• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
name it after itself lol

so if it involves buffering better put the word buffering in it lol

makes it sound professional lol

call ur combo

Buffered Attack Dash Fthrow

Bad fthrow lol

tibs7

Smash Champion
Call it like the buffered **** combo

and for timing the fair I was talking about when in landing lag aswell sorry :/

sai_:)

Smash Ace
So I'm assuming the D.A fair is guaranteed but you can do more than just that right? I dont even like ending my "combo"s before about 45 ish?

Like maybe f-throw buffered dash attack u tilt(possible 2nd u tilt) fair? The boat combo has to be able to do even more...I like it though Ingulit

sai_:)

Smash Ace
but its such a short combo :/. But i guess it makes since and its still nice to know. So i can start my low % combo's normally with a banana or what ever but now I don't have to be afraid to start with a grab.

Question: Does it literally have to be 0%? like banana then B.O.A.T combo wouldn't work?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey guys, I think I just came up with a "Banana BOAT" combo that might actually be useful. It is:
Banana Throw > Grab > Pummel (optional I think) > F-Throw > BDACUS
This combo does do less damage than the original BOAT, but it can be done at higher percents (higher than just 0%, anyway). Now, I know what you're thinking: "But Ingulit, a BDACUS doesn't allow you to have any followups!" To that, I present the main idea (which I currently can't test, for I'm away from a Wii):

Wouldn't the BDACUS pick up the thrown Banana?

This is the reason I said Pummeling might need to be part of the combo (to allow the Banana time to fall back down). I don't have a Wii in front of me (classes); anyone who could test this for me in the mean time would be awesome. This would be a 26-27% combo that works at low percents and is completely safe, barring maybe Marth's Up-B. We'd be too far away for the opponent to punish, and we'd have a Banana ready in hand. This could actually be useful if it works.

Alternatively, if the Banana ends up being too far behind you for a forward BDACUS to pick it up, maybe we could:
Banana Throw > Grab > Pummel > B-Throw > BDACUS
instead?

Also this:
hey, i was wondering what do you need to do/accomplish to get into the diddy backroom.

EDIT: Actually, I'm 100% certain the first version would work. I'll have a video up by the end of the day (as soon as I'm done with classes).

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
As promised, behold:

The Banana B.O.A.T.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQDt7DNBU8

I added it to my buffering thread with a more in-depth description.

@ Ingulit: they might be able to break out of the grab before the naner gets back to the ground depending on how early/late you grab them
This might be true at 0%, but the Banana doesn't have to be on the ground for the BDACUS to pick it up; it just can't be at the very top of its arc. A very small delay before you throw should be enough for the BDACUS to nab it on its way down.

EDIT: Also, note that after the Banana hits, they'll be above 0% (admittedly they're still at a very low percent, but they won't break the grab immediately).

EDIT 2: Something I forgot to mention about the Banana B.O.A.T.: It's pretty **** hard. You do eventually get used to the timing, but it's a pain until then (especially if you're having trouble with BDACUS).

IMPORTANT EDIT 3: The fact that they break out sooner at lower percents doesn't matter if they're at a high percent, and I just realized that when they are at high percent, you can use this combo to chase someone you've F-Thrown with a Banana in hand AND using Diddy's fastest form of horizontal movement. In other words, this combo can be effective at almost any percent.

TreK

Is "that guy"
would a BDACUS after a weak glide toss pick up the banana ?
I'm really bad at BDACUS T_T

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
would a BDACUS after a weak glide toss pick up the banana ?
Lol, yes, it would! You'd essentially just slide across the stage using your BDACUS with a Banana in hand. It's actually a possible application for Weak Glide Tossing! I never thought I'd see the day :laugh:

It sounds sooooper hard, but I'll try to get a video up later tonight if I can do it.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Lol, yes, it would! You'd essentially just slide across the stage using your BDACUS with a Banana in hand. It's actually a possible application for Weak Glide Tossing! I never thought I'd see the day :laugh:

It sounds sooooper hard, but I'll try to get a video up later tonight if I can do it.
lol, seriously ? I really need to learn that tech XDXD
Being left handed sucks, told ya.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
being left handed is good for moonwalking in melee lol

also, weak gl is shield -> left/right -> control stick neutral + a/z correct?
Correct. I'm picturing the trouble coming from having to return the Control Stick to neutral AND taking your hand off the C-Stick in order to do the WGT, and THEN try to buffer a Forward Control Stick > Up C-Stick > Up C-Stick before the sliding ends. It'd be cool if it worked, but that's going to be hard as ****.

Let me try it for a bit and I'll upload a video if I manage to do it.

EDIT: Okay, I tried this, and it IS possible, but I can't do it. It is REALLY hard to do; you have to move your hands really, really fast to get all the inputs in correctly. The sole fact that you can pick a Banana up with a buffered Dash Attack out of a WGT means that a BDACUS would work too, but I can't do it myself.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Just a question for your diddy's. Is it okay when fighting like a falco or pit to use a one nanner meta-game? So they cant hold one and keep reflecting you while camping. I've done it a couple times and i think it can work nicely. What are your opinions about this meta-game cp?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Just a question for your diddy's. Is it okay when fighting like a falco or pit to use a one nanner meta-game? So they cant hold one and keep reflecting you while camping. I've done it a couple times and i think it can work nicely. What are your opinions about this meta-game cp?
No. You were given two Bananas for a reason; use them. I can assure you this is as detailed an explanation you'll get from anyone here. If you aren't using two Bananas, you're doing it wrong.

EDIT: *********** I just blew my 700th post. Ah well.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Maybe if you set L as attack and do the weak gt with L it would be easier. That way you don't have to move your right hand too much.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Maybe if you set L as attack and do the weak gt with L it would be easier. That way you don't have to move your right hand too much.
That is a VERY good point. I keep seeing Diddy mains around here setting L or R to Attack, so I might try that. I've just gotten so used to setting R to Jump, a habit carried over from playing Kirby/Wolf. Maybe I should retrain myself :\

Okay, let's pose this question again (for the, what, fourth time?): What control settings do you use?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Ask and you shall receive:

DFEAR........................288
Player-1......................251
Ingulit........................190
Vyse...........................163
GooseMainsDiddy.......163
NinjaLink....................148
Teneban.....................122
Kaptain Kong..............121
ADHD.........................115
Dekar173....................109

You're still #2 in here

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
That is a VERY good point. I keep seeing Diddy mains around here setting L or R to Attack, so I might try that. I've just gotten so used to setting R to Jump, a habit carried over from playing Kirby/Wolf. Maybe I should retrain myself :\

Okay, let's pose this question again (for the, what, fourth time?): What control settings do you use?
i use normal control settings lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ask and you shall receive:

DFEAR........................288
Player-1......................251
Ingulit........................190
Vyse...........................163
GooseMainsDiddy.......163
NinjaLink....................148
Teneban.....................122
Kaptain Kong..............121
ADHD.........................115
Dekar173....................109

You're still #2 in here
that's not what I was asking >.>

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice

Tap Jump [OFF]
Y Button = Grab

Otherwise I'm on normal settings.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
lol, he could have just gone to the User CP

edit: why to people set y to grab? seems out of the way to me
i keep my thumb right below x and next to a so its closer to the cstick
Because I've always used X to jump, not Y (same logic applies for why I set R to Jump and not L). Habit, muscle memory carried over from Melee, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom