• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Framerate

Smash Lord
Anyone near the west side of Cleveland?
Eddie! It's Tim. Can you drive? I'm not doing anything today/tonight. I could get Geoff to drive us but I'd have to wait for him to get out of class.

Do you know what Anthony is up to today?

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
would anyone be interested in a brawl/melee fest around xmas time? I was thinking of havin a small tourney say 15-20 people at my house in Medina. If so what date would work for you guys?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Master I might be interested if I can get a ride (I'll be in Akron). Might bring my bro too if possible. A little before or after X-mas is best though.

Generally speaking, I'm up for anything in the Akron/Cleveland area providing I can get a ride or ride a bus there, as I currently am without transportation.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hope some of you come to the Tournament in Cleveland on the 27th of this Month...It should be rather interesting....Check out Nojoes Thread for more details....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm hoping to make it. It really depends on whether or not I can find transportation.

aquteen

Smash Ace
Man no one posts here anymore...

well I'm just bumping this to say that It needs to be moved to the social board.

and lol

everytime I get home i have to rush to my room and change clothes to make sure my parents don't smell all the weed on me. :urg:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
My buddies and I hang out over in Pickerington, Ohio in a video game store called Press Start Gaming (PSG). Come play some Melee with us before the upcoming Middle of Ohio Tournament. Send me a PM if you think you're coming down so I can make sure I'm there.

Address
Press Start Gaming
1224 Hill Rd N
Pickerington, OH 43147

Also, if you already have a local group you play with, me and a few friends would be happy to travel out (roughly around 30-45min away at most any given weekend) to play as well. We haven't been on the competitive scene for a few months, so we wanna catch up with some people.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm more stoked for Middle of Ohio 6ish. I'm practicing hard (not really) for my goal of getting a game in with drephen and taking him to 2 stock. It could happen....no it will happen!!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And I'm even more stoked for you not running off with my controller and disappearing for a month! (Oh, and I need to play you again. Where the hell have you gone anyway?)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm not free on Fridays anymore! All of my weekdays are now busy until 5PM and I'll work on that whole controller thing, hopefully I get another one in the next few weeks

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
So, with this recent revival in the melee scene, Ohio is lacking. Aquteen and I have been hosting tournaments for a bit, but that's about all I'm seeing in Ohio. (and as a TO, I don't get to play all that much because of tournament running duties)

Who's gonna step up and host other melee tournaments?

EDIT: Or smashfests, those are just as important.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Well, I can put this up, for what it's worth.

I've got a venue for on and off smashfests at the Panera's Bread in Massillon. Massillon/Canton/etc seems to be very far away from everyone else in Ohio for some reason.

Anyway, the smashfests are on Saturdays, whenever I or Darrell choose to hold them.

It's not a GIGANTIC venue, just the back room of the store. I've seen it comfortably hold 12 people. Has room for about 4 setups, possibly more with a multi-socket-thingy.

We've got it set up for tomorrow, 4:00 (PM) to 10:00 (PM) and have 5 planning to attend. I doubt that a lot of people could fit nicely, but it's just something on the side. If it gains in popularity, we could hold it more often so that everyone interested doesn't have to come and crowd the place.

It's not the greatest, but it's what I've got. Everywhere else is like a 2+ hour drive from where I am. @_@

Address:
2010 Lincoln Way E
Massillon, OH, 44646.

If anyone wanted to attend, be my guest. Just don't bring your pocket crew of 20. D:

[Wasn't planning on broadcasting this smashfest, but giving Ohio a chance for some activity seemed like a genuine thing. I doubt a lot of people would be interested on such short notice, but who knows?]

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
In Dayton we have smashfests at Sinclair Comm. College on Tues and Thurs (though we're usually there every day anyway.).

Springfield also has monthly smashfest/tournies.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of trying to host Melee tourneys/fests. Only problem is my potential venue would probably be big/EXPENSIVE, so I'd need a good tournout for it to be affordable...

And with how unpopular I am in the Smash world, I don't know how likely that'd be.

Also, if it'd be a bigger tournament, I'd like a good group of people to help run it with me, and I don't know how many volunteers I could really muster up...

@ Skyson

You guys' 'fest is roughly 2.5 hours from my group. If around 4 of us came up, would that be too many?

Skyson

Smash Ace
Well, judging by the fact that no one else has said anything (implying that nobody else is coming), I don't see why not.

If I had to try to put a limit on bodies, I'd say 14 or 15 total. There's a potential 6 coming from our side, though I see only 5 really.

Melee is pretty much all we're playing at this one, major anti-Brawlism. <_<

So sure.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm up for anything within 45 min of Dayton. Maybe an hour tops, but I doubt I can go any further away.

I'm cool with anti-brawlism, the pure brawlers just don't get that melee provides a higher % of fun....they will learn ( ;

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well, judging by the fact that no one else has said anything (implying that nobody else is coming), I don't see why not.

If I had to try to put a limit on bodies, I'd say 14 or 15 total. There's a potential 6 coming from our side, though I see only 5 really.

Melee is pretty much all we're playing at this one, major anti-Brawlism. <_<

So sure.
Gah, change of plans. Most of my group is working tomorrow, so we'll be opting out.

We might step it up some other time, though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey now, my pure-brawlism is brought on by the fact my melee disc stoppedworking and you stopped showing up... >.<

Skyson

Smash Ace
Gah, change of plans. Most of my group is working tomorrow, so we'll be opting out.

We might step it up some other time, though.
Ah, not a problem. I thought I was setting myself up for last-minute changes by posting the smashfest last minute.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh yeah sorry, Canton's a fair distance away. You could try to get the Akron crew to join you guys though.

Also, Fizzle, Shhhhh...! I don't want people knowing the real reason I'm not playing Melee is because of Kirby!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
There are a lot of people at Akron that brawl that don't go to tournaments. Team Faded hasa house there and One of the guys, (ponyman) is probably one of the most solid brawlers in ohio.

Clarifying that, they play amongst themselves, and with the people that come back to my hometown from college(Dayton and OSU guys)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Does anyone have melee biweeklies?
Threads are typically more useful when you bother reading them.
(see next quote)
someone should post about how there starting melee biweeklys in c-bus.

that would be nice
I'll try to make a few of these. I've been practicing hard lately and am confident that I am near the top of the Dayton scene. Besides I can't fufill my life's dream of getting Drephen to 2 stock from here.:joyful:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
We've really gotta get a place that's in the very center of Ohio that we can just meet up and play at.

Nothing really 'scheduled,' so much as it just becomes a place to play Smash. A lot.

Top Bottom