• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Sounds like its worth a shot, but last time I was the best melee player there. That's not a good sign!

And nobody would go to my allismelee website because it would be terrible =p

wakka444

Smash Ace
springfield likes that too ^^ at our first smashfest we did a trismash crew battle between the three games and three crews it was just awesome lol

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
As I recall Dayton went: SSB64 2-0, SSBM 2-0, SSBB 1-1
If we had another real crew battle like that (assuming Dayton's player count reaches 4 again....), it'd be a closer, more epic match than most of the field would like to admit. Lucario+crews=win

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
If there's a Melee and/or Smash64 tourney with enough of a heads up Reside and I will definitely be there. Not sure which was the previous one you're refering too or why I wasn't there. You won't be placing first next time Fizzle d:

But yeah I definitely want to do another large field v Dayton crew battle - I think we'd do much better Brawl-wise, and I don't see the field catching up in the other two games d:

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
It was at springfield in October and you were there!!!
I agree that we'll come closer to that shut-out: Reside singlehandedly takes 64, we destroy them in melee, and then comes brawl...hmm...It'd probably be Nope, Capem, Cake, and Sin/Sil/Wakka/Fonz/Champ. It's not gonna be easy to pull that win off.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Sounds like its worth a shot, but last time I was the best melee player there. That's not a good sign!

And nobody would go to my allismelee website because it would be terrible =p
Uhh... I lost to a number of LKP at Melee friendlies and a MM (john: having an off day) but I don't remember any Melee tourney in springfield. I think we got our tournies confused.

wakka444

Smash Ace
HA only with reside do you guys even can start to become a threat in melee and brawl we got covered AND 64 idk....lolz
edit:see digm knows^^ and after you left there was a side melee tourney mayhaps i dont remember myself

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
(Does this count as a double post?)

Because Ohio's smash scene is once again as awesome as is was when this thread was first started, I think it's time to give it another shot. That being said maybe I'm completely wrong. o_0

Skyson

Smash Ace
Canton has at least two decent players who play online a lot. That would be myself and Skyson.

Wow, I just caught this post from all the way back in April, and it's still holding true. Except the online part. I haven't played online in months, and don't really enjoy doing so.

This thread = AWWWW YEAH.

Ohio smash scene, **** yeah it exists. Let's go, dawgs!

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ugh I'm probably going to miss Back to School. I don't think Scribs is going and Athens is too far for my parents to help me out so....it looks like my redemption will have to wait until MIB. I'll be watching Turtles 3 on the live stream and I officially challenge you and OS to SCBW money matches. But if by some miracle I get a ride, I'm busting out the plastic steering wheel for some Mario Kart!!!

edit: Oh yeah, to respond to the half dozen "what happened?" shoutouts for Overdose of Overswarm. Basically I lost....a lot. Apparently the onetrickpony-mk is only good for 1 game most of the time. Unfortunately for me, Kel figured this out and won the set.;)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Ugh I'm probably going to miss Back to School. I don't think Scribs is going and Athens is too far for my parents to help me out so....it looks like my redemption will have to wait until MIB. I'll be watching Turtles 3 on the live stream and I officially challenge you and OS to SCBW money matches. But if by some miracle I get a ride, I'm busting out the plastic steering wheel for some Mario Kart!!!

edit: Oh yeah, to respond to the half dozen "what happened?" shoutouts for Overdose of Overswarm. Basically I lost....a lot. Apparently the onetrickpony-mk is only good for 1 game most of the time. Unfortunately for me, Kel figured this out and won the set.;)
Maybe you could try to squeeze in with Smashfield, have your folks take you to Smashfield then ride with them to Athens.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Berea, huh? I'm not sure how I can help out with that one... I take it this is a Brawl thread now, so that's what I'm gonna try to help with... :p

The Cleveland players are fairly spread out... Out of those I know, Shugo is in Elyria... That's probably the closest to Berea... I'm not exactly sure... The next closest are Bboy in Medina and Sole in Amherst... There are a few others out there (King Beef, SciFiGuy, and Falco400), but I'm not sure exactly where...

King~

Smash Champion
depends on your location, nothing in ohio though

if your to the north theres lolis in MI

if your in the south theres MWC:E circuit event in kentucky

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ok we can MM for the title. Let's make it a Bo5 since the games should last like 2 minutes each.

And I just remembered M2k plays D3....so this might be for the title of 2nd best DDD.

=P.

Smash Apprentice
neone live around youngstown looking to play some melee, because im always looking for people. I have yet to find anyone to play with other than the people i already play with, and that consists of 2 other people =( so ya more people to play would be awesome

Skyson

Smash Ace
Youngstown is, according to sources that I may or may not be able to trust, an hour away from me.

I've got a pretty nice base of Melee players, but I might be able to make it around sometime.

I've got this weekend free and I might have access to a car, so... stuff could happen. An hour is a pretty happy maximum as far as distances I'm willing to drive for fresh Melee competition. lol

Message me or something, =P. I'll see if I can get anything together.

Also, Steve's tournament next weekend. All of Ohio better be there. 4sure.

SSB64 tournament? Taking first place. Thought I should mention that.

Top Bottom