• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Bananal ****
First off does anyone have dibs on this name??? cause i kinda want it lol

secondly...

I have a buddy of mine who main's snake, he loves to camp nades and spam his dacus, and when he dacus' he picks up my nan's. Suggestions to get around the DACUS spam? I know throwing a nan at him would be the best idea, but when one is on the ground he DACUS' to pick it up and I dont have time to get another one.
Okay i guess having him DACUS spam you could get annoying but here's the thing...

YOU KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO!

This is excellent for you, KNOWING that he's gonna dacus all the time.

Dacus is VEEEEEEEERY punishable. if you are holding a banana, you hit him out of it.

but more importantly you can just shield grab dacus allll day. if he just flat out dacus's towards you...**** his **** up.You can side smash, d-tilt ,d-smash, bair, fair, grab,shield it or just toss a banana, and the actual mortar should never hit you

You have a plethora of options to stop his dacus. If he's using it as a retreat, get your bananas ready, shoot some peanuts or do whatever. just try to get yourself in a decent position.

Overall snakes dacus is **** near the least of your worries in that MU.

Also a couple tips against grenades.

1 stay mid range against him. never super far away and rarely super close in

2 if there is a banana in your hand (which there always should be) the moment he pulls one your banana should be able to blow it up. If he's pulling them out near you within the range of a banana toss, you should be able to kill it, possibly hitting him with the explosion.

Player-1

Smash Legend
luigi sucks LOL how could anyone lose to him
lol you obviously are clueless on luigi's current metagame.

all luigi mains just sandbag so they don't get their character banned. When I told the Luigi boards that I caught onto their plan they threatened to lock me up so I have to get as many believers as I can on my side before I "disappear".

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol you obviously are clueless on luigi's current metagame.

all luigi mains just sandbag so they don't get their character banned. When I told the Luigi boards that I caught onto their plan they threatened to lock me up so I have to get as many believers as I can on my side before I "disappear".
biglou is their leader...i know it!

tibs7

Smash Champion
How the fark did USA get through when they are a super terrible team.

Australia, shouldve gone through we dominated the Serbs and Ghana..... Ughhh so upsetting

TreK

Is "that guy"
Well, just watch the French team play, you'll understand what a bad team is :O

tibs7

Smash Champion
What is wrong with football?
It's the world cup :D
anyway yeah tenebam WTF happened with you guys haha so weird.
Usa has the easiest group, unfair.

TreK

Is "that guy"
anyway yeah tenebam WTF happened with you guys haha so weird.
Our team's selector, Domenech, is hated by everyone in France, including his own players. You can't have a good team with this... Our players, our PRO players, paid hundreds of thousands €s, WALKED on the field. WTF XD

Things got even worse a few days ago :o
Domenech got insulted by Anelka, one of the team's players, which got banned from the team because of that. The team decided to strike, they didn't train for the match against South Africa, which they lost 2-1, causing the French team's disqualification from the tournament.

Domenech should be fired before the next world cup, so maybe next time our taxes will be a bit more useful next time :D

I have never been into soccer that much, btw... I enjoy playing it more than watching it, but this year was just TOO MUCH FUN for me to miss it XD

****loads of fb groups have been created in a few days :V
"-GOAAAAL !!! -Charles, turn off the playstation, it's dinner time"
or that : http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/7690571277045503819.png
Most cannot be translated, unfortunately D:

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah football is so much better to play but i still love watching it spesh the world cup.
You play club soccer?

But yeah anelka didn't play that last game even though hes been scoring for chelsea and ****. Ribbery is sooo good, best player you have imo.

Yeah drop the coach. Australia didn't really have a good one either which cost us going through th group stage...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Today has been a terrible day.

Australia out of the World Cup.

Rudd booted from leadership.

Terrible hangover from cheap goon.

God ****.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Omg Antho, gillard is sooooooo bad. I think she was planning this the whole timem, coz she new we would never vote for a woman for pm. I hate her

DOODE

Smash Cadet
does anybody ever jump off the stage to pull out a banana then not have there double jump? It happens to me sometimes and I'm not really sure why! :confused:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im so mad at italy right now.

also @ DOODE, that happens mostly cuz when u jump u might have midair jumped as well by mistake confirm ur midair jump by seeing if the little bouncing circle shows beneath ur jump if so...that is ur midair jump u just used/wasted

TreK

Is "that guy"
You play club soccer?
I tried when I was younger, but because of asthma no club wanted me in the main team, I can't last 90mn... I only play soccer with friends now, cus dribbling is too much fun :O
The only sports I practice in clubs and compete in are fencing and table tennis, but I do twice as much sports outside of clubs, like rollers and parkour just for fun :V

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol p1

@teneban: wtf is parkour? :S never heard of it.
yeah asthma isnt good to have while playing soccer :(. im lucky i dont have it so i can play all i want :).
just make sure you watch the next world cup, ill be playing for AUS you'll see :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Asthma has its benefits. For example, in the US, you can't be drafted if you have asthma due to the potential liability/hazard you could become if you had an asthma attack on the battlefield.

I have asthma, but with inhalers/etc. I can last 90min easy. I love soccer (football) :)

To the guy who didn't have a second jump: if you're running at the side of the stage and press jump, pull a Banana, and don't have another jump, you likely ran off the stage a little bit before jumping (thus using your double jump). You'll learn the timing with practice.

tibs7

Smash Champion
ahhk yeah i've seen documentaries on that, its insane. ill stick to soccer thanks haha.
props to you (teneban) for doing this crazy shiz.

edit:
I love soccer (football) :)
this makes me happy

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm going to play inter-mural (sp?) this year if I can, that or dodgeball. I LOVE soccer, but I've always wanted to play competitive dodgeball ever since that Super Dodgeball Advance game on the GBA. That was a great game back then... But yeah, I never went out for club soccer mostly because of asthma (and because I was busy being on a computer doing somewhat productive things, keeping me from the outdoors). Still, asthma was never really that big a problem for me.

tibs7

Smash Champion
wait so that's like college vs college stuff yeah...thats fun, i enjoyed schooling noob players from different colleges.
i also lolled at the dodgeball thing.
are you from the US? coz not many americans like soccer :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom