• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

keRnjiro

Smash Journeyman
k directions as best as i can

From 315
Right on Lane
Left on NorthStar
Left at the sign that says Heritage Apartments
When Presedential Parkway dead ends turn right
Turn right down the Alley (first right u can take)
1339 D is my address its up some stairs

Uttermadness

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm looking for people playing Melee near Columbus, OH. I specifically live in New Albany and have never played competative Smash Bros. before so I'd like to get in with a group of people who think they can b33f me up :).

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Uttermadness said:
Hey, I'm looking for people playing Melee near Columbus, OH. I specifically live in New Albany and have never played competative Smash Bros. before so I'd like to get in with a group of people who think they can b33f me up :).
Same here except I live in Pickerington and I've played in a couple of small tournaments here in town.

mathos

Smash Champion
BC and Utter you guys should really come to one of these smashfests at Kern's or Anuj's place. We have one about every week. I always love playing new people. And hopefully creating smash junkies out of them.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I'll try to make the next one then.

EDIT: Every Thursday in August Press Start Gaming is having a Smash day. It's free, for the time being, and you just bring your controller and you can play all day, or leave whenever. Also, if there is enough interest on that particular day, they said they'd set up a tournament. There's no need to sign up, just show up when you feel like it. Here's the link; directions are also on the home page if you need them.
http://www.pressstartgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1158

keRnjiro

Smash Journeyman
i personally would rather be at someones place for a smashfest then a store, especially since we all live pretty close to eachother and pressstart is pretty far away. whens the next time were playing? mathos u guys havin a housewarming smashfest too? anuj can we have another cga tourney soon? this recent lack of ohio tournies pisses me off.

mathos

Smash Champion
Yea we'll be moving in around the 14th. So I'll make sure we'll get a smashfest in before my school starts. **** semesters.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
keRnjiro said:
i personally would rather be at someones place for a smashfest then a store, especially since we all live pretty close to eachother and pressstart is pretty far away.
Oh, come now, Press Start is like someone's place, just sometimes there are annoying people that suck yet keep wanting to play with the big boys. Large pop storage and a Donatos doors away. As for the distance, well, that can't be solved by anything, but I would go if I had the transportation, and if it were someone's place, the invite also.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Kern, I'm down for smash any time till school (29th for me).
Make sure it's after 5pm so us working folk can make it :)

It feels like forever since my polaris smash fest... I need to play you guys more.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Deathscythehello was my partner in the last PSG tournament, the Kirby half of the team that beat Anoosh (the highlight of my life :) ), if you were wondering.

Drephen

Smash Master
smashfest on tues Aug 2

place: Kern's - look on last page or so for directions

time: whenever prolly after 2 pm

goal: to piss off kern by not letting him win once so that he understands that the only way to get better is to go to OUT OF STATE tournies

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
Buttcrust said:
Deathscythehello was my partner in the last PSG tournament, the Kirby half of the team that beat Anoosh (the highlight of my life :) ), if you were wondering.
Ah, yes, the first tournament use of the Room Service combo. I think we would have lost without it.

Rye

Smash Journeyman
Is that smash fest still going on? If you could reply quick, i'd spooge

Rye

Smash Journeyman
define "come down"

if you mean cincinatti (spelling), then that would depend. Smash doesn't bering as much joy to me as it once did. If I went, I'd want to go with other people. The smash crowd is cool, but smash is old :(

Maybe a columbus-cincinatti (spelling) smashing fest

also, When?

Drephen

Smash Master
lol 1337 you need to hurry up and turn 16 so you can drive to Columbus. There's like 20 people here and 2 people there. For all you other new smashers start coming to smashfests. Dunno if we are gonna have it at Kern's anymore cause everytime I get home i have to rush to my room and change clothes to make sure my parents don't smell all the weed on me. :urg:

Rye

Smash Journeyman
man.. You guys rip on vidjo a lot. I really wish I knew why :)

Drew D.

Smash Cadet
Yo 1337, you going to Friday Night Live tonight? If you'll be there, I'll go. My friend and I have been wanting to play someone decent. (Which means I have a ride)

(**** sorry for the double post >.<)

Drephen

Smash Master
man kern wtf did you say? I've been staring at your post for 5 min now trying to fill in the blank but can't seem to figure it out.

Top Bottom