• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
MK should not be banned.I believe people need to adopt a new attitiude and start playing smarter/better.

Dont be a b***h and learn to be better than a character!

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
Why is allowing garbage characters to be used a valid reason for the ban? This is competitive gaming. Garbage usually characters don't get to win. MK not existing won't let low tiers win, anyways. Dedede, Snake, etc. still negate them to nothingness. Not allowed MK will let...Marth be amazing and bottom tier characters somtimes place one spot higher.
I don't seem to see that being used as an argument for the ban, really. They aren't saying "garbage characters" will win, but rather you'll see a greater range of the high tier characters placing well/better/winning. Which, y'know, you kinda pointed out. Without MK, there's several other characters that will beat out the "garbage characters," not (as the argument for the ban goes) just MK.

I have far too little experience with Brawl/competitive Brawl in order to 'debate' properly, but hey.

Smash Master
More people really need to get awesome with Snake and turn on the CAMP to full power. People would stop saying MK has no counters. :(

Pitch a tent. I mean...a HUGE tent. Ringling Bros. ****. That big.
Believe me they've been trying for three months.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
MK should not be banned.I believe people need to adopt a new attitiude and start playing smarter/better.

Dont be a b***h and learn to be better than a character!
I'm getting so sick of this arguement because it assumes that:

1. every Metaknight player will always remain at the same skill level.

2. every Metaknight player is completely and utterly ******** and will never learn how to counter certain strategies or pick up new ones.

3. absolutely no one has been trying to get better in this matchup with whatever character they use at all.

Really, you have to be better and smarter to start with; you won't magically become better than someone unless they slack off along the way. For example, even if I go balls to wall training for the next two years, I will not be on the same level as Azen, it's a fact based on what I've said.

OverLade

Smash Hero
More people really need to get awesome with Snake and turn on the CAMP to full power. People would stop saying MK has no counters. :(

I can agree that this makes the matchup like a bazillion times harder. Everyone go watch vids of Ally playing. THAT'S nadecamping.

I can fight Metaknight pretty well with Sheik/Zelda. Practice the match up, and you'll see they can fight him decently. (well with only using Zelda for kills at least)
I've beaten a few good Metas with Sheik or Zelda, but against a pro level Meta they aren't going to help. If you're beating MK's with those characters, then you're obviously a much better player than they are to begin with. I personally think Zelda has SOME spacing game on MK, as well as camping game, but in reality they'll never win against a top level Meta.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

until this, i just thought you were an arrogant,ignorant, dickish prick.
this made me really laugh, goood stuff.

youre still wrong.... but at least it was amusing

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
2. If MK were to be banned, no character would dominate. THAT'S WHY WE WANT HIM BANNED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Plus, not having MK opens the doors to other characters since more people will play a greater variety of characters and it may also remove a debilitating weakness of others.
I really do hate this argument. MK isn't everyone's worst character, so it really wouldn't open the doors to everyone.

DK still has to worry about Donkey Kong
Kirby still has to worry about Snake and Marth
Dedede still has to worry about Ice Climbers

Stuff like this, y'know?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
This makes me think of mortal kombat... when people(my dumb friends) demanded noob saibot to be removed...

Thankfully that code no longer exists...

well it might in one arcade box or so...

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I really do hate this argument. MK isn't everyone's worst character, so it really wouldn't open the doors to everyone.

Stuff like this, y'know?
Most people play with multiple characters. However none of their characters, no matter who you play as, has an advantage over Metaknight. For example I play as Kirby. I have a problem with Marth (I'm not sure if I totally agree about Snake). I also play King Dedede, who doesn't have a problem with Marth. And Kirby doesn't have to worry about Ice Climbers.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Stuff like this, y'know?
lolwhut?

any way, but if MK has an advantage over everyone than when he is banned everyone wont switch to the same character. let me put like this.
theres 3 guys guy 1 plays marth, both guy two and 3 play MK
in this situation guy 1 for the most part wont win. and than hes not happy
lets now say that Mk gets banned
guy 1 stays marth
guy 2 goes from Mk to diddy (dojo)
guy 3 goes from MK to snake (slippery slope argument)
in this situation everyone has a near equal chance of winning, because all of those matches are fairly even...
everyones happy

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You know when talking about opening doors, you have to understand that while most characters ***** by MK are already bad, without him, they could deal with a lot of their match ups fine.

Kirby's main issue really isn't MK. People who can really effectively out space his *** like Lucario, are his main issues. Yes, MK is a problem, but I'm more worried about Snake than Mk.

On a side note, anyone who thinks that banning MK would ever actually present new opportunities has not studied the game enough.

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Honestly MK isn't THAT OP to even be considered to be banned. Yah sure he has a lot of advantages and is very buggy, but I still don't get why people whine. In all honesty he has a lot of disadvantages too. Debating if MK shud be banned is pretty much the same as debating whether or not Fox should have been banned after the whole discovery of the whole SHINE BLIND thing (compliments to Zel). They more than likely won't ban him because a lot of people like to play as him. People should stop whining and try to get good with there own main so they can beat MK users. Remeber; MK is about as light as a Mortal Kombat game cartridge so anyone with hitting power can send him flying.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
I can fight Metaknight pretty well with Sheik/Zelda. Practice the match up, and you'll see they can fight him decently. (well with only using Zelda for kills at least)
I never said that I couldn't fight MK well, and in fact I've beaten respectable MK's and gone on par with some pro-MK's. BUT that doesn't change my arguments against MK, that he is insanely easy to pick up, effectively doubling success overnight, and has no counterpicks.

Pro brawler, how are you part of that director group?

You make no sense.

1. Peach owns, get it?

2. Yes another character would dominate, the reason we want to ban MK is for matchups, if you ban one character on top of it all, its gonna completely change every matchup. For the characters who ABSOLUTELY FAIL against MK. Take a tower of blocks, MK is on the bottom supporting all the rest of the characters, you pull him out the rest of them shift around. ( aka collapse )

3. I agree
Every other character already has a strong counterpick besides MK. And the Peach thing was just a joke. Oh, and I got into the group because I had the credentials.

Stuff like this, y'know?
I never said he was EVERYONES worst character, nor did I say that he would help EVERYONE. Just some. And the fact that characters still have counterpicks besides MK proves my point above.

I love how people have to resort to counter-arguements with points I didn't even put in my own. Lol.

asob4

Smash Champion
i'll listen to inui, and do "perfect camping" with olimar and see how well i do in the biweekly (gonna be about 100 people more or less)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow @ how uncampy those Olimars must be. Peach's float is owned by f-b and her d-air loses to u-smash.
Except all of her aerials beat out all of Olimar's pikmin attacks. Only uptilt can do anything versus a floating Peach. And even then, it's hard to time an uptilt when she can drop down with a nair, bair, or fair any time during about a 3 second time period. She can just float over grabs and fsmashes and shield pressure with dair. No sane Olimar OR Peach player will tell you that this matchup isn't heavily.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
lolwhut?

any way, but if MK has an advantage over everyone than when he is banned everyone wont switch to the same character. let me put like this.
theres 3 guys guy 1 plays marth, both guy two and 3 play MK
in this situation guy 1 for the most part wont win. and than hes not happy
lets now say that Mk gets banned
guy 1 stays marth
guy 2 goes from Mk to diddy (dojo)
guy 3 goes from MK to snake (slippery slope argument)
in this situation everyone has a near equal chance of winning, because all of those matches are fairly even...
everyones happy
Oops, that was supposed to say Dedede. XP

Stupid short term memory.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i'll listen to inui, and do "perfect camping" with olimar and see how well i do in the biweekly (gonna be about 100 people more or less)
Try to almost never approach. Make them come to you and then punish with grabs and stuff. It works really well for Atomsk and BlackWaltz.

Except all of her aerials beat out all of Olimar's pikmin attacks. Only uptilt can do anything versus a floating Peach. And even then, it's hard to time an uptilt when she can drop down with a nair, bair, or fair any time during about a 3 second time period. She can just float over grabs and fsmashes and shield pressure with dair. No sane Olimar OR Peach player will tell you that this matchup isn't heavily.
Up B beats floating Peach...and anything else in the air.

Atomsk and BlackWaltz are insane? I'd say they're top players.

-__-

Smash Ace
Wow nubs MK not guna be banned. period.. hes not broken to the point where hes untouchable or undefeatable....

1) Lag on moves (he lags :O how?!?!?... simple if u notice all his moves must attack front and back. Punish after the frontal attack) ( with the exception of fair bair and tilts.)

2) But but tornado...... But but FOOTSTOOL

3) Updefense is terrible.

4) but but he can glide attack and it killz... but but u can powershield to anything.

5) his range is broken... like i said he lags on his moves...

6) THERES NO WAY TO EDGE GUARD HIM!!! ..... silly noob u can spike him if not space ur aeriel so that itll cancel with his glide attack and punish afterwards.. expect another upb tho noobomlet.

MK is not broken just overly prioritized which is why u just gata play patient with him and counter after all his moves...

M.K

Level 55
Wow nubs MK not guna be banned. period.. hes not broken to the point where hes untouchable or undefeatable....

1) Lag on moves (he lags :O how?!?!?... simple if u notice all his moves must attack front and back. Punish after the frontal attack) ( with the exception of fair bair and tilts.)

3) Updefense is terrible.

4) but but he can glide attack and it killz... but but u can powershield to anything.

5) his range is broken... like i said he lags on his moves...

6) THERES NO WAY TO EDGE GUARD HIM!!! ..... silly noob u can spike him if not space ur aeriel so that itll cancel with his glide attack and punish afterwards.. expect another upb tho noobomlet.

MK is not broken just overly prioritized which is why u just gata play patient with him and counter after all his moves...
*facepalm*

There is no hope for people like you. I give up.

*jumps into a wood chipper*

Ills

Smash Apprentice
*facepalm*

There is no hope for people like you. I give up.

*jumps into a wood chipper*
Anyway, I'll be taking your wallet now, since you have even no want to even converse with -___-.

I mean it's not like people get wood chipper'd every day, right?

GofG

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever seen, irl or in a video, a player attempt to footstool a tornado, much less succeed. Do you seriously believe that his tornado is countered by footstooling?

edit: Oh wait you were trolling. Nvm.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry but I just had to respond to this even if its nothing to do with the topic.

Olimar's upsmash does not beat Peach's down air. And Olimar's UP B only hits at one angle. Don't float at exactly a 45 degree angle and it can't really do much to you. Also, if you float and save your second jump, you can use that second jump to dodge the up b and attack him right after using that jump as a dodge to the up b.

I usually approach Olimar with short hop back airs personally. That move is the bane of Olimar. I shield, short hop back air, and repeat, react to what he's doing. He has to be at least 3 steps ahead of me to beat that approach because Back air will simultaneously destroy pikmin (even purple ones) and attack Olimar in one animation swoop. Short hop down air approach is really good too. Floating is not a good idea for Peach against Olimar unless she's already inside. The reason its a one sided matchup is because her aerials, and short hopping or using them in quick maneuvers is much preferred over slow floating.

Inui I cannot fathom why you think Peach has a bad approach. The only character in the game that she cannot approach is Metaknight, actually.

I personally consider it a joke to say Peach doesn't have a solid advantage against Olimar.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
But Edrees! This is INUI. He obviously knows what he is talking about. He's had an exceptional record and Brawl and definitely didn't switch mains to Metaknight after losing to a Sonic to see a boost in tournament placings. No, he's picked his own main and built him from the ground up rather than leeching off of everyone else to climb out of a pit of mediocrity. Olimar, the character he nor any other top player mains, is the best in the game and his camping is unstoppable but people don't do it because they don't love money enough! You're biased.

GofG

Smash Champion
But Edrees! This is INUI. He obviously knows what he is talking about. He's had an exceptional record and Brawl and definitely didn't switch mains to Metaknight after losing to a Sonic to see a boost in tournament placings. No, he's picked his own main and built him from the ground up rather than leeching off of everyone else to climb out of a pit of mediocrity. Olimar, the character he nor any other top player mains, is the best in the game and his camping is unstoppable but people don't do it because they don't love money enough! You're biased.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This is possibly THE MOST LEGENDARY post I've ever read on Smashboards.

Sweet lords, it's so awesome, i had to read it several times to drink it in.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I think he should be banned because he has near lagless moves, all of his b moves recovery, and he has a complete advantage over almost all of the characters?
His tournament wins are also waaaay high

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
http://img42.onemanga.com/mangas/00000009/00000358/07.jpg
http://img42.onemanga.com/mangas/00000009/00000358/08.jpg
'Nuff said.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
but Edrees! This Is inui. He Obviously Knows What He Is Talking About. He's Had An Exceptional Record And Brawl And Definitely Didn't Switch Mains To Metaknight After Losing To A Sonic To See A Boost In Tournament Placings. No, He's Picked His Own Main And Built Him From The Ground Up Rather Than Leeching Off Of Everyone Else To Climb Out Of A Pit Of Mediocrity. Olimar, The Character He Nor Any Other Top Player Mains, Is The Best In The Game And His Camping Is Unstoppable But People Don't Do It Because They Don't Love Money Enough! You're Biased.
Roflmao!!!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Didn't you play a Bowser in winner's finals once?

Nice region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom