• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Looking for Wifi matches

Hello Diddy Kong mains.

I have no experience with the Diddy MU. Do you guys have a wifi thread or Xat chat room where I can find matches?:bee:

I'm Rizen or '...' in xat and main Link.

Before someone says "Link sucks, low tier for a reason, he will never win a major tourney...", I know all that.

'Looking forward to playing good Diddys; I'll check back here for a few days.;)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Link sucks, low tier for a reason, he will never win a major tourney.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
Whats the best way to get off the ledge back onto the stage against a good DDD? I fought one this weekend and every time I got hit off the stage I lost a stock cause I couldn't get back on! >.< >.< >.< >.<

happytif

Smash Cadet
I have the same problem... I guess you could try aiming the barrel up heading directly to the stage... but them he will chain grab you with the lag... Hmm... aiming verticaly from a low position to the ledge? Gah, someone with more experience with the MU should awnser this...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
We have a Xat, we just never used it. A link is in the Kongpendium.

EDIT: When in doubt, pressing Jump on the ledge and Airdodging immediately (or you can time it) is a relatively good idea for getting back on.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Whats the best way to get off the ledge back onto the stage against a good DDD? I fought one this weekend and every time I got hit off the stage I lost a stock cause I couldn't get back on! >.< >.< >.< >.<
i have videos vs seibrik that could help. u cant do the same thing twice...trust me xD

DOODE

Smash Cadet
Is there a specific timing for the double banana lock, or is it just throw them as fast as I can? I understand why I should switch being gting and just throwing but I still don't have it down.

i have videos vs seibrik that could help. u cant do the same thing twice...trust me xD
can you link me to a good one? I searched youtube and didn't find too much.

DFEAR

Smash Hero

Quitting Diddy Kong for Zerg...

go get starcraft 2 right now so i can rush and destroy your economy

tibs7

Smash Champion
i was thinking bout getting back into that d.
but i havent really looked into reviews and whatnot...tell us how it is :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's good fun tibs, don't believe the haters. Challenging and rewarding. I was first hyped up over it from watching a replay get shoutcasted (commentated) live by an Aussie shoutcaster at a LanSmash. Even watching replays is entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft

I was gonna pick it up today (I had it pre-ordered so I could play in the beta) but I bought my plane tickets to Robocop instead.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hdstarcraft's youtube is better trust me. INSTANTLY learn strategy and purpose.

btw mad cool. fought my first korean player...and i wasnt totally demolished xD...i did lose but i held well...roaches are ****ing amazing...and overlords/new queen/new guardians are broken now.

all bout them t1-t2 units baby!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
im currently talking to the japanese players going to apex, and they would like to know if any famous diddys are going to apex. namely adhd and gnes :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I, The Great Player-1 and The Best Diddy Kong in The World, will not be attending, but Gnes will be, ADHD won't be going.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh, I just found a cool trick thanks to the grizzfinite.
Basically, what I do is I RAR with a banana in my hand, but I cancel the jump with a down banana toss (JCT). It makes you turn around and throw the banana down while running.

Turning around makes nearby opponents trip through you, so it may be a legit way to prevent people from rolling away to the nearest ledge when you tech chase them or a way to continue a combo after a bad spaced double banana lock, when they want to escape a combo. It also goes through shields (no damage and no controlled trip if you do it) and looks cool and random.

The input shuld look like this : forward -> backward then quarter circle to down -> X -> A

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MW33yFhrHjo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MW33yFhrHjo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can someone explain that to me please?

TreK

Is "that guy"
When diddy upBs while still under the effect of a hitstun, that happens. It makes us able to survive some spikes in a cool fashion (we have to DJ for downward momentum attacks cus otherwise, we fall faster because of that same glitch).

This has been known since like 2 months after brawl's release actually.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i hate when people bring that up...>.>, it's an old glitch that was discovered like within the first month of brawl's release. It happens when you use your midair jump and your up at the same time out of hitstun

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh, thanks. BTW, I looked at it frame by frame and I double jumped and up-b'd about 5 frames afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom