• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Wise-ness aside, who's planning to go to POE II and Middle of Ohio VI? These are both Melee Midwest Circuit Events, so we need to rep it up, kids. No slacking.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to make it to Middle of Ohio V, my game's been a little off over the past few weeks and I'm sure this would help. Now I have to find out where/when POE II and quite possibly get around to editing this post with my status on that....nah

On a side note, can someone tell me how Mango gets away with all those Uairs because it doesn't work too well when I try it (=

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Just wondering (now that this threads been bumped again) does anyone have the title of undisputed Best Brawler in Ohio? I'm assuming it's probably OS, but if someone can confirm or tell me who else I'll get 3 stocked by, plz do.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Quivo Quivo Quivo Quivo Quivo.

And AZ isn't bad either, I guess...

Also isn't OS from Kentucky?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wait... there's another [good] Sonic player in Ohio other than ITT?

Also, AZ and Quivo are good too.

Finally, being that I'm back in Akron, if any of you Akron guys want to get some games in, I'm up for it.

King~

Smash Champion
Wait... there's another [good] Sonic player in Ohio other than ITT?

Also, AZ and Quivo are good too.

Finally, being that I'm back in Akron, if any of you Akron guys want to get some games in, I'm up for it.
theres a tourney in akron tommrow, you should come

also there are possibly two sonic players better than itt

shugo and maybe blue rogue(wont know till he comes to a tourney)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Could you send me a link to the tourny thread? (Not sure I can come since it's so last minute, but hey, maybe?)

Also, awesome! Glad to hear Sonic's getting some good rep in Ohio. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play some of these guys in the near future.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhh... That's why I couldn't find it.

Hmmm... I'll try to go, though I'll have to check with my GF if we had anything planned.

Also, is anyone giving rides? (I'm on the other side of Akron. I'd be willing to pay for the gas.)
I got back to Akron a week ago, so things are still hectic atm, so I don't know if I'll have time to take multiple buses again like last time, not to mention last time I came, buses were no longer running by the time we ended and I had to bum a ride off of a friend to get back. He wasn't pleased...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fizzle, you should start a melee tourny (or talk to Scribble and try to convince him to get one organized for the next NexusLAN event.).

Top Bottom