• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Dash Pivot Cancel isn't useless D: you can do everything out of it. (even a SLINGSHOT JAB!!!1 (xD))

Count

Smash Champion
mikehaze razer dojo atomsk snakeee nickriddle shaky ally judge anther lain lain lain lain lain lain tyrant X havok lain boss meep lie lain ESAM chudat lain candy lain

edit: lain

Kaffei

Smash Hero
hi

ok im maining diddy now

is there anything else i should know about diddy i read all the threads and stuff jaajajaja

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Actually, learning Diddy's non-Banana game is really important when you're starting out, but definitely use them still. Just don't focus on your Naners and forget to hit your opponent with what you already have.

EDIT: Nobody namesearches me :( :041:

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Learning Diddy's non-bananer game is more important imo since you needa now how to deal with gayness without naners. :B

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Diddy's non banana game is so fun. his combo potential is like overly high.

not like as well squirtle but its up there

Sails

Smash Ace
Do you find yourselves regularly pulling off the boosted monkey flip? I've got the timing down somewhat, but I'm pretty sure in the heat of battle I would have trouble guaranteeing it. Is it a frame perfect thing, because it doesn't function like most smash B's...

Edit: Also, how do you momentum cancel properly with Diddy? I go for the bair to fast fell jump, but I've seen/heard that I should just bair straight in to the monkey flip. Would love some clarification...

Player-1

Smash Legend
The best possible way to momentum cancel with Diddy is to airdodge cancel a downward banana throw while FFing then midair jump

Dekar173

Justice Man
The best possible way to momentum cancel with Diddy is to airdodge cancel a downward banana throw while FFing then midair jump
Don't think an instant throw down auto fast falls, but an instant throw is definitely Diddy's best option for momentum canceling.

Otherwise, regular airdodge > DJ > smash sideB

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
D-Air for vertical, B-Air or Airdodge (your pick) for horizontal. That's how I do it, anyway (I'm getting used to B-Air, but up until now I've been Airdodging).

EDIT: Wait, should I be Airdodging? I know we had this discussion already but apparently I got my wires crossed as to which to use.

TreK

Is "that guy"
To sum it up :
You can airdodge earlier than bair or whatever, which makes it better by about a frame ; however you can't fastfall an airdodge, while you can fastfall a bair and it can make a lot of difference ; both should be used, depending on the situation.
However, if you're holding a banana, you can airdodge and cancel the airdodge with an item toss like if you intended to instant throw it. You will be able to fast-fall it, do it sooner than any aerial, and it ends faster than the airdodge, making it the best horizontal momentum canceller for Diddy Kong by far.
Now, our dair being weird and most probably glitchy, dair is better for vertical hits than this strat for us.

Am I wrong ?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Actually, learning Diddy's non-Banana game is really important when you're starting out, but definitely use them still. Just don't focus on your Naners and forget to hit your opponent with what you already have.

EDIT: Nobody namesearches me :( :041:
ok that sounds more fun :D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Prolly not unless for teams or something.. He's just not as fun anymore

ADHD

Smash Hero
hey i have a question how do you play the luigi mu with diddy
Use one banana and hide behind it forever.. Just fair his shield if he approaches but be careful if he spotdodges. If he shoots fireballs then pick it up and chuck it within their lag. If he picks it up running shield and grab. The moment you pull out two is the moment he has a new option to fight this.

You'd think it wasn't that easy.. but it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom