmash like a ******. better just to wait or fair at a safe distance.

i mean if someone is glide attacking you at your level and you think they might fly by you, you could upsmash OOS real quick and it would punish their attack, and if they try to fly by you. just food for thought i guess
Yeah i remember seeing that, but the thing is when mk's glide attack clanks if hes not using it after shuttle loop he can still use another attack right after the clanking. Thats the only reason i prefer not to use upsmash in that situation. But hey if u can make it worth it go for it.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Thats what i meant, i didnt know your "tone" when u said it. Yes u can, usually if I do get hit by it, ill smash DI out of it and counter.
im prob ******** for not knowing this but what do u mean by smash di mk's glide??? i thought u could only smash di out of getting hit by continues moves like snake neutral air. :urg:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
how does one practice such extreme sdi O_O

i sdi behind/away from snakes ftilts but everything else seems sooo precise >.<

sai_:)

Smash Ace
when you SDI i believe you are supposed to use both the c-stick and the control stick alternatively.(I could be wrong)

However being that freakin good at it...idk.

and in the hope that the guy from that video has the same name and is on these boards...

Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom!

I hope that dude name searches

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah both sticks, it's hard to be good at it, just takes practice. You can only really sdi properly when you know you're gonna get hit, on reaction is way to hard.
I can normally sdi mk fair behind him these days when I'm coming back from the stage, sdi helps quite a bit. Didn't know bout upair though......

You can also do extreme lol sdi in training mode with te speed set to like 1/4 speed or whatever it is, looks awesome but is pretty much impossible in real time.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Yeah both sticks, it's hard to be good at it, just takes practice. You can only really sdi properly when you know you're gonna get hit, on reaction is way to hard.
I can normally sdi mk fair behind him these days when I'm coming back from the stage, sdi helps quite a bit. Didn't know bout upair though......

You can also do extreme lol sdi in training mode with te speed set to like 1/4 speed or whatever it is, looks awesome but is pretty much impossible in real time.
Oh wow thanks. I usually just use the Control stick but does it work better with both sticks? Lol I'm so noobish at any kind of specific DI. x.x

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Perfectly, wouldn't it be repeated QCDI with the control stick and tapping the C-stick in that same middle direction? Although on the video, Mr. Doom just says he hits both of the sticks as fast as he can lol.

and yeah @ count, I didn't notice that until I rewatched the video lol

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Mr. doom Mr. doom Mr. doom

Teach us scrub diddys about sdi

Mr. doom Mr.doom Mr. doom

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Iv'e started using slingshot smashing to throw bananas and it is great for mindgames. Diddy slides pretty far so it's hard to get punished and it is really good for mindgames.You can even hold a banana while Fsmash slingshot smashing which in my opinion,is best way to Fsmash while holding a banana

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Iv'e started using slingshot smashing to throw bananas and it is great for mindgames. Diddy slides pretty far so it's hard to get punished and it is really good for mindgames.You can even hold a banana while Fsmash slingshot smashing which in my opinion,is best way to Fsmash while holding a banana
uhm, what exactly is slingshot smashing?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm guessing it's the thing where you're running and you do a turn around and do a 'sliding' smash attack, I see MKs do it a bit with fsmash. With a banana it's called pivot glidetossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom