• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
what!? meta knight ranked 1!? thats BS hes so broken ugh! well falco is in a good place but i didnt see mario....
I know right?! MK should be -1! That way he won't be broken anymore! :bee:

Mario's pretty low, so look for him about 2/3 of the way down.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Like I said, Ivy might have one or two OK qualities, but nothing he has is great. I could say "Ganon's fsmash has amazing KO power and his sideB sets up techchasing scenarios", but both you and me know that there are better attacks for both situations, and that Ganon is still horrible overall.
Sure he does.

Down B -> ROCK SMASH

I forgive any and all of Ivysaur's faults as long as he still has that combo.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Just curious why is pit rated so high on the tier list?

From what I've seen he can't combo into fsmash at killing percents and the move it's self doesn't kill with di until I'm guessing near 110%. He cannot combo into his other kill move his bair and because of it's short range and short lasting strong hit box it looks hard to depend on. His combos well aren't very many to be honest and his OoS options look pretty average.

It seem the only reason he's even higher then character like Peach, luigi, fox, and Sheik is because his recover his more flexible, he's a bit heavier, and he can shot arrows fast.

That's a pretty bad trade off for safe approaches and combo into kill moves, can someone explain to me why everyone holds pit so high? He just seemed so highly rated for something that has no hype.

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice

From what I've seen he can't combo into fsmash at killing percents and the move it's self doesn't kill with di until I'm guessing near 110%. He cannot combo into his other kill move his bair and because of it's short range and short lasting strong hit box it looks hard to depend on. His combos well aren't very many to be honest and his OoS options look pretty average.

It seem the only reason he's even higher then character like Peach, luigi, fox, and Sheik is because his recover his more flexible, he's a bit heavier, and he can shot arrows fast.

That's a pretty bad trade off for safe approaches and combo into kill moves, can someone explain to me why everyone holds pit so high? He just seemed so highly rated for something that has no hype.
Cause he is friendly easy to use character :D
lol kidding
Maybe because he has a good camping strategy and has fairly good aerials and smash attacks
Plus it's really hard to beat a camping pit

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

I thought you said with DI lol @ 110 that's sheik for you I guess :chuckle:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Let's see...

Pit:
*has a projectile...
*has 2 reflectors, one of which acts like Mario's cape on startup...
*has dsmash, fair and bair as kill moves, in case his fsmash's weakness to SDI fails him...
*has one of the best recoveries, which can be canceled with any attack as soon as it's going to end so he doesn't have to freefall into an opponent's attack...
*has a glide, as well as a glide attack that doesn't clank (disjointed and transcendent) and kills...
*has a juggle-friendly uair that is multi-hit...

I guess that's it. He's still pretty light, can be gimped if his opponent likes to gimp while he recovers from low/stage-level heights, and his kill moves are highly telegraphed since he needs to be close to kill you (if the opponent knows his kill moves' ranges, Pit will have a hard time killing). He isn't exactly "good" against most top tiers either, they can pressure him quite well and force him to make mistakes MUCH better than Pit can pressure them.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
for fsmash it is dependant on where you are on stage the big problem with horizontal kill moves they kill drastically higer from one end of the stage to the other with good DI. 110 though, thats crazy low...

fsmash comes out at what frame 5 or something and its relatively safe on sheild against most characters.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pit is a "good", balanced character with a nice projectile... and that's just the problem. Good, balanced, and nice aren't broken, in any sense of the word. To be really good in this game you have to be dumb. >_>

It seems to me that Pit doesn't have the range and kill power you'd expect to get from a first-rate character, nor can he compensate for a lack of these qualities with any game-changing attributes such as Wario's aerial mobility or Diddy's ability to pull out bananas on command and use them so dang well.

As a result, he's not quite able to keep up with the best characters in the game that DO have that crazy range, mobility, survivability, kill power, etc., and in most cases a very good combination of these.

He's good- just not great.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
heh... stealer...

@DanGR
Most characters in the game aren't up to pits level though, he may not be Steir but the tools he does have dominate a lot of the cast I think.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
In brawl I think having a couple busted characteristics is better than being average/good in all things, which is why pit isnt that great of a character. characters like sonic with his extreme speed, and charizard with his weight, power, and rock smash seem to be better than a character thats balenced in all things like pit. thats why mario is low tier.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@DanGR
Most characters in the game aren't up to pits level though, he may not be Steir but the tools he does have dominate a lot of the cast I think.
Eh... dominate is too strong a word here even if he blew the low/mid tier characters out of the water, as it wouldn't really matter all that much. He's got a ton of near-even matchups with the rest of the cast, (mid and up) with more disadvantageous matchups as you near the top (losing to MK by quite a margin, it seems), though all of them seem doable. I'd place him around 16th or so along with the likes of say... Wolf, R.O.B., and Lucario maybe, in no particular order.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
LOL so if being "balanced" is bad then shouldn't "broken" be balanced?
Well if you want to call Snake's utilt "balanced" for purposes of following Da KiD's personal opinion, be my guest. :p

He's right, by the way. Pit is decent in a lot of things... But that's it, he's just 'decent', and 'decent' won't get you anywhere when there are other characters with unholy traits that do better than 'decent' characters. Pit's range is decent, his kill power is decent, his projectile is decent... But how can he fare against MK (for example), which has an unholy moveset, and Snake and DDD and Wario and Marth and (...)?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
no, it means that broken is good. Come on man, I know that analogies were taken out of standardized testing, but surely you can do better than that =P

Albert.

Smash Master
no, it means that broken is good. Come on man, I know that analogies were taken out of standardized testing, but surely you can do better than that =P
I was being facetious, dip.

<3 N.Eers

But how can he fare against MK (for example), which has an unholy moveset, and Snake and DDD and Wario and Marth and (...)?
hey don't include marth in that! unless you're ever talking about Melee lolol

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
To be fair, Marth is similar to how a lot of you are describing Pit right now. "Good" at a lot of things but not "great" at anything - Marth.

Pit on the other hand has "great" recovery and a "great" camping game but poor KO power and poor range. Pit is an A tier quality character though.

I also see a lot of this "who should move down for these various characters to move up?" snark which is hilarious because there are three (and possibly four) characters in A tier right now who are certainly not high tier characters. B tier is the new A tier; Lucario, ZSS, Toon Link, and arguably Pit and DK are more relevant and getting better results than ROB, GaW and Kirby nowadays. TL and DK suffer unwinnable match-ups I guess.

If GaW, Kirby, and ROB are still high tier in this next round there's something seriously wrong.

A better high tier than current in no particular order:

Dedede
Marth
ICs
Pikachu
ZSS
Olimar
Lucario
Pit
Toon Link

A better B tier in no particular order:
GAW
DK
Kirby
Sheik
Peach
Fox
ROB
Luigi

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What's the definition of "zoning" again?

Just trying to avoid the whole "great at spacing" thing I hear from anything Ganon to Snake.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I wouldn't describe mario as being all-round. He's slow and his recovery is awful
Bad? Yes. Awful? No.

Though you're right about him not being an all-roudn character. His gimping ability is far better than 'average', and is the main reason I can see him rising a spot or two.

To be fair, Marth is similar to how a lot of you are describing Pit right now. "Good" at a lot of things but not "great" at anything - Marth.

Pit on the other hand has "great" recovery and a "great" camping game but poor KO power and poor range. Pit is an A tier quality character though.

I also see a lot of this "who should move down for these various characters to move up?" snark which is hilarious because there are three (and possibly four) characters in A tier right now who are certainly not high tier characters. B tier is the new A tier; Lucario, ZSS, Toon Link, and arguably Pit and DK are more relevant and getting better results than ROB, GaW and Kirby nowadays. TL and DK suffer unwinnable match-ups I guess.

If GaW, Kirby, and ROB are still high tier in this next round there's something seriously wrong.
I agree entirely on ROB not being high tier. GaW and Kirby are still debatable though. They do have a number of very good qualities; not many, but said qualities are really, really good. They should drop, but still stay in high tier IMO.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

If Peach is not A tier, there is no way Pit is. You are going about his camping and recovery, so that makes him A tier? I find that insane.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Pit should never be in A tier, seriously. A good recovery and a good camping game are not enough to get him to high tier, and his camping game isn't all that "wow" either, since he gains nothing from spamming arrows against opponents who know how to evade them (which is a LOT of opponents), and the damage output is also minimal. Sure, he has some nifty tricks here and there, but I don't see him ever being side-by-side with the rest of A tier. All his moves can be telegraphed, actually, which is detrimental to his playstyle; if he's in the air close to you, he's gonna fair you. If he's backwards, he's gonna bair you. If he's gliding, he's gonna glide attack you/glide right past you, which runs the risk of him getting hit. Other characters (even Kirby, the bottom of A tier) have more options for more situations than Pit does, as sad as it may sound for the angel.

TL, however, is debatable... He's one of those characters who's scratching for bottom of A, along with Lucario and ZSS, and all 3 of them have similar tourney results.

And how can Kirby lower, but still remain in high tier? He's at the lowest position in high tier, lowering even one spot means he'll be in mid tier, and he's definitely a character that belongs in high tier. : |

etecoon

Smash Hero
pit is good at planking. I wouldn't say that his recovery is that amazing however, at least from my perspective(meta), he's not that hard to edge guard at all IMO

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have a question for people. Do you boys seriously think about the pros AND cons about characters when you hype/bash them? I seriously think people don't do that.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have a question for people. Do you boys seriously think about the pros AND cons about characters when you hype/bash them? I seriously think people don't do that.
I do, it's not smart to bring faulty info to the boards, people who know about the pros of a character will come and bash me for giving out incomplete info and remember me as 'the guy who gives half-***** replies'... I don't want people to know me like that. D:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
When I think about characters I only think about their pros. For example, the first pro that comes to mind when I think of Meta Knight is Mew2King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom