• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I agree with Shaya.

He's got a decent camp game, amazing catch up potential, pretty good DI, a wall cling, aura, decent kill potential with some aura, combos, good throws, and his weight is pretty weird, making chain throws and **** weird, and the ability to go offensive or defensive with him on the fly is great.

His recovery kinda' isn't awesome, not having aura suuuuuucks, approach is kinda' easy to see, up b doesn't damage. :(

That said I'd throw him at bottom of A tier if he gets some more rep.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im seriously starting to think lucario has one of the best projectiles in the game.

Chargeable

Full Charged beats air and spot dodges

zero charged does more damage than most spammable projectiles (lasers, light arrows)

Kills

Can be comboed into.

based on charge, damage can beat attacks unexpectedly, resulting in cruddy DI which is amazing.

does pretty much anything you can want...

not quite as spammable as lasers, cus you can only shoot one at a time. but the way you can vary the timing with it and the amount is damage it does is really good. and its great for covering you on a retreat

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Has anything productive come up for Luigi recently? Or are his base attributes and characteristics that good to keep him in mid?
I honestly can't decide where to place him anymore...on one hand is amaing at killing and comboing and doesn't have a huge amount of bad matchups. On the other hand, the matchups where he is bad at, mainly his worst mk, is easily one orf the worst against mk in the game. Marth and Game and Watch cause him troubles, but are overrated matchups. Everyone else I feel he can fare against decently. But his MK matchup is very severe.

I can't decide on his tier placing...yet.

Keyo~Zakuya

Smash Cadet
NNID
HakumeiTenshi
3DS FC
1504-6123-3627
I honestly can't decide where to place him anymore...on one hand is amaing at killing and comboing and doesn't have a huge amount of bad matchups. On the other hand, the matchups where he is bad at, mainly his worst mk, is easily one orf the worst against mk in the game. Marth and Game and Watch cause him troubles, but are overrated matchups. Everyone else I feel he can fare against decently. But his MK matchup is very severe.

Basically all you've said was that he's still in mid tier because he has a bad match-up against the HIGHEST RANKING CHARACTER IN THE GAME!!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Losing badly to easily the most prominent tournament character is a big deal. Snake ain't up there at 2nd for kicks and giggles.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

Luigi has garanteed jab reverse utilt on g&w.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
he loses hard to the best character but doesnt he do better than most against characters 2 3 and 4?

EDIT: and 5?
I'm not so sure. Apparently Luigi does well against Diddy and has some things on the likes of Falco, Snake, and Wario. None are solid advantages or even fairly neutral matchups, though, as far as I can tell. I've seen mixed opinions on Luigi vs. Diddy though.

Imo, it's still not enough to do decently well against the rest of top/high tier and have the road block that is MK waiting around the corner to knock you into losers/out of losers.

yes he is, his kicks makes me giggle: lol up tilts ftw
Touche'. ;P

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well yeah true Luigi does do decent (but not advantaged) against Snake, Falco, Wario, and Diddy. I just feel that his matchup against mk is almost...underratedly bad.

@Atosmk: Really? Guess that's sorta interesting, I feel mixed about the Game and Watch matchup. Marth is harder than Game and Watch for sure though.

Browny

Smash Hater
im seriously starting to think lucario has one of the best projectiles in the game.
Hes always had one of the best lol.

Its not too dissimilar from snakes grenades. IMO its not the fact that his projectile is amazing (see; olimar sideb/lasers), but because of the way it forces enemies to drastically rethink their approach/recovery options, a very slight wrong move can result in a KO. Lucario doesnt even have to even fire his aura sphere to change the way an enemy approaches. consider someone like peach approaching with fair. If she got hit with say, falcos lasers its not that big a deal, she can take the risk since potential reward is great. The risk just becomes too much when a full charge AS is in the way though, enough to completely discourage certain approaches (such as the turtle, spindash, tornado etc) with its ability to rip right through almost every disjointed attack and KO, where generally superior projectiles like pits arrows lose a lot of effectiveness.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Chargeable

Full Charged beats air and spot dodges

zero charged does more damage than most spammable projectiles (lasers, light arrows)

Kills

Can be comboed into.

based on charge, damage can beat attacks unexpectedly, resulting in cruddy DI which is amazing.

does pretty much anything you can want...

not quite as spammable as lasers, cus you can only shoot one at a time. but the way you can vary the timing with it and the amount is damage it does is really good. and its great for covering you on a retreat

Yeah I've noted its slight followup potential on several occasions

Don't forget that it causes b-reversal shenanigans :)

The thing that makes me angry is that FCAS can get "fanned"/canceled out by the silliest things. That's why it's so good as a punisher though, it doesn't seem to get canceled if the attack barely came out before the AS being thrown.

It's also the strongest projectile in the game for the most part, in terms of raw power (even FCAS @ low aura can gimp pretty well if you force your opponent to use certain recovery moves).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Probably going to be the very border of bottom A or top of B again, but I think the reasons are a combination of improved interest in his playstyle, much better rep nowadays, still some room for development (his uthrow seems to be getting better and better), but at the same time, I think it's also because there are some characters due for a possible drop at the same time.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I believe Lucario will move down one spot. The fact that he barely has any multi hit moves (besides jabs) and not much speed, hinders him. Other characters below Lucario have been doing better, like Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Toon Link... that's another reason why he will move down one spot, because those characters have improved. I do believe Lucario should be grouped as a high tier along with Pit, Kirby, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, G&W, ROB, Toon Link. My predictions. This is from continual research.

Tier list 3.0
Condensed Version
S: Meta Knight, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, King Dedede
A: Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Olimar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Kirby
B: Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Pit, Donkey Kong
C: Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sonic, Sheik
D: Bowser, Zelda, Pokémon Trainer, Ike
E: Lucas, Mario, Ness, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf

Condensed Version (My tier list)
Tier 1: Metaknight, Snake
Tier 2: Diddy Kong, Wario, Falco, King Dedede, Marth, Ice Climbers, Pikachu.
Tier 3: Mr. G&W, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, R.O.B., Toon Link, Lucario, Kirby.
Tier 4: Donkey Kong, Squirtle, Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Shiek/Zelda, Shiek, Ness, Lucas, Sonic, Yoshi, Pokemon Trainer.
Tier 5: Mario, Charizard, Bowser, Ike, Zelda, Samus, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff.
Tier 6: Captain Falcon, Link, Ganondorf, Popo

Lucario moves down one spot.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol TL isn't doing better than Lucario, and neither is Pit in the way of placement. I can see ZSS and maaaybe Pit (I think he's underdeveloped) rising above him next tier list, but I really think TL isn't as good as some give him credit for (and by the same coin, better than what others think of him).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I swear people down grade peach more than any other character in this game from these tier list people keep making with her in it.

Shenlong

Smash Cadet
If it makes you feel any better Dark.Pch I think (know) peach is B-tier material for sure. (I fight enough of them)

BSP

Smash Legend
If it makes you feel any better Dark.Pch I think (know) peach is B-tier material for sure. (I fight enough of them)
Definitely, I'd agree with you there. I don't think she belongs in C tier.

Again, what has Lucas been doing to move up?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Well, now that Peach has that Uair combo string on almost the entire cast, on top of a really developed metagame...

Yeah, she'll probably rise.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I kept Peach in the same spot on my tier list. She may rise though, especially after I saw what Kyon did to Ally and M2k. Peach has a nasty trump card in her down+b... and since he got a lucky pluck, he beat M2k and Ally with a suicidal bob- bomb, barely surviving the blast himself. It's kind of hard to accurately classify Peach, she could be a high tier character or a middle tier character, depending on what she plucks out from the ground.

Lucas is the most underated character in brawl. There's a video of a Lucas player that almost beat M2K, and I've seen what the best Lucas players can do, like Galeon. He has some very useful advanced techs which bump him up a notch.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Very true.

Peach will rise, that's all I know, unless the SBR decides to be funny for some odd reason and drop Peach for the sake of giggles.
Well by the looks of people in there..........she is not going anywhere...
I kept Peach in the same spot on my tier list. She may rise though, especially after I saw what Kyon did to Ally and M2k. Peach has a nasty trump card in her down+b... and since he got a lucky pluck, he beat M2k and Ally with a suicidal bob- bomb, barely surviving the blast himself. It's kind of hard to accurately classify Peach, she could be a high tier character or a middle tier character, depending on what she plucks out from the ground.

Peach is not a character you base on luck. So not even me as a Peach main would be bias and base her raise on this. If she was to rise solo on this, I myself would fight for Peach to get down graded.

But I will say out of any character to get lucky in this game, Peach would do the most damage from it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Well by the looks of people in there..........she is not going anywhere...

Peach is not a character you base on luck. So not even me as a Peach main would be bias and base her raise on this. If she was to rise solo on this, I myself would fight for Peach to get down graded.

But I will say out of any character to get lucky in this game, Peach would do the most damage from it.
Luck plays a big factor with some characters. Like Peach's down+b, DDD's gordo, G&W judgement 9. Because of this, it can cause some upsets, and can become unpredictable. However, Peach has the most prominent luck clause, because she can hold onto the item and use it at the moment's notice when the opponent is caught off guard or gets mindgamed, with G&W judgement you can't do this, or with DDD gordo, since you won't know when they will be summoned. Beam sword stays out for however long as you want it to. Bob bomb can turn the tide of a match, Mr. Saturn can wear down a character's shield, deadly turnips can also turn the tide of battle.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Luck plays a big factor with some characters. Like Peach's down+b, DDD's gordo, G&W judgement 9. Because of this, it can cause some upsets, and can become unpredictable. However, Peach has the most prominent luck clause, because she can hold onto the item and use it at the moment's notice when the opponent is caught off guard or gets mindgamed, with G&W judgement you can't do this, or with DDD gordo, since you won't know when they will be summoned. Beam sword stays out for however long as you want it to. Bob bomb can turn the tide of a match, Mr. Saturn can wear down a character's shield, deadly turnips can also turn the tide of battle.
You pretty much telling me that luck>skills. If that was the case, you really think some of these characters would be where they are now? These same boring characters would not be winning these tournies all the time.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
You pretty much telling me that luck>skills. If that was the case, you really think some of these characters would be where they are now? These same boring characters would not be winning these tournies all the time.
No. Skill > Luck. But sometimes luck can win you some matches, that you wouldn't win otherwise. Peach is a inconsistent character because of this.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord

Lucas is the most underated character in brawl. There's a video of a Lucas player that almost beat M2K, and I've seen what the best Lucas players can do, like Galeon. He has some very useful advanced techs which bump him up a notch.
You really do base your opinions on the stupidest things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom