• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Ladies, tibs just won another tourny...
The other person in the gf's forfeited after i was winning 2-0 lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
No he's from diff state but I beat him last time at the major I won. :)

I was playing toshiba, not that you've heard of him lol....

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh

wtf shaya is losing to diddys

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shaya sucks

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Hey guys remember me? I'm just stopping by to say hi. I might be entering some big tourneys this summer so you guys will see a lot more of me.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Snake mu is really silly.
you hve to work so much harder for the kill, it makes me rage bad.

But ummm yeah, you can't camp too much otherwise he'll just move in slowly on you and you'll get boxed in and pressured and all this other ****. When that happens though just dj monkey flip over him with a nana in hand for safety.

For attacking him. You pretty much have to throw a banana as soon as he pulls a grenade out, but remember to mix that part up with sideb coz half the time they will shield expecting the nana.
Also remember your spacing, sometimes it's good not to always gt forward and pressure as they will expect it and do a random ftilt that you can punish.

Sdi ftilt is good to, start mashing the direction as soon as you do a laggy attack on snakes shield.

Overall the mu is stupid for diddy. Just go mk or some ****

vato_break

Smash Master
i'd say go for hella gimmicks but, don't put your self at to much risks. Gabbing them at the edge of the stage seems to put them in really bad posistions sometimes too.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Does anyone here know the fastest way to buffer a running Usmash? because I found a way that is fast

Player-1

Smash Legend
when you buffer a move it takes place on the very first frame possible, in brawl you have 10 frames to buffer a move, but whenever you buffer a move it still comes out on the first frame possible whether you input it 1 frame before that limit is up or 7, so IDK how you can buffer a move faster than another buffer unless you mean the whole sequence combined (including the move you buffer out of) which then I would think it'd be like putting your shield down to a buffered usmash.

btw, when I was working on the bdacus a couple of weeks ago I tried doing the dash attack with the c-stick up and then usmash with the a button and I did the bdacus like 10 times in a row without messing up on my first try, but then I woke up the next day and for some reason couldn't do it and I still can't do it =/, it may be easier for some of you to do it like this

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Yeah, I messed up. What I mean't to say what is the best way to buffer an Usmash (without going into a dash attack animation). lets see if someone can figure this out

Player-1

Smash Legend
a running dash attack without the dash attack...? You input a move or animation an 10 frames before than animation ends you input a dash...

sai_:)

Smash Ace
...Are we really that interested in u-smash?

Also, community Diddy video. I really think we should put more discussion into this. Diddy has/had a retardedly fast moving metagame.However we were playing him back then I'm sure is far different than how we play him now. Was vyse the only one with the equipment to do it???

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I tried that and it doesn't come out at the first possible frame. the way I do it is, I use an attack and then I buffer a dash. Then I jump and I cancel it with a c-stick up or up a(jump canceled Usmash). I found this to be the easiest way to buffer a running Usmash and it works great out of tilts

Smash Ace
I cant believe almost an entire page back there was wasted on freaking up smash.

We need to discuss real stuff for diddy like shooting more peanuts

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
i think :190: is a pretty cool guy, eh can hold 3 bananas and doesnt afraid of anything

In all honesty U-smash is a pretty good move. I was using it quite a bit more than usual yesterday and it seemed to be helping me. It racks up damage quickly and snuffs some aerial mix-ups (I was playing Krystedez's Wario and waiting in shield to U-smash beat out quite a bit of his "lol I can DI like a balloon" tricksies).

If you're facing someone who lands predictably and/or lands with airdodge, u-smash is really good because it does however much damage it does (yay me not memorizing numbers) and knocks them back up where you can repeat lol. For example, Snake can land with airdodge, grenade or B-reversed grenade, or B-air. If I notice he likes to airdodge I can u-smash and put him back up, then right before he's in range to possibly attack with an FF b-air, I shield and react to whatever he does.

oh yeah, I $5 dollar MMd Judge yesterday (technically two days ago)
In other news, I lost $5.

We did a bo5 and he won 3-0 lol. Game 2 I counterpicked Halberd, and it actually worked pretty well. HL2 (the stoic stage where there's all the hazards and whatnot) is REALLY good for Diddy. HL1 is eh...I feel like with more practice on the stage I could work around some things there. Diddy can deal with it, but open bottom gives MK more options for approaching and poking in hits. I also don't like how the top platform covers pretty much up until the slopes on HL1. More space between the edge and where the platform is on HL2 seems to work much better for me.

tl;dr: I'm going to start counterpicking Halberd against MKs. Right now it's to get better at HL1 and explore the stage in general, but I think I'll probably put it up there. IMO, Halberd is in the same tier as BF and SV for counterpicks against MK.

Gnes

Smash Master
U guys do realize up smash is easy to smash DI out of right....

But i do agree thats good against people who airdodge onto u, but not snake, who should be landing with a nade most of the time

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
that is true. I just needed an example lol.

It's good but is one of those things that should only be good if the opponent doesn't know how to get out and/or too lazy to learn to SDI better (like Fox's D-air lol. I did like 4 U-smashes against Clowsui's Marth and later just told him he could upB out of them.

Smash Ace
at sai90, whats your point?
My point is basically that most of the time when you could be up smashing theres better things you could be doing. Its a pretty lame attack, and I'm surprised this much discussion was spent on it.

The best I can really see from it is a mixup

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
you can SDI out of fox's dair...? >.>
You can SDI out of the follow-ups (at least out of jab and grab range easily and I think u-tilt as well) but you need really good SDI. I guess a better move to say would have been his F-air, because if he doesn't retreat it, it can and should be punished on hit depending on character + SDI.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think the opponent will only DI it if they see it coming. I think it is still worth using every now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom