• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Completely out of the blue prediction: Diddy goes up to be third.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm still sure Snake is better. I kinda got that the general consensus from SWF from that "Snake isn't 2nd"thread is that Snake actually is 2nd.

But at this point it is definite that Diddy is top 3.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Diddy won't be 2 yet. I think he's better than Snake but it takes time for peoples preconceptions to change and Diddy doesn't have nearly as good rep as Snake, meaning that his tournament results still can't surpass Snake which is the main thing some people look at. Maybe in v5.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, Diddy's definitely 3rd... Not because of Pound4, but because he's just generally better than Wario/all the other people in top/high tier. You guys are letting HYPE and each characters' pros cloud your judgments. I still remember how people used to say "Snake is #1, MK is #2" when Ally beat M2K the first couple of tourneys he appeared at, and how people spammed "Wifi helps you get better because of prediction skills!"...

This "Diddy is #2" is just an effect of ADHD's hype. What will happen once M2K learns the MU and beats ADHD like he beats Ally now (playing gay)? Will people start saying "BAN MK" yet again? It's all hype that people bring for tourneys.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Inui has a good MU, Ganon does not.

Question is does that warrant him going higher?

Also I concur with Nic64, Diddy just needs results to reel in that position with more tourney wins, it isn't out of the question, even having some more radical MUs is insignificant if the whole factor contributes to a character that deals with the best in a really good fashion.

humble

Smash Ace
Alright as a player I find certain characters that I feel I don't understand the reasons why they are so low. So can you explain the reasoning for the placings of these characters?

Mario
Samus
Peach
Pit

I don't want to claim that they are placed wrong; simply that I don't have enough knowledge to understand their placings, so I thought I would appeal to the many great minds in this thread to teach me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's stuff like this that stops people from taking him seriously, basically every time he loses to somebody it "that character counters mine".

While I'm sure he isn't just johning, getting his a** handed to him definitely seems to color his impressions of the character, and the fact that he does it so consistently makes it difficult for us to tell if he's right.

Im guessing you don't play many Samuses? Ok, heres the main reasons:

1) Her ground game. It's actually suprisingly fail for a heavy character. Her main gtfo moves (UpB OoS and ftilt) can be easily avoided by the slightest poor spacing done by the Samus player, and even then, at higher %s, they really loose their "touch" you could say. You can SDI out of UpB and ftilt is only one move... Get inside her wall of spam, and there is honestly next to nothing she can do about it.

Her smashes are also exceptionally awful. Dsmash has a lot of cool down and is punishable if missed or shielded, Usmash is completely useless since it can be easily DIed out of by ANY character and is easily punished and her fsmash has some cooldown aswell, it's also not that much of a killer, which brings me onto her next point.

2) KO power. She has none. Charge shot, D tilt, Fsmash (tilted up), utilt, bair are her main kill moves, all of which don't KO Mario until 130%+ WITH DI from the centre of FD. Dtilt is really easy to land, but it's like Peach's fair, it's to **** good to not stale. Utilt, Bair, CS and Fsmash are not easy to land either, so her options become severly limited.

3) Floaty. Her floatyness ruins her weight class. Since she is so floaty, her momentum cancel isn't as good as other heavies, I must admit however, she has one hell of a savior when she's sent horizontally (bomb cancel).

4) Tall. Since she is so tall, she gets hit by nearly everything so **** easily so it's really easy to land combos on her unlike other floaties like Peach and Jiggs.

5) Grab game. Despite her having the second longest grab in the game (Olimar being the first) the delay, startup and ending lag on her missed grabs are absolutly diabolical. She can eat a near to fully charged smash if she misses.

I would have said Pummel, but I already proved it hits Bowser, so it's not a issue anymore.

Although, with that said, with the tools Samus actually has that revolve around her mid range game such as missles, zair, uair she doesn't really deserve to be bottom of E tier. Her ledge game is argueably top three in the entire game, she has tools to gimp ALOT of the cast for early KOs and her jab cancels are exceptionally nice.

Overall I'd say she deserves to be two or three spots higher, but meh, Im not really to bothered by her current placement, she's in the right tier at least.

tocador

Smash Lord
WIFI HELPS PREDICTIONS SKILZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M2K coulda have 3-0 ADHD at winners and at GF if he wanted.

He just needed to play gay, but then, i dont think anymore if M2K cares for getting first everytime, pretty much just looks like he wants to kinda have fun, you know?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I believe wifi does help. In the fighting game community, the best players have always been bred in the arcades. Wifi is the closest thing to an Arcade nowadays. It supplements your game, along with friendlies, tournaments, and money matches.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
What is the ultimate goal of the tier list? If it is to rank the highest possible metagame (as we know it) of every character, then Diddy should be #2, because as we have seen, Diddy can shut nearly ANYONE down, if played perfectly (including MK, according to M2K).

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
MK
Falco
Snake
Diddy Kong
Marth
ICs
Wario
DDD
Olimar
Pikachu
Mr. G&W
Fox

These are the only characters viable of winning a national tournament, IMO. The later 3 are extremely hard to do it with.

That's my prediction of what the tierlist will be eventually.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^fox that has to be a joke right? he has no chance at all. G&W i would also say no but he has a much better chance then fox, and pika maybe i mean anther is pretty good so maybe but fox really why did u put him on your list there are so many that have a chance before him.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yeah Fox is going to win that national tournament as long as he doesn't run into the Ice Climbers. Or Pikachu. Or Zelda / Sheik. Or Zero Suit Samus.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well if falco learns how to go at least 5:5 with ice climbers then maybe
that hard counter stops him from being top 3

Also fox vs ZSS isnt that bad even with the infinite

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
IMO Diddy isn't better than Snake. He has more and better advantaged matchups overall. And he lives and kill a way better than Diddy.

iRJi

Smash Champion
MK
Falco
Snake
Diddy Kong
Marth
ICs
Wario
DDD
Olimar
Pikachu
Mr. G&W
Fox

These are the only characters viable of winning a national tournament, IMO. The later 3 are extremely hard to do it with.

That's my prediction of what the tierlist will be eventually.
This is so flawed. No information on why for each, and then listing off characters that have very bad weaknesses to other characters, makes it very nonviable to go by

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This is so flawed. No information on why for each, and then listing off characters that have very bad weaknesses to other characters, makes it very nonviable to go by
If anything, the only flaw there is Fox. Everything else hits the mark due to it being full of top/high tiers (Kirby's the only one left).

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
If I ever see a Kirby, G&W, Pikachu, or Olimar win a national level tournament in the US, I'll buy the world a coke. Or at least buy Smashboards a coke.

Spoiler:
It won't happen.

iRJi

Smash Champion
not to toot my own character, but lucario has the potential to do it as well. Just sayin.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
What is the ultimate goal of the tier list? If it is to rank the highest possible metagame (as we know it) of every character, then Diddy should be #2, because as we have seen, Diddy can shut nearly ANYONE down, if played perfectly (including MK, according to M2K).
Against other characters that have projectiles, and characters that have fast aerial momentum do well against Diddy. Any character that is forced to approach like MK, are at a disadvantage against Diddy. MK can't really space with tornado if Diddy Kong has a banana in his hand, banana's beat mach tornado. To be honest, I rather use Toon Link than my Metaknight vs a campy Diddy Kong player, cause at least I can camp back with TL and out camp Diddy.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ally, sorry bro, but that 3:00 AM Fatigued Tongue Action pic is better than the one you have now.

Although this current one is more scary. You look like someone is about to get wrecked lol.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Too bad Olimar is the worst character in the game.
HATER!

I think Marth & DDD should swap places, pit & zss needs 2 go up, ike is being disrespected and needs 2 go up, I've seen link do more work than bowser.

Meta-knight vs ganondorf 1:99 Ganon's favor xDDD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ally, sorry bro, but that 3:00 AM Fatigued Tongue Action pic is better than the one you have now.

Although this current one is more scary. You look like someone is about to get wrecked lol.
I disagree. I rather like his current one, but didn't really like the other one.

In other news, Link isn't bad in Low Tier tournaments, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom