• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if hes like any other rob...

hes gonna spotdodge>dsmash
lazer>gyro
gyro>lazer
lazer> wait a second > lazer > gyro
gyro > regrab gyro > lazer
major lazer > lazer > gyro

typical rob stuff lol

just know that when he uses upb just keep spiking lol

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
if hes like any other rob...

hes gonna spotdodge>dsmash
lazer>gyro
gyro>lazer
lazer> wait a second > lazer > gyro
gyro > regrab gyro > lazer
major lazer > lazer > gyro

typical rob stuff lol

just know that when he uses upb just keep spiking lol
I lol'd after reading this.

This is "old" stuff. I mean of course we still use it (especially the first one), but good players don't have a large amount of "camp patterns". A lot of players, even ADHD, have theie "little" camp patterens that thay tend to do. But all in all...what does it matter if it works.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
all in all. the better player should adapt to the other and win...excluding low tier lol

Count

Smash Champion
Apparently you don't understand Diddy's metagame very well, then

That's EXACTLY what Diddy players are doing nowadays

And I really don't think ADHD came up with it :\ (nothing against him, but still)
I understand the meta game better than most, sir. And if wyatt didn't come up with it, then who did? He's certainly the best at it.

Watch alphazealot..see how much he camps. Maybe its just because I play in the midwest and i'm the only campy diddy in my region

Other notable diddy's that aren't that overly campy are player 1, fliphop, and sorta felix. Anyway, I've always seen the beauty of diddy kong as the ability to be successful no matter the style, whereas other characters are more limited to either aggressive or defensive.

edit: uthrow rob. peanuts are good too! I'm okay with this this match (play overswarm's rob sometimes, and the mw has lots of robs) so shoot me an im if you want anymore advice. cougarpg2008.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
and my question is ignored.

WHO HERE USES GREEN DIDDY? =3
Quite frankly, it's because it is a dumb question.

I do, if that counts for anything. I did make a texture hack that altered it a little, but unless you really zoom in it looks like I'm playing the regular green Diddy. Seeing how NinjaLink has his own texture, I figured I could use an Ingulit-only texture for myself as well :)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Thanks for the Rob advice everyone, i guess the MU is more straightforward then it seems.. not being able to airdodge from his up-B really sucks for him lmao. btw i use the Mountain Dew Diddy sometimes if that counts, if not hacked then blue all the way.

EDIT: which diddy's are going to MLG Orlando.. DFEAR you BETTER be lol

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
This is more of a question of curiosity rather than strategy but what do you guys like to do after canceling peanuts? I'm addicted to pivot grabbing when done on the ground.

DFEAR

Smash Hero

whats for Diiinner fellow diddys?

anyway.

best setup for peanut canceling is ANOTHER peanut cancel. wanna **** with those mindgames? one more could do the trick! mixup up the ***!

im dead serious too.

and yes im goin to mlg to rep diddy in doubles. since ****ing paypal wants to be gay with my account and not sign me up for singles in time!

might enter as balanced breakfast (me and a yoshi...get it...?)
or as arabian knights (snake player who will name himself as Al and me as Abu)

and best color by far is powerwild heartless diddy

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nobody will dare approach u cuz ur that friggin technical and crazy lol...

also helps to have a banana in front of u at varied distances xD...bait those dash attacks/aerial approaches lol

seriousness tho.

CPG> CPG
CPG> shield
CPG> spotdodge
CPG> GT OoS any direction
CPG> sh fair
CPG> Throw OoS
CPG> sideb
CPG> jump any direction
CPG> CPG> CPG> CPG~

only setups i care about and know :\

ADHD

Smash Hero
The backroom kind of went retarted with this whole wall concept. They made it out to be this unbeatable, "it's what makes ADHD so good" tactic. It's alot more than just shooting peanuts and having a banana in front of you, there's a big psychological game to it and if nobody realizes that then the wall is as good as useless.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Man uni is ****** me atm.

It's 10:30 on a Friday night and I'm stuck programming and chasing after team members for contributions to other projects due tomorrow.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
The backroom kind of went retarted with this whole wall concept. They made it out to be this unbeatable, "it's what makes ADHD so good" tactic. It's alot more than just shooting peanuts and having a banana in front of you, there's a big psychological game to it and if nobody realizes that then the wall is as good as useless.
could you enlighten us with your mindgames then?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Quivo destroys the Diddy wall. F' Toon Link.

And ****s been around for a long time, was obvious within the first week of the games release. You can check the MLG guide thingy I did on Diddy Kong because I mention the setup and that was like summer 08, heck you can see me use it vs Snakeee to 2 stock him at COT4 (not saying I invented it, its one of those obvious things that shouldn't be attributed to anyone).

I use to wall a lot. Now I don't really anymore. I should go back to it but there are just so many other things Diddy can do and I've been having a lot of fun trying different offensive things. The big thing I'm working on now are edge canceled diddy kicks on both the edge of the stage and edge of platforms. You get your jump back because you hit the ground (I like to do it after using both jumps), you have no lag, its great for shield pressure and you can shoot through the opponent safely if they don't get hit. With a banana in hand its extra deadly and it can also push an opponent off the stage who is sitting to close to the edge and lead straight into a spike.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who edge cancels things (I'm also working on edge canceled dairs).

Count

Smash Champion
I don't really think you can 'enlighten' anybody about mindgames. Mindgames are specific player vs specific player, making reads and then reacting accordingly.

Player-1

Smash Legend
100% agreed, you don't even need the banana, just shoot more peanuts.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i don't play diddy but i always thought the purpose of the wall was to very quickly aggravate people into making a decision. it's easy to minimize your damage from the wall or to get around it temporarily at least but the fact that you're being barraged by peanuts for 2-3% per peanut and being in front of diddy kong w/ 2 bananas is really scary. 70% of the time people screw up with their reaction and even when they react correctly often times it's predictable because of the way they maneuver themselves. as a pure camping tool it's remarkably strong but i think other characters camp way harder, e.g. olimar falco snake. autopiloting the wall is not good b/c you won't understand how to punish the reaction, bait reactions or even adjust the wall itself

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
edge canceled fair is pretty good cuz its usually laggy
Now you've confused me; are we talking about Monkey Flip Kick > Land close to an edge, fall off > followup? Or are you talking about something else?

EDIT: and why the **** can I not see my own avatar? Is this happening to anyone else? It's just a black box where my avatar should be.

TreK

Is "that guy"
For three days I couldn't see anyone's avatar, it must have been a site problem...
It's fixed now

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah that avy disease is pretty wtf I still can't see most if them :s

tourny on the 3rd and aus major on the 10th (meeting vyse =]) using a stagelist with no fd as a starter ughhh.......apparently new bbr stagelist will not have fd.

TreK

Is "that guy"
That's what I thought, so how do you edge cancel fairs exactly ?

tourny on the 3rd and aus major on the 10th (meeting vyse =]) using a stagelist with no fd as a starter ughhh.......apparently new bbr stagelist will not have fd.
what the ****. They don't like us in the bbr do they ? xD
What stage would replace it ? Cus having DF on starters makes everyone waste a strike against us... It's part of why I can go through pools with my wifi-***** skills ô_o

I'm sucking everyone's balls in France to have Halberd instead of PS1 in starters. Wish me luck =3

I've got a tourney on April 3rd too, but I haven't SFed since like november... Wish me luck²

leffen

Smash Champion
yes ofcourse, its like a defensive version of falcos shield pressure in melee, and it works only if you can mindgame them lol.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
How do you time the F-Air to BDACUS? I can do U-Air to BDACUS fairly consistently because I know what part of the animation I should start inputting the commands. F-Air ends before you hit the ground... Are you supposed to Fast Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom