• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
5:36...love how anything past that left side of the hill goes directly under it such as that banana. works with characters too.try throwing someone with a bad recovery...its funny xD

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if your close enough upthrow works too and is like an instant stage spike.

what are some strategies to winning a match on rainbow. what should i be looking for and watch out for. i wanna cp ppl here

Kantrip

Kantplay
maybe if you asked nicely...
Please? :3

Edit: Also, a question: How viable is it to use only one banana against annoying players who are really good at picking up the banana you're not using? It may have less crazy combos and locks, but would it help to make sure you don't get yourself SNL'd?

Player-1

Smash Legend
ADHD says it's best to use one banana against weegee, but after playing biglou constantly I have to disagree.

anyway tricks on RC:

first of all, know when the platforms spawn because it's a huge help, also keep in mind certain part of the terrain never disappears so know where it is offscreen, EX: the falling blocks that appear right after the pendulum near the wall and the checkered floor never go away, and when you're on the boat you can actually hit those blocks from the boat if you get sent into them, they appear right before the rainbow starts to appear. Another good spot to know is that when you're on the pendulum part, the giant platform that appears to the right of that starts to appear right as the platform on the left starts to disappear/when the pendulum starts going to the left, the platform that's connected to the wall starts to appear right as the pendulum starts going to the right after the other platform has appeared. When you're on the boat you can reach the far left area (the part where the boat hits) about when you can see half of the rainbow on the screen. Also, know which platforms you can and can't drop down through, like all of the magic carpets you can't drop through.

Watch for the banana wall locks too, although they're difficult to get because when you're on the boat the banana usually gets caught on the platform, the wall to the right of the pendulum is your best chance, but unfortunately that wall disappears faster than any of the other walls and people usually don't go there anyway. The 3rd wall (the wall that appears as the screen starts to fall) is a terrible spot to be in for diddy because he has a hard time recovering properly if you get hit off to the left so you usually always want to go on a falling block or just run/side-b off as the screen starts to fall, also if you get caught under those falling blocks you can stay on that wall with wall jumps and wall clings, but you can also get to the platform that's right under that too without dieing which is a good spot to be with for diddy because you can up-b into that ceiling to hurt your opponent when they fall through, and if they shield thne they get pushed off the platform or too far away to punish usually because that ceiling is so close that you just fall back fast enough to recover from a lot of punishes.

Peanuts are really good if people try to camp the right part of the boat, you can also monkey kick cancel the edge of the platforms directly from the spawn on the right side of the boat when the game first starts pretty easily.

I <3 diddy's up-b tricks on this stage. My favorite one is when the boat starts to hit the land, you can get on the main stage part and go to the edge of the stage and when the boat hits you can barrel into, also keep in mind that you can up-b the falling blocks that appear right above the magic carpet spawn soon after that and also the pendulum, but when you up-b into the falling blocks for some reason they don't instantly blow up. Always try to stall out the pendulum part of the stage and try to avoid being on the pendulum because that part of the stage is terrible for diddy against most characters. Also, to the right of the pendulum where those two platforms spawn next to that wall and they're edgeguarding you away from it, then you can try to monkey flip into the wall from below and wall jump to bair/fair which sometimes catch people offguard.

SH fairs from the bottom of slants such as the one next to where the boat crashes are amazing.

As said before, the falling blocks to the right of the wall right after the pendulum and the little hump right next to is kind of glitchy inbetween the falling blocks and the hump so you can sometimes do throws in that area and they get instantly stage spiked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYIxMkERe5w

And I personally think Diddy's best area on the stage is 3rd part (the long horizontal side scrolling part at the top with the checkered ground)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wow, thanks for the awesome response! Some interesting information there - I always used to avoid this stage because I figured it messed up my bananas too much, I'll start trying out some nice tricks now :D

So the negative outweighs the positive with the one-banana thing? Was Luigi the only one even considered concerning using just one banana, or could it be a good idea against anyone else?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0DosDY9A3Y is an excellent match by the way :p I found it ironic that the pendulum was the location of both proper kills. The SD just made me lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
idk about the one banana thing, that's just Wyatt's opinion on the matter that I disagree and it wasn't really a discussion about using one banana, but a discussion about luigi so no other character was really discussed

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh alright, I think I'll try it on my friend next time - he's gotten far too good at using that naner against me.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
p1...be glad to know i will officially 3 stock anybody who dares take me to rc.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
today, I was playing my friend's falco and I found something that might make it easier for us to gimp falco. What happened was that I baired him out of the stage and then I went after him offstage. I was kind of scared that he would gimp me with his side b so I decided to monkey flip back onto the stage. Then the craziest thing happened!!!! I grabbed him out of his side b, even though I wasn't facing him and I took no damage. Vato was there and he saw it too. what do you guys think happened?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Spam peanuts from the other side of the stage.

Edit: And I use glide tossed u-throws to attempt to mess up their game and push them down to my level when they approach.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Spam peanuts from the other side of the stage.

Edit: And I use glide tossed u-throws to attempt to mess up their game and push them down to my level when they approach.
pretty much this. We're not computers so we won't perfect shield every peanut, they will mess up eventually and once you have the percent lead then they're forced to approach, instant throwing peanuts back at you doesn't work very well because most of the time it hits one of the other peanuts being spammed, if he gets close then be ready for the nado and be prepared to cancel your popgun and watch out for how many jumps they have because you can usually find a pattern of when they do the nado.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah that's true, against a good MK peanutz won't solve it. I suppose the people I play aren't really good enough for me to know what to do. If only I could get some good brawlers to play. Alas, no tournaments for Vancouver....

tibs7

Smash Champion
they will come down eventually vato, count those jumps, you have to be patient. throw stuff up there but not blindly, think before throwing yeah.
but tbh we will most likely lose if we dont have the lead unfortunately :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we will most likely lose if we dont have the lead unfortunately :(
a lot of matchups are like that for us ;_;

aggressively SMART mks are homo especially offstage when they dun giv a flying (pun) *** if they get hit/gimpd and just start swinging :\

vato_break

Smash Master
It is possible to perfect sheild every peanut though. They move at a speed where everyone of them is avoidable. If you charge it then metaknight can use his jumps to avoid it and even with little charge he can dodge according to the angle it goes at. He can dodge every single peanut if he knows the angle it goes at.

so shooting peanuts is the best solution?

Player-1

Smash Legend
obviously it's possible to perfect shield every peanut and dodge them, but to shield and dodge every single peanut for 8 minutes? Realistically it won't happen.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was thinking maybe, glide toss up throw to bait an air dodge or Dair and punish him for the ending lag

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
In my opinion, I think you are saying that because you have never played a metaknight with that level of patience..
I want to see you play all the diddys here and see how you do against them. Probably make their heads explode :burst:
This guy makes Bowyer look aggressive

Player-1

Smash Legend
vato, record a video of you dodge and shieleding every peanut for 8 minutes straight while the diddy is trying to hit you, and when you do finally accomplish it, tell me how long it took.

vato_break

Smash Master
Sure thing player-1! Though to answer your question i think it takes 8 minutes to dodge and sheild every peanut for 8 minutes straight!

So technically peanuts are the answer to mk's air camping then?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Sure thing player-1! Though to answer your question i think it takes 8 minutes to dodge and sheild every peanut for 8 minutes straight!

So technically peanuts are the answer to mk's air camping then?
Vato, I think that your MK's metagame is years ahead of everyone else. Maybe you should post on the MK boards the right way to play MK

vato_break

Smash Master
Nah, lol people on smashboards are pretty stupid sometimes and considering i don't post on the metaknight boards often they will neglect any statement or anything i have to say. pretty sure a response i get will be: "We are not computers, we are humans, we will make mistakes" or something like that. But PS/ avoiding the peanuts is really easy imo

Player-1 it doesn't take many trys at all! it will take very few trys actually, why does what i had stated seem so improbable?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
8:00 worth of peanuts + 8:00 of mindgames + 8:00 of diddy himself + 8:00 of stage = 1 second of impossibilities to avoid at least 1 peanut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom