• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Sif, planking rob is difficult imo. But as someone said before, they aren't too good and switching up anything he has....so just read him and focus better and get better and **** and you should do good ;)

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Sif, planking rob is difficult imo. But as someone said before, they aren't too good and switching up anything he has....so just read him and focus better and get better and **** and you should do good ;)
campy robs are easy, cause you get a solid approach on him with your bananas, the ones that pressure you when you have none, those might be difficult

Count

Smash Champion
Use uthrow against ROB and shoot a lot of peanuts (seriously)

ROB has no options on his way down basically, just dair and airdodge both of which are bad.

hit me up on aim if you need more help..rob is one of my best matchups.

SH fair beats pretty much everything rob has as well.

Dekar173

Justice Man
He probably forgot to tell you it was for $2, and the only move I killed him with was Diddy Hump. You know, the move that only kills at 300% lmfao.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Use uthrow against ROB and shoot a lot of peanuts (seriously)

ROB has no options on his way down basically, just dair and airdodge both of which are bad.

hit me up on aim if you need more help..rob is one of my best matchups.

SH fair beats pretty much everything rob has as well.

I kinda learned to shoot lots of peanuts mid match, but upthrowing doesn't do anything because he can just fly away and back air to propel his movement.

I get ***** for SH fair. he can just shield it and forward tilt/dash attack. ROB outranges diddy on the ground and can forward tilt/fair most of my options. :\

Rob isn't easy, because obviously none of you guys have played t0mmy lol

Count

Smash Champion
I've played tommy Felix :) he came and visited me in Indiana on his way to Ohio and we played a bunch.

Against ROB (specifically tommy) I would look for his b reversals..if you just watch ROB and not so much diddy when you are playing against ROB, you can powershield lasers.

My biggest thing against tommy was getting gimped..If I didn't get gimped I won if not I lost. Definitely the best ROB i've played..although Overswarm's is excellent as well..Midwest has a lot of ROBs in general, lol, most of which are very good players but not quite tommy level.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Where would I ask about a wifi match with a diddy? I need the practice and my friend dropped him cause I rarely did let him recover once he was offstage.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
okaayyy gnes lol.

I used to beat t0mmy but then he just got good all of the sudden it's crazy haha. he also beat jem which was surprising too.

Gnes

Smash Master
I practiced with tommy alot during the mlg columbus weekend. I actually learned that matchup that weekend lol.

I dont think mk will help if hes beating jem lol

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Destroyed my brother today after doing some consistent practice with diddy. After about 5-6 matches of consistent 2 and 3 stock wins he said 'thats it for me, i'm playing really badly' :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah mate that is correct, we just had 2 tournies man shoudlve come. They are normally held once a month at abbotsford convent. Go to Australia thread then look at the 3 stocked thread, all info should be there. Hope to see you there

ADHD

Smash Hero
Rob sucks dude! His hurt animation is addicting.. like you just want to jab lock that shiz or something.

Run offstage and dair him alot, too.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I kinda learned to shoot lots of peanuts mid match, but upthrowing doesn't do anything because he can just fly away and back air to propel his movement.

I get ***** for SH fair. he can just shield it and forward tilt/dash attack. ROB outranges diddy on the ground and can forward tilt/fair most of my options. :\

Rob isn't easy, because obviously none of you guys have played t0mmy lol
Lmao!

I played him at Florida dog ask him about it ;)

Then again, you said he's drastically improved since then, so I wanna play him again :O

@Kaptain Kong- the hump

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
t0mmy got significantly better since florida lol. I think it was somewhere after mlg columbus.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Hey you guys want to help me hack my Wii? I am not good with computers and I don't want to go to the various hacking sections already on this site.

kthxbai

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
So in terms of practice, I'm looking for a bit of advice on what to do next. At the moment I've got my GT's and dribbling 100%. I've been playing matches with equally skilled players regularly. So what's next? I don't know if I have the motivation right now to start learning either of the single banana locks. Any advice greatly appreciated :)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Don't worry about things like single banana locks at this point. What you want to do is just get your consistency down with bananas in game. Be able to control 1 and eventually 2 throughout the match, and just become more fluent with them. The only way to really do this is play more matches.

Some techs/things that will be useful to learn at this point are:
Z-catching (will let you catch bananas in the air without lag, so you can do anything afterwards and can't be directly punished for picking up a banana in the air)

Instant Throwing (by pressing L/R (airdodge) and flicking the c-stick immediately afterwards, you can pick up and instantly throw a banana)

Learning how to SH z-catch or Instant Throw a banana after it hits your shield (in most situations if your opponent throws a banana at your shield, it will bounce up in front of you, allowing you to SH z-catch or instant throw it)

Punishing as quickly as you can out of shield with bananas (Glide toss out of shield and regular throw out of shield are great punishers. Practice reacting quickly enough and knowing what situations you want to use which one).

I'm sure there's other things but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. After you're really fluent with bananas, then you can start looking for individual opponent's habits when they're dealing with bananas and punish those.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
t0mmy got significantly better since florida lol. I think it was somewhere after mlg columbus.
one of the things to keep in mind about rob, no matter who your playing as, is that rob has a blind spot under him and directly behind him. Get him above you and enjoy the free damage. He also cannot do much after he commits to upb'ing. So harass him fo so if you see openings.

obvi good robs wont give you a chance to exploit these. So as long as you pshield lasers/gyro and are patient you'll be fine

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So in terms of practice, I'm looking for a bit of advice on what to do next. At the moment I've got my GT's and dribbling 100%. I've been playing matches with equally skilled players regularly. So what's next? I don't know if I have the motivation right now to start learning either of the single banana locks. Any advice greatly appreciated :)
Things to Practice by Yourself:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262791

Enjoy. :)

Sails

Smash Ace
Accidentally came up with an interesting use of the banana+forward smash AT. If you use Z to grab a banana on the ground before you touch the ground from falling and continue holding Z, you can hit the cstick left of right at the same time as hitting Z making you grab the banana and instantly charge a forward smash. You can also just tap Z with the cstick to instantly forward smash.

It's nothing special, and probably has been talked about before, but I figured I'd share it anyways. Most people wouldn't approach if you were falling on to a banana regardless due to instant throw/glide toss, but it could maybe be a neat change-up if they do come in close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom