• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I figure since the forums and such have been reshuffled, now would be a good time to make this thread.

Ohio has been becoming sectionalized lately... splitting off into its own little divisions. This doesn't pose too many immediate threats, but we need to become more together as a state. With only a few exceptions, we really haven't had many tournies or whole state smashfests to speak of in a good while. We need to break out of this rut and start getting things moving... Ohio has an enormous amount of potential, but it can't be fully realized unless we spread out our skills and fight people other than the ones in our respective crews. Seriously, nobody outside of the state really thinks of Ohio as a competitive state too much. We need to work up some more reason to be noteworthy ;)

And with that said, let this thread be the main hub for all Ohio events and happenings. If nothing else, at least use this thread to let the rest of Ohio know how you're doing, and give any ideas that you might have.

FrenzieFool

Smash Journeyman
First Post

Yeah I agree with you Omni... We need to get more going on in Ohio and we should have some smashfests so we don't all keep meeting at just tournies.. I'd like to try to get one figured out for sometime this summer... but we'll elaborate more on that when we all discuss it..

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd drop in and say "sup" to everyone. For those who don't know me, I used to live in Ohio, but moved to Kansas City. I love you guys. Except Vidjo. Cuz he sucks.:smash:

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I've recently been getting in touch with a lot of new local people (GFAQers), and they all express some interest in wanting to smash sometime. So that's some good news from up here.

Also, Frenzie, I'd like to try to make it down to your house sometime soon for a weekend smashfest. It seems like next weekend is the last weekend that a smashfest would be possible for me, at least, to attend. So hopefully we can figure out something once you get back from GS2.

Btw, new banner ^_^

x1372

Smash Ace
nice banner omni

anyway, yeah, hopefully we can get some smashfestish thing going before FC3. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to host one at my place... stupid family crap.

anyway, I need to play these gamefaqqers and such. I need to give them the test of competence: 2-stick peach.

So... yeah. Practice would be nice.

Sneak

Smash Rookie
Hey all.

I'm fairly new to the boards and am interested in attending a Smash event in Ohio.

I live in Dayton, OH

Ohio has an enormous amount of potential, but it can't be fully realized unless we spread out our skills and fight people other than the ones in our respective crews. Seriously, nobody outside of the state really thinks of Ohio as a competitive state too much. We need to work up some more reason to be noteworthy
Agreed. I could definitely use some fresh blood to face. My smash skills are getting rusty...

keRnjiro

Smash Journeyman
kern gives this thread his full support. i tried reviving the OSU thread, but that was a big fail.

im goin on vaca for a week with family this fri, i NEED to smash by then

anyone know smashers in the NYC area?

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
I live in Cincinnati and I would love to attend some sort of Smashfest. I really want to try playing people who are much better than me. It forces you to learn, whereas beating the same two predictable people over and over dulls your skills.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
hey ohio ppl. sorry if this gets flamed, but you all need to check out e=mc^2. it's in 5 days and we COULD be lookin at 50-60 ppl... not sure if they will all show up, but check it out. hope to see u there.

Smash Ace
Miss me???

heh, Anyone that lives in southern Ohio/Cincinnati should really come to Gamejunkie every Friday for FNL it costs 10 to get in, and you get a free drink and get to play all night.

i'm there every Friday. so Lavos and Sneak, we should get together and go to GJ,and i could introduce you guys to some of the Southern Ohio Smashers!

P.S. WTF happened to the fourms?!?!? how long was i Gone O_O

Drephen

Smash Master
yes i agree with kern. Whoever is best at ramming Bob in the *** is the best in Ohio. Lol and i don't think anyone can take that from vidjo.

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
Omnigamer said:
If nothing else, at least use this thread to let the rest of Ohio know how you're doing.
Wow, SWF finally did this. AWESOME!

btw, Im doing great.
I may not play this competitively anymore, but I still enjoy playing casual matches with people. I've taken a liking to Bowser.

HBA! Eh 1337? :laugh:

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't see her on there. In fact I check the list now and then and I'm asking because I've never seen her on there.

You know the thing is, if you don't sign up early you gotta put up an extra $20, that's not cool.

Drew D.

Smash Cadet
See below, made a mistake and double posted on accident instead of edit. Apologies. I seem to lack the ability to delete the post so if a mod could do so I would really appreciate it.

Drew D.

Smash Cadet
1337 said:
Miss me???

heh, Anyone that lives in southern Ohio/Cincinnati should really come to Gamejunkie every Friday for FNL it costs 10 to get in, and you get a free drink and get to play all night.

i'm there every Friday. so Lavos and Sneak, we should get together and go to GJ,and i could introduce you guys to some of the Southern Ohio Smashers!

P.S. WTF happened to the fourms?!?!? how long was i Gone O_O
Crap! This sounds totally sweet and I'm upset I just found out about this. What games other than smash do you guys play there?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Hey all, check out the tournaments forum for my tourney thread. Ohio's back in business, *****es!

Scizor11

Smash Cadet
anybody live in northern ohio, more towards the cleveland area, or the Lake erie and ohio/PA border?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
That would be us. We live in Elyria, on the west side of Cleveland, but we'll travel as long as its not too far.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
yeah, are you the guy i was talking to at FC?

i told 2 guys from northeastern ohio we'd come play them sometime, FC was their first tourney.

Scizor11

Smash Cadet
nope, ive never been to a tourney, but i wouldnt mind it. I wouldnt mind smashin with some people though, if we could find a place to smash at, hopefully somewhere inbetween us, but it wouldnt have to be.
Edit: i could make it to Elyria, its like and hour and a half from me. My ex lived almost that far, lol. If u and/or ur friends are up for some new challengers in the mix omni, i dont think it would be a problem to make a visit. Cant promise im any good though, my main opponents are usually comps. If u do, hopefully we could meet before summer is over and school starts, but w/e happens happens.

keRnjiro

Smash Journeyman
Kern Super Wonderful House Warming Smashfest Extravaganza!
Ya so im gettin an apartment, and i was thinking about throwing a super wonderful house warming smashfest extravaganza next week. I get off work at 8 or 9 the days i work sooo tell me what days yalls *****es be available

i havent played u *******s siiince......... like june so u better all make it (Pil and CGA) and anyone else who wants to come i guess. my place is about the same size as anujs but we plan to have more than just one loveseat, bc im not indian and i dont like to play videogames on the floor sitting indian style.
its near osu campus, on the opposite side of 315 (west campus)

Edit: Joe can make it tues or thurs, tues is best for me i think
Edit #2: i get my wisdom teeth out thurs... ****

Top Bottom