• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adumbrodeus the shield and mario cape act differently.
The cape affects the movement of an individual rather than the attack.
While pit's shield will affect the attack rather than the movement itself.
I think.
Then why do both work on Ganon's reverse warlock punch?

If so, I'm a little confused as to why the physics of both function the same.

I THINK it's that Pit's shield requires contact with a hitbox to work it's magic, but otherwise functions the same. Which could eliminate a lot of neat stuff but oh well.

Confirmation would be nice.

Me as well.
Not me, I love my name.

Also, could I get a nice monicled and top-hatted avie? I asked a little earlier in the thread, but I guess you didn't notice.

*cries*

j/k(about crying, I do want the avie change, please?*

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Then why do both work on Ganon's reverse warlock punch?

If so, I'm a little confused as to why the physics of both function the same.

I THINK it's that Pit's shield requires contact with a hitbox to work it's magic, but otherwise functions the same. Which could eliminate a lot of neat stuff but oh well.

Confirmation would be nice.
I tested it just now. Yeah the onl diference is the shield can only eflect during the hitbox and not before or after. Making the cape more useful

TP

Smash Master
Would a roll of toilet paper look good in a top hat and monocle? If so, I want one.

On topic: The tiers should be called top, high, mid 1, mid 2, mid 3, low, bottom.

:034:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
One of the first melee tourneys I was at.... ~60 entrants.... there were three ppl with GOD in their game tag:
GOD
GOD?
!GOD

the ! prefix in programming is often used as negation. So we had one guy sure he was GOD, one guy who was sure he wasn't GOD, and one guy who couldn't decide either way.

iirc GOD? won the tourney...... with a beastin' Luigi

tl;dr: GOD is so unoriginal :p

Aha but you see, in my time it was. These fools are simply mortals who are after the glory that comes with being the original God

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Can I get one them new-fangled avatars?
Any depiction of Captain Falcon is too manly to wear a tophat and monacle. Don't desecrate his epic name. D=<

I personally beleive "You just doesn't know" was a more humorous fad than the monacle thing.

On topic: Mario's cape is a borderline broken asset to an otherwise only adequate character. If Mario actually holds mid tier potential, he should at least be the apical figure of the low tiers (assuming Pokemon Trainer is in mid) considering they have abysmal results as well.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Adumbrodeus the shield and mario cape act differently.
The cape affects the movement of an individual rather than the attack.
While pit's shield will affect the attack rather than the movement itself.
I think.

I am fairly sure that the Cape and Shield are actually quite similar, the only difference is that the Cape can work on people who are standing still while the shield needs the oponent to initiate an action. Think of the Cape as more of an attack than the shield is.

Another nice advantage that the Cape has over the shield is the mid-air stall. When Pit uses the shield in the air, he just freefalls :(

tl;dr: GOD is so unoriginal
Very, very true! Accidently naming yourself after a protein supplement is so much cooler.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
SWF fails for not letting you take the latter name, since that's sooooo much superior to your current one.
Both names are good, but yeah, the latter one would have been funnier. So, Spadefox, why did you call yourself Spadefox anyway? Since we're on the topic of usernames here...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
WOW how off topic this thread goes amuses even me.

mine is from my love for Cherries, and the fact that I have used pink samus since melee, I called her My personal cherry, thus decided on Cherry 64,

64 4TehLulz!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't ask me where I got this name from, considering back in Melee I didn't main/strongly second Dr. Mario lol.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Because when you make a tag, you have three choices:

1. Super cool ninja name like "Hihjitsu Saija" or random Japanese name that you made up
2. Nick name or phrase followed by a number or 7 numbers
3. Video game character misspelled or leet-ized.

I didn't want to do any of those so I chose this. It was either Supermodel From Paris or Jeanne d'Arc's Estranged Pagan Brother, but the latter didn't fit.
you could do what I did and take your name from a random creature in a video game that most people don't know the names for any of the creatures in said game lol

****ing metroid fusion ruined the obscurity factor though, more evidence that it was a massive failure

(j/k I think fusion is ok)

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Wow, you learn new stuff everyday. I learned two things. One was the whole cape stuff. The other was that Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn has this wonderful system in which you will always gain a stat when you gain a level. I'm not talking bonus experience, because we know about that - I'm talking Rafiel gaining Strength with a 0% growth.

But nobody here cares about that.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Meh, I chose my username because.... I couldn't really think of anything better at the time! :laugh: Plus I like animals.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I chose my name just by thinking of two words and putting them together, I thought it turned out fairly well. But we're really off topic so let's try and bring it back.

I see we were talking about shields, who has the best shield?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I chose my name just by thinking of two words and putting them together, I thought it turned out fairly well. But we're really off topic so let's try and bring it back.

I see we were talking about shields, who has the best shield?
I'm not quite sure who has the best shield, but Yoshi's is definitely the worst.

As a general rule, smaller characters get better shield cover (which is pretty obvious if you think about it logically). Jigglypuff has a very large shield, but to compensate for that, if it breaks, you die. So yeah, I don't really know who has the best shield...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser or Ganondorf have the best shields, not sure which one exactly, but since Bowser has Fortress OoS, I'd say Bowser's shield is more useful~

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So guys, I think Marth will be in S Tier next tier list.

He's pretty awesome, and his tippered strong hit neutral air is almost as powerful as tipper fsmash but is like 500x easier to hit with.

Totally god tier. Who cares about that whole "Meta Knight" thing.

Also Peach should be above Donkey Kong and Pit as well as Marth in S tier!
because you just doesn't know.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Bowser or Ganondorf have the best shields, not sure which one exactly, but since Bowser has Fortress OoS, I'd say Bowser's shield is more useful~
Hold on a second. Are we talking about the characteristics of each character's shield (shield cover, size etc.) or their ooS options? I'm confused... :dizzy:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I was talking about the shields themselves, and added that Bowser's OoS options are better than Ganondorf's (who has none) because I didn't know whose is better.

I think Bowser has the best shield, though.

I was talking about the shields themselves, and added that Bowser's OoS options are better than Ganondorf's (who has none) because I didn't know whose is better.

I think Bowser has the best shield, though.
But with Bowser having such a large hurtbox, he is more easily shield poked right?

*Note: You have the greatest avatar ever! Monicle & Top Hat Dragon Combo is too pro :bee:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
But with Bowser having such a large hurtbox, he is more easily shield poked right?

*Note: You have the greatest avatar ever! Monicle & Top Hat Dragon Combo is too pro :bee:
If a Bowser does sit in a shield for too long, yes. The reason for his large shield is in fact due to his massive size.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ey fox boy. Do you go to tournaments?
I wouldn't know what that has to do with my knowledge, experience or skill. :)

Also, would you mind stopping calling me foxboy? That creeps me out like hell. Especially since I'm older than you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wouldn't know what that has to do with my knowledge, experience or skill. :)

Also, would you mind stopping calling me foxboy? That creeps me out like hell. Especially since I'm older than you.
Which was something I was not going for in terms of the question. Don't know why you so protective of the question. Simple yes or no.

Also you have your style and I have mine. Hmmm, where have I heard to at before........

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
spadefox was one of those guys that I could just look at the picture and know who was posting, the same way if you scroll past a random wall of orange text, you can easily tell that DP made it and that you are free to ignore the entire post.

now he has that (sleeping beauty?) dragon, and im going to have to completely relearn how to identify him.

Thanks a lot, you ****...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
spadefox was one of those guys that I could just look at the picture and know who was posting, the same way if you scroll past a random wall of orange text, you can easily tell that DP made it and that you are free to ignore the entire post.

now he has that (sleeping beauty?) dragon, and im going to have to completely relearn how to identify him.

Look for the purple/green avatar with the good ol' englishman accessories... Minus tea and crumpets. ;)

If ZSS makes it to high tier next tier list, all my mains will be high tier and higher... Not a day goes by that I regret taking ZSS as my 1st main, she is too intense... Her speed is just crazy. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is that... An invitation to an MM? :O
No, just something I heard a while ago that kinds does not make sense. And I will not speak of it in this thread. Thus lead to my question, then I'll explain why I asked.

Edit- I quit tournaments, which also makes my question worth wild.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Edit- I quit tournaments, which also makes my question worth wild.
Exactly why I asked, you keep stating that you quit tourneys, so it would have been quite interesting seeing you invite someone to an MM in whatever tourney you both would have decided to go if that was the case.

And it's cool then, I won't ask anymore.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

It's easy to identify me. Just look for Waluigi's crotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom