• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Instruments are overrated boys.
I played alto sax for bout 5yrs, biggest waste of time

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Dang it P1, where was this tournament and why was I not told about it? I was going to try to go to as many tournaments as possible this summer, and I haven't been to a single one yet :T

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Dang it P1, where was this tournament and why was I not told about it? I was going to try to go to as many tournaments as possible this summer, and I haven't been to a single one yet :T
lolwut?

You're on smashboards man. Isn't there a local thread where people can just tell you where to go?

Why are we talking about musical instruments anyway?

TreK

Is "that guy"
ADHD, you suck for not coming to France and ****** our european *****.

Not like you'd win, but you would have probably gone through pools, and defend USA's awful reputation.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Well to be really honest, I wouldn't bet.

Glutonny vs Ally is like an event itself. The hype for it is equal to the hype for the rest of the tourny.

But yeah, I don't expect Ally to place lower than top 5 xD

Player-1

Smash Legend
RC is the best instrument

look at this guy coming up with RC meat riding comments, you've made me proud <3.

3rd saturday of every month is a monthly, same place same time.

ADHD

Smash Hero

Glutonny vs Ally is like an event itself. The hype for it is equal to the hype for the rest of the tourny.

Who'd beat me in europe? XD

Leon might be the closest but I doubt it!

skabs

Smash Rookie

Leon is just amazing. Not only is his Peach incredible, but Diddy is one of his secondaries, so he has a great banana game.

However, BI (Bushido Impact) tournaments have only three starter stages (FD, BF, and SV) so Diddy main from the US wouldn't have to put up with this crappy MLG stagelist.

I heard that some of the BI staff were going to try to switch to a 5 starter set, but even if they do, they were going to ban RC and Norfair!

So... net win for Diddy? France is a bit crazy...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I heard that some of the BI staff were going to try to switch to a 5 starter set, but even if they do, they were going to ban RC and Norfair!

So... net win for Diddy? France is a bit crazy...
Well, we still have Brinstar to worry about 90% of the time, and other random stages in certain match-ups (Falco and JJ, for example). But yeah, that stage list would really, really skew stage picks in Diddy's favor compared to the other not-Meta Knight characters.

Player-1 said:
3rd saturday of every month is a monthly, same place same time.
What place? I never heard of that before :( I'd have gone to at least two this summer by now if I had known!

So guys, starting this year I'll be hosting weekly tournaments at the University of Alabama, and I wanted to get the opinion from everyone here on what to do to PREVENT players from stalling a match. The tournaments are going to be designed to attract casual players, and getting timed out is one way to really make someone want to stop playing Brawl. With this being a very casual-friendly environment, I had one somewhat radical recommendation regarding ties: if a player leads by stocks, they win, but if the players are tied in stocks, the percentages are ignored and a three-minute one-stock match is played to determine the winner. This way, players are forced to be a little more aggro if the stocks are tied and the timer is running out. Can you guys think of anything else I can do along these lines to prevent players from timing each other out (or, by extension, planking as much)?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ban mk...lol

well besides that u can have a ledge grab rule, bans of certain AT's (IDC) and or stalling moves (sonic's b underneath a stage ex.) other than that u cant really stop somebody from timing someone out :\

tibs7

Smash Champion
Omg, this Indian guy has been fixing the washing machine for about 5hrs. Wtf is going here? maybe he wants food? A place to stay? I'm scared.....

tibs7

Smash Champion
Not neccessarily Indian people, moreso Random handymen in my house for 5 hrs :/, it's uncomfortable lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
ADHD said:

Noone, I was trolling you.
And because that's noone, you suck even more. Come on, free cash :O

Skabs said:
However, BI (Bushido Impact) tournaments have only three starter stages (FD, BF, and SV) so Diddy main from the US wouldn't have to put up with this crappy MLG stagelist.
For this tourney, the rules changed a lot. ie, no more bo1 pools cus it was a schedule issue and the tourny's spread over three days instead of one, and a different stagelist with 5 starters (FD SV BF YI LC) and a few CP are gone to adapt to other countries's rulesets (no RC and no Norfair... Which I think sucks, but I'm not gonna complain since I main Diddy uh uh uh)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Rofl are you serious? Ally is p. much guaranteed to win lmao

:059:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well, we still have Brinstar to worry about 90% of the time, and other random stages in certain match-ups (Falco and JJ, for example). But yeah, that stage list would really, really skew stage picks in Diddy's favor compared to the other not-Meta Knight characters.

What place? I never heard of that before :( I'd have gone to at least two this summer by now if I had known!

So guys, starting this year I'll be hosting weekly tournaments at the University of Alabama, and I wanted to get the opinion from everyone here on what to do to PREVENT players from stalling a match. The tournaments are going to be designed to attract casual players, and getting timed out is one way to really make someone want to stop playing Brawl. With this being a very casual-friendly environment, I had one somewhat radical recommendation regarding ties: if a player leads by stocks, they win, but if the players are tied in stocks, the percentages are ignored and a three-minute one-stock match is played to determine the winner. This way, players are forced to be a little more aggro if the stocks are tied and the timer is running out. Can you guys think of anything else I can do along these lines to prevent players from timing each other out (or, by extension, planking as much)?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246312

Player-1

Smash Legend
someone can probably give you a ride if you're close to them. Phoenix city, Birmingham and montomgery are usually the ones that come.

tibs7

Smash Champion
There's no shame in hiding it gnes. I believe quivo here.

Jacob, you live cheltenham? Near southland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom