• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ideas just like that.

-Cereal Killer
-Eat and Run
-Bad Trip
-Bananal ****

Maybe more later.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I need to make my 3rd combo video, I realized a couple of months ago that I've made one each summer since brawl has came out and I want to continue the trend.

Plus I have the best gimp in the history of gimps on Mblaze...it involves a peanut =D

Player-1

Smash Legend
z0mg that reminds me, I was playing kismet in friendlies at waba and we were on BF and we were both offstage on opposite ends of the stage and I half charged a peanut from offstage and sniped him out of his recovery from across the stage, he still lived though, but it was pro. peanuts are pro. im super pro.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Alright so can anyone shed any light on how exactly you play Diddy kong? I read the guides but they don't really explain anything just things about the character itself not how to play him. What I want to know is what to do with him like for example, with Marth all you do is basically Fair the opponent once (gotta go for those tippered fair's it means you're spacing well), and retreat by DI'ing back and see how they react. Then play off of that. But Diddy I have no idea what to do, can anyone please explain HOW to play diddy kong? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
sooo u can say that a banana that hits a sheild is like a fair tipper from marth that gets sheilded? and then i wait and see what they do and react? cuz thats how i play marth lol... and if I can play Diddy the same way...

TreK

Is "that guy"
sooo u can say that a banana that hits a sheild is like a fair tipper from marth that gets sheilded? and then i wait and see what they do and react? cuz thats how i play marth lol... and if I can play Diddy the same way...
never throw bananas at shields.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
never throw bananas at shields.
pffft i throw nanas at shields all day...if they dnt poke oh well if they do hell yea...just make sure to know when to approach or not and know whether or not u can grab them if it doesnt poke or just stick around.

Player-1

Smash Legend
no. throw bananas at them no matter what and then grab the other banana and throw at them, and then don't stop shooting peanuts at them.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hey i have a question for you guys wats diddys best cp stage
final d/pictochat/green greens/rainbow cruise/smashville/battlefield/yoshis island/castle siege/ delfino/rainbow cruise/halberd/brinstar/pkmn stadiums/rainbow cruise/frigate orphean/ norfair

is my personal cp list

-Googs

Smash Lord
I have a buddy of mine who main's snake, he loves to camp nades and spam his dacus, and when he dacus' he picks up my nan's. Suggestions to get around the DACUS spam? I know throwing a nan at him would be the best idea, but when one is on the ground he DACUS' to pick it up and I dont have time to get another one.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I have a buddy of mine who main's snake, he loves to camp nades and spam his dacus, and when he dacus' he picks up my nan's. Suggestions to get around the DACUS spam? I know throwing a nan at him would be the best idea, but when one is on the ground he DACUS' to pick it up and I dont have time to get another one.
shield and grab. dacus is slow

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to CP Halberd against MKs. I love the layout for stage control, especially against MK. I'd use it against more characters but more characters kill off the top boo.

At least I'll try it a few more times and see how it goes compared to SV and BF. I think it's up there, though.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
can anyone here barrel cancel consistently? I think that if we have a banana and our other banana is on the floor(after the opponent grabbed it) then we should barrel cancel it when ever we can. That way whenever our opponents grab our bananas, they will always throw them out. I know that the rocket barrels are pretty unreliable but if they hit the opponents more than once in a match, it will probably scare them and make them throw the bananas out. there really is no use in picking up the banana to make it yours again because a smart opponent knows how to pick up a banana without tripping.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
barrel canceling is really easy...

Gnes, if lived in TX where everyone is garbage then I'd win twice as much mooney as u
I'm talking about consistency to a point in which you can barrel cancel even when the banana is out of the camera's angle.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
can anyone here barrel cancel consistently? I think that if we have a banana and our other banana is on the floor(after the opponent grabbed it) then we should barrel cancel it when ever we can. That way whenever our opponents grab our bananas, they will always throw them out. I know that the rocket barrels are pretty unreliable but if they hit the opponents more than once in a match, it will probably scare them and make them throw the bananas out. there really is no use in picking up the banana to make it yours again because a smart opponent knows how to pick up a banana without tripping.
or it might make them learn to hold onto them and use them wisely instead of throwing them on the ground or somethin

it might be more effective if you could predict an opponent's naner throw and barrel cancel, but you take damage

so maybe get far enough away so their throw won't directly hit you and barrel cancel immediately when it lands? that would freak me out if my opponent did that

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
What difference does it make? I bet it won't chang eany matchupgdfovvvsi;vobu

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
or it might make them learn to hold onto them and use them wisely instead of throwing them on the ground or somethin

it might be more effective if you could predict an opponent's naner throw and barrel cancel, but you take damage

so maybe get far enough away so their throw won't directly hit you and barrel cancel immediately when it lands? that would freak me out if my opponent did that
I think this is the reason why we should figure out the frame data for each characters throw. some characters might be at a disadvantage when holding a banana because they have a faster or better way of punishing us when they are not holding one

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I think this is the reason why we should figure out the frame data for each characters throw. some characters might be at a disadvantage when holding a banana because they have a faster or better way of punishing us when they are not holding one

80% of the timeframe DAta is benefical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom