• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupz

Smash Master
Laijin, stop trolling. lol.

How do you guys feel about Pikachu on the next tier list? I think he's about right where he is now.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I am aware of this, you said Wario "outprioritized" Sheik....I think that was you....if not i'm mistaken. Sheik also has little trouble dealing with Wario's air speed as she has the fastest double jump in the game and her ground speed enables her to keep up with Wario.
Shiek can do more hits than Wario can. She is able to combo better, which overall makes her a better character than Wario. You guys must have never seen a good Sheik player. Look up the "Savior Combo". She has an infinite.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the characters on the next tier list, who will rise the most and who will fall the most? Weigh in your opinions, I'd like to know.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I gt this one Adum dont worry.
Unfortunately, some people actually think things like this, that said, back posts and...

So I stopped feeding the troll.

Quit using fancy terms to try and make yourself look smarter bro. its not helping.
Some individuals have PNEUMONO*ULTRA*MICRO*SCOPIC*SILICO*VOLCANO*CONIOSIS and HEPATICO*CHOLANGIO*CHOLECYST*ENTERO*STOMIES, but are still SUPER*CALI*FRAGI*LISTIC*EXPI*ALI*DOCIOUS.

Do I have teh smartness now?

tocador

Smash Lord
HA!!!!! I know what all those big words me, do i get cool points nao?

@Laijin: Adum is not forcing the smart words, he just is that smart G_G

Edit: OMFG, laijin really, are you really meaning to troll or(no offense intended) are you that dumb ><???

Lots of things you are saying were disproved like in the first 5 months of the game, and things like "savior combo" are escapable with DI.

Really, just dont talk about what you dont know =[, it makes you look dumb ><

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
HA!!!!! I know what all those big words me, do i get cool points nao?

@Laijin: Adum is not forcing the smart words, he just is that smart G_G

Edit: OMFG, laijin really, are you really meaning to troll or(no offense intended) are you that dumb ><???

Lots of things you are saying were disproved like in the first 5 months of the game, and things like "savior combo" are escapable with DI.

Really, just dont talk about what you dont know =[, it makes you look dumb ><
Thanx, but you realize the "smart words" I was forcing was "momentum cancel", right?

Check his back posts, he's trolling.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Out of all the characters on the next tier list, who will rise the most and who will fall the most? Weigh in your opinions, I'd like to know.
To be honest, I believe the changes for this next list are going to be very minor. There will be 3-4 spot changes at the most. None of that 8 spot jumping Sonic ****.

With that said, changes I'm almost POSITIVE about are Ness > Lucas, ICs to rise a bit, Link > Falcon, and ZSS to rise.

Lol, Laijin gots dem mindgamez.

Chuee

Smash Hero
What are you talking about? Only a smart player can get grabs in like 95% of the time.

IC grab has no range.

Campy MKs suck

You suck

Quit using fancy terms to try and make yourself look smarter bro. its not helping.

*sigh*

Snake is super slow. I already said that. Plus he is a real character while everyone else does not resemble a real human being. Who wants to play someone like that? So lame.

So, Sonic should be top tier because he can run super fast?

No he does'nt. A good Marth player won't lose to a snake player.

Snake beats marth matchup wise.

Only bad players can't HIT other players.

*Facepalm*

The only reason hes this is because the players who play MK are the only good players who play this game. Everyone else just tends to suck with everyone.

Wow, stop saying these things when you know NOTHING

YOUR comments are ridiculous.
Troll harder please.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
For me, ROB has always been the character that I think of as bad, and am not afraid of, but always struggle against. I feel like he should be bad, but he isn't.
He can be a pain in the *** to fight. I don't know enough about him to really discuss, but I'm pretty sure he has decent match ups, right?

How bad are his worst match ups?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yeah thats the thing, I never meet people who are very knowledgable about ROB, so I never actually get "correct" info on his attributes or matchups

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There is no due date.

They can make one tomorrow, in the next minute this is posted, or in the year 2525.

Edit: Too slow.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Shiek can do more hits than Wario can. She is able to combo better, which overall makes her a better character than Wario. You guys must have never seen a good Sheik player. Look up the "Savior Combo". She has an infinite.
It doesn't matter combos in a game without hitstun, lol. Wario just need to ban FD and the infinite cannot be done everywhere. You also forgot that Wario is a pain to grab, and except getting a sweetspot up smash by grab releasing or Vanish it's going to be extremely hard to KO. And Sheik is worse than Wario, he can punish moves with barely any lag and it's going to be hard what to do. Plus KO is far easier with Wario than Sheik. And Wario only disadvantage matchups, all very winnable, are MK, Marth and Peach. In the other side, Sheik more disadvantage matchups and even has bad matchups like IC.

Wario is better because he lives longer, has better priority, is unpredictable, has better recovery and much better KO potential.

gm jack

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter combos in a game without hitstun, lol. Wario just need to ban FD and the infinite cannot be done everywhere. You also forgot that Wario is a pain to grab, and except getting a sweetspot up smash by grab releasing or Vanish it's going to be extremely hard to KO. And Sheik is worse than Wario, he can punish moves with barely any lag and it's going to be hard what to do. Plus KO is far easier with Wario than Sheik. And Wario only disadvantage matchups, all very winnable, are MK, Marth and Peach. In the other side, Sheik more disadvantage matchups and even has bad matchups like IC.

Wario is better because he lives longer, has better priority, is unpredictable, has better recovery and much better KO potential.
Sheik true combos even with the low hitstun. And despite the guy trolling, the Saltus/Saviour combo actually works on very few characters. One of which is Wario.

Sheik can punish pretty much everything, as she is so quick on the ground.

But yes, you are generally right on Wario having an easier time getting the KO, though Sheik doesn't have it too bad.

However, you are right that Wario is a just a generally better character. However, you need to check some facts.

Also, don't feed the troll.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
On the next tier list... The character that will rise the most would be Ness. The character that would fall the most would be Zelda.
i was thinking maybe IC would rise the most maybe? Peach to rise a bit as well?

I think Game n watch will drop quite a bit as well. Will d3 drop much as well?

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Sheik true combos even with the low hitstun. And despite the guy trolling, the Saltus/Saviour combo actually works on very few characters. One of which is Wario.

Sheik can punish pretty much everything, as she is so quick on the ground.

But yes, you are generally right on Wario having an easier time getting the KO, though Sheik doesn't have it too bad.

However, you are right that Wario is a just a generally better character. However, you need to check some facts.

Also, don't feed the troll.
Dude, you gotta make up your mind. you're fighting two battles son.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't trying to feed the troll. I'm just pointing out he was (unintentionally) right.
Well, I see your point. I don't know how I feel about the matchup. I played Gmoney back in like '08 or something and he was using Wario (I used Zelda/Sheik). He like 3 stocked me first round and next round I almost had a comeback. Yeah I know I wasn't as good as I am now but I had some good skill and his Wario just ***** me. Sheik is not a good choice against Wario. Zelda stands a much better chance than Sheik does. Believe me since I used to main her.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Well, I see your point. I don't know how I feel about the matchup. I played Gmoney back in like '08 or something and he was using Wario (I used Zelda/Sheik). He like 3 stocked me first round and next round I almost had a comeback. Yeah I know I wasn't as good as I am now but I had some good skill and his Wario just ***** me. Sheik is not a good choice against Wario. Zelda stands a much better chance than Sheik does. Believe me since I used to main her.
I main both. Zelda has no way in hell to approach Wario. Wario can run out the timer on most characters. Now get a slow one with no approach options and a poor projectile and you pretty much have no chance. Sheik is fast (both moves and on the ground), has a good projectile and fast ground moves and a quick double jump. Wario relies on baiting moves and punishing. Sheik is quick enough to do the same back.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
I main both. Zelda has no way in hell to approach Wario. Wario can run out the timer on most characters. Now get a slow one with no approach options and a poor projectile and you pretty much have no chance. Sheik is fast (both moves and on the ground), has a good projectile and fast ground moves and a quick double jump. Wario relies on baiting moves and punishing. Sheik is quick enough to do the same back.
Yeah Sheik is quick but her priority is not nearly as good as his. I mean, her Bair is practically all I used but still no cigar. I had a much easier time playing against Wario as Zelda. Even if she's slow, if you know how to approach then you'll be able to do some good damage. It's fairly simple luring in opponents with Zelda, especially those without projectiles. The best part about it is they try to charge in when you're in the middle of mindraping them.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
On the next tier list... The character that will rise the most would be Ness. The character that would fall the most would be Zelda.
i agree with ness having potnetial to rise idk about "the most"
and zelda will def not fall the most,, she really deserves better on the next tier list(not top tier but at least higher in the mids),,her defensiv game is really good[[[dont go offensive with zelda!!!!]]],, i find her only major flaw to b her recovery,,as in up-b(very predictable) and some lag on certain moves(side tilt for example),,yes she dies fairly quick and has other flaws but these can b remedied with the right gameplay strategy,, and dont forget about her pros,,she doesnt hav much trouble finishing off opponents,, up-b has really good suck-in capabilities adn can catch oppenents off guard,, fireballz r great to stop approaches/campers even though u will prolly b labeled a camper urself,, and is a good pressure move in general,,, down-tilt is great for set-ups, and regardless of them being seperate on the tier list she can transform to sheik wen facing characters that can counter her,,
people make her out to b soo bad , shes not!

on a side note,, i think ROB will go up, Bowser will go down, IC's will go up, Jigglypuff will go up(not much), kirby will go down, DK goes down, and Lucario will go up
im basing these predeictions off me attempting to learn sum of these characters and playing pros that main these chars,,,i cant say much for the other characters since i dotn hav much xperience with them or i didnt say anything abotu certain chars cuz i think they will stay the same on the list
if u want reasoning for anything i wrote on this comment feel free to ask ill try to chek on it eventually adn reply

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Here's my assumption.

S: Meta Knight, Snake, Diddy Kong, Wario, Falco, King Dedede
A: Marth, Ice Climbers, Olimar, R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch
B: Pikachu, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Toon Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong
C: Peach, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sheik
D: Ike, Bowser, Sonic, Pokémon Trainer, Zelda, Ness, Mario, Lucas
E: Link, Yoshi, Samus
F: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon
G: Ganondorf

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I only think Zelda will fall the most cus there's so much hype about it.....not that I actually agree that she should.....

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
IMO, Zelda should fall maybe one or two positions, but no more than that. All of this stuff about Zelda being in the bottom 5 is just... not right. With the exceptions of Ike, Mario and maybe Yoshi, Zelda is better than the majority of characters below her.

In a broad sense, Zelda and Bowser are actually really similar. I mean, think about it. They both have tons of kill power, but on average their attacks are somewhat slow. Both of them have great defensive games with solid ooS options, but they can't use them to their fullest potential because most characters can force them to approach. Since neither of them have very good approaches, this is a problem. Finally, they both have fairly poor, easy to gimp recoveries and slower grabs than normal (though Zelda more so).

gm jack

Smash Lord
and zelda will def not fall the most,, she really deserves better on the next tier list(not top tier but at least higher in the mids),,her defensiv game is really good[[[dont go offensive with zelda!!!!]]],, i find her only major flaw to b her recovery,,as in up-b(very predictable) and some lag on certain moves(side tilt for example),,yes she dies fairly quick and has other flaws but these can b remedied with the right gameplay strategy,, and dont forget about her pros,,she doesnt hav much trouble finishing off opponents,, up-b has really good suck-in capabilities adn can catch oppenents off guard,, fireballz r great to stop approaches/campers even though u will prolly b labeled a camper urself,, and is a good pressure move in general,,, down-tilt is great for set-ups, and regardless of them being seperate on the tier list she can transform to sheik wen facing characters that can counter her,,
She can't camp. Din's Fire is laughably easy to avoid. She can't approach. How do you expect people to run at her to make her use her good defensive game when they can make her come to them?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
i was thinking maybe IC would rise the most maybe? Peach to rise a bit as well?

I think Game n watch will drop quite a bit as well. Will d3 drop much as well?
IC would probably rise 2 spots. But with this current tier list, they placed Ness way too low! Ness is at least going to go up at least 5 spots. I think Peach would remain the same, I just don't see how Peach can be better than Fox, Luigi and Wolf.

on a side note,, i think ROB will go up, Bowser will go down, IC's will go up, Jigglypuff will go up(not much), kirby will go down, DK goes down, and Lucario will go up
im basing these predeictions off me attempting to learn sum of these characters and playing pros that main these chars,,,i cant say much for the other characters since i dotn hav much xperience with them or i didnt say anything abotu certain chars cuz i think they will stay the same on the list
if u want reasoning for anything i wrote on this comment feel free to ask ill try to chek on it eventually adn reply
Zelda would go down 4 spots in my opinion. Her recovery and everything about her is too predictable. She is better, when you play both Shiek and Zelda. But Zelda played separately is just not as good for 1 vs 1.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Zelda would be so much better if she actually had a good fair...
And what gm jack says. She has an amazing defensive game, the problem is she's usually forced to go offensive :\ But, I still think she isnt completely usless or lowest tier, I mean she does have pros and her top/high tier matchups arent devastating minus MK and Snake...And you got Sheik for Mk and Snake

@Tiger: Bowsers has more grab release options and better matchups I think (other than DDD) He's also faster I think, fair and upb OoS is too good.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wait... so out of all things that are making Zelda bad, you pick exactly the thing that's a common misinformation (Zelda's recovery being predictable)?

lmao.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I actually quite like Zelda's recovery move :p less startup would be good but I honestly dont think its the thing keeping her down...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It's not even generally a bad recovery, or, as he says, predictable. It's a bit stupid to use and it's not the best, but her recovery is like... her smallest problem, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom