• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hey question.

did anyone ever research the frame data for slipping or getting hit by (and falling over) bananas? i think it would be pretty interesting.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
hey question.

did anyone ever research the frame data for slipping or getting hit by (and falling over) bananas? i think it would be pretty interesting.
I asked someone to do this a long time ago. Guess no one is up to the challenge.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I asked someone to do this a long time ago. Guess no one is up to the challenge.
any of us who have a hackd wii should do this...(looks at the creator of the videos of the hitboxes...yes im lookin at u ingulit )

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
u wii doesnt need to be hacked to run codes btw. Hence why all tourneys at this point can run no tripping. Ppl are annoying with this nonsense.

TreK

Is "that guy"
reverse aerial rush -> you turn around before you jump while in the running animation. Makes you able to bair while running. For diddy, the only additionnal use is reversing a barrel cancel (barrels always go backward at first, they go back to your opponent like a tenth of the time ; that's 9 times out of 10 if you reverse them), and now this exists too so that's two.

I also always reverse my SNL setups when I don't go over a shield. If they miss, I fastfall a bair and if they know I'm going to do it, I mess them up with a side B. Fun stuff.

btw, the rar jct is one of the only two options we have to beat a shield with diddy when he have a banana in our hand, 2nd one being the side B. Of course, it's always good to mix up and I find myself spamming a shield with bananas and punishing the oos a lot of times x)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh yeah, that too.
Cause people want to punish us from picking up our bananas and don't realize we can do the same =3

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I think I've trained a Diddy killer, and he plays Captain Falcon. I've been playing against my best friend for over two years now with Diddy, and I swear he knows every trick in the book to make sure I never get to use my Bananas. I pull one out? He's already there and U-Airing to catch it. I throw it at him? He Instant Throws it back. I'm finding I'm doing better when I DON'T use Bananas against him! He's a pretty good player, though arguably not as good as me, but he's played me so much that I can't hardly beat him anymore! He knocked me out of a tournament once by going Falcon the third game and winning T_T

Anyway, that's my story for the day.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I swear he knows every trick in the book.
You mean volume 1 ? Cus Diddy has too much tricks to fit in a single book.

btw, Falcon lawlawlawl

If I had transportation, I would've hosted ally, traveled to Switzerland with him and Kaos, and attended the second 3 days long tourney in a week.
Sucks to be me.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
lol i kinda have the same thing here ingulit, ive played so much with chair that he doesnt get fooled by ANYTHING anymore, its not uncommon anymore for me to get 3stocked -.-

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yo dfear

falcon has uair
AYO p3 why would i be near any character unless he isnt tripped and or outplayed.

im telling it like it is >_<

in all honesty tho...sure falcon has to have some credit...but ill get back to that when the falcon boards finally finish their prelude chapter to their "book" on falcon 101

btw imma record matches vs esam/seibrik/MCgriddle aka **** little (nick riddle)/etc this sat :p

might be takin home a gold ;)

the only cool player #'s are p1 and p3 honestly...i dun care so much bout the other two :\

Player-1

Smash Legend
dfear...there are like players-1 through 9 with there being like 4 player-5's and IDK any of them except the first 4.

player-7 and player-8 are like brothers in brazil and one of them is like the best in brazil or something...

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I mean, I do suck, that's true. I play wayyyy too aggro against him (only him tbh), usually just because it's more fun. The reason I said this is because he now dominates any Diddy he comes across WITH CAPTAIN FALCON. It's really funny to watch.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hey guys, how do i turn myself around in the air?
first, i determine which direction the sun is facing, whether it be due east or west, and if its sunset then im sure knowing im west since the sun sets to the west and faces the east. so, if im facing towards the sun during a sunset then i will gladly jump and turn MIDAIR 180 degrees facing the moon/night sky which is east.

but wait, that's if were assuming u were upside right or LEFT O_OOOOOOO and facing the sun conveniently of course.

and thats how u turn urself around in the air

EDIT: OMG SUCH A HUGE IMPORTANT FACTOR IN DETERMINING YOUR VERY EXISTENCE IN THE AIR...
Peanuts...
yes..
peanuts...
LOTS...

OF THEM!
"smaller text" :190:'s worth at least! "/ end smaller text"

Boofy!

Smash Champion
while in mid-air, tap opposite direction you are facing on control stick>tap-b>shield/airdodge in fast succession

Apex is like 15 min away from my house =)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
first, i determine which direction the sun is facing, whether it be due east or west, and if its sunset then im sure knowing im west since the sun sets to the west and faces the east. so, if im facing towards the sun during a sunset then i will gladly jump and turn MIDAIR 180 degrees facing the moon/night sky which is east.

but wait, that's if were assuming u were upside right or LEFT O_OOOOOOO and facing the sun conveniently of course.

and thats how u turn urself around in the air
I've been doing it wrong this whole time?!

And here I was using Peanuts, silly me

EDIT: Since when do you post in purple?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
**** dfear

Spittin good sheeeeee like he was spitting game at a woman
If any of u georgia ppl are down in florida again...you too can do something GOOD SHEEE worthy and be automatically put on our AH GOOD SHEE POWER RANKINGS. tho it would have to be in the calibur of saving poltergust's life in a pool or jumping small creeks or even ruining someones day by wrecking them in mario party

Player-3

Smash Hero
What if i impregnated on the yoshi players that refuse to worship the blood god

While in florida of course

Yes, the "on" was put there purposely

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I was questioning the "on" xD i was like LOLWUT?

well sadly yoshi players (only 2 serious yoshi mains in florida...) arent worth anything in practicing the teachings of the blood god.

I'm almost the highest ranking priest in the CATHEDRAL DELLA BLOOD GOD sanctum.

so i will evidently purge all sinners of the blood god and his will.

Let it be known...He's coming.

tibs7

Smash Champion
guys seriously wtf do i do.
snake vs diddy is my most hated MU these days. snake knowing everything i do and plays it to his adv in everyway. ftilt. tech chasing. edgeguarding is way to hard to get back. its really rreally silly MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom